Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why more and more in U.S. are returning to work

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Why more and more in U.S. are returning to work
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/03/27/idled-workers-returning-labor-force/82274876/

Hundreds of thousands of Americans are streaming back into an improving labor market as employers raise wages and hire less skilled job candidates to cope with an intensifying worker shortage.

The portion of the U.S. population working or looking for jobs — known as the labor force participation rate — has risen to 62.9% from 62.4% since September, Labor Department figures show. The rate had been falling since 2008, mostly because of baby boomer retirements, and that's still expected to be the long-term trend.

More people are finding employment and wages are rising.... I wonder which party this trend favors during this election year?

I wish Boards was around to comment on this.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I wonder if they are working for companies owned by the Chinese.

Good... it's nice to know that the trillions of debt is perhaps finally trickling down to the average working stiff. Don't fool yourself... this recovery was exactly that. Btw... the lpr is a measurement of working age employment eligible participants.

I'm pretty sure you had to know that though. Why politicize it with misrepresentations?

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Why more and more in U.S. are returning to work
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/03/27/idled-workers-returning-labor-force/82274876/

Hundreds of thousands of Americans are streaming back into an improving labor market as employers raise wages and hire less skilled job candidates to cope with an intensifying worker shortage.

The portion of the U.S. population working or looking for jobs — known as the labor force participation rate — has risen to 62.9% from 62.4% since September, Labor Department figures show. The rate had been falling since 2008, mostly because of baby boomer retirements, and that's still expected to be the long-term trend.

More people are finding employment and wages are rising.... I wonder which party this trend favors during this election year?

I wish Boards was around to comment on this.....

In six months the Labor Participation Rate has increased by...ON HALF OF ONE PERCENT. Wow! And after only SEVEN YEARS of steady decline.

More likely, the cause is that the unemployed are afraid that when a Republican is in the Oval Office, they may be forced into jobs they don't like anyway so they might as well get some seniority.

After dropping THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS since President Obama took office, exactly how much have wages increased. Along with your source please.

Labor Participation Rate 2/2016

Why more and more in U.S. are returning to work Labor%20Participation%20%20Feb%202016_zpsvt7zuplw

2seaoat

Lets see if I got this right Mr. Markle....when 10k people a day are retiring in the huge population bubble called the babyboom, those retirements take people out of the labor market, and out of private insurance into medicare.....how could I write a propaganda piece which makes this trend seem like it is something bad.....hmmmm the general population of America is too smart to not see the truth.....maybe I could sell it to Republican Primary voters....yea....thats the ticket.

Gawd... retirement is NOT unemployed. You could atleast make a minimal attempt to be intellectually honest.

Even just reading the few other responses on this thread would've given you a clue. Don't get so sloppy on us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum