Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More Millionaires are leaving CHICAGO than any other American City. Why?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

More Millionaires are leaving CHICAGO than any other American City. Why?

Millionaires are leaving Chicago, report says
Becky Yerak Contact Reporter
Chicago Tribune
April 4, 2016

Millionaires are leaving Chicago more than any other city in the United States on a net basis, according to a new report.

About 3,000 individuals with net assets of $1 million or more, not including their primary residence, moved from the city last year, with many citing rising racial tensions and worries about crime as factors in the decision, according to research firm New World Wealth. That represented about 2 percent of the city's high net worth individuals.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-chicago-losing-millionaires-0405-biz-20160404-story.html

They're obviously looking for a place with more progressive policies, controls, social justice, and higher taxes.

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:They're obviously looking for a place with more progressive policies, controls, social justice, and higher taxes.

Undoubtedly 100% true!

Again, our Progressives have no clue.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Who cares about Chicago?  I went there for the first time in 1998 to do some environmental fieldwork at the former NAS Glenview. My boss was from Chicago, so he was on his home-turf. He took us around to show us things and helped us navigate during our week-long stay.

I was not impressed with the people, the restaurants, or the setting. Chicagoans are definitely different. I could give a hoot about how the place is run, how it is crime-ridden, etc. Because, I ain't ever going back there!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Who cares about Chicago? I went there for the first time in 1998 to do some environmental fieldwork at the former NAS Glenview. My boss was from Chicago, so he was on his home-turf. He took us around to show us things and helped us navigate during our week-long stay.

I was not impressed with the people, the restaurants, or the setting. Chicagoans are definitely different. I could give a hoot about how the place is run, how it is crime-ridden, etc. Because, I ain't ever going back there!

I'm sorry you feel that way about Chicago. Like New Yorkers, Chicagoans are definitely different. I was born in Florida but my Mom moved back to Chicago when I was an infant. We left Chicago when I was 9 but many of my relatives remained in the city. I visited the city regularly over the years and more so the years I was active as an officer and professional speaker for NAR.

I believe it is a wonderful city and I am heartbroken by the massive rise in crime. It has always been a corrupt government but now, crime is out of hand.

As for the restaurants, obviously your boss did not take you to the best Chicago has to offer. World class restaurant by the dozen but they certainly are not cheap. There is a restaurant I really want to visit. It is rated as one of the best steakhouses in the country. It is David Burke's Primehouse and is located in a prestigious hotel in the heart of Chicago.

Just as you like chocolate and I like vanilla, you don't like Chicago but I do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum