Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Miami is sinking ... But Rubio says it's all okay because weather is always changing ...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

No one can deny the fact that the sea is rising and Miami is already suffering. Rick Scott's gang has ordered that the term "Global Warming" is not to be used by his administration. That should solve the problem, right?

Methinks this subject in Florida is an Ostrich who buries its head in the sand ... and then drowns. The following well-written and clever article from The New Yorker magazine tells it like it is.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/12/21/the-siege-of-miami

Wordslinger wrote:No one can deny the fact that the sea is rising and Miami is already suffering.  Rick Scott's gang has ordered that the term "Global Warming" is not to be used by his administration.   That should solve the problem, right?

Methinks this subject in Florida  is an Ostrich who buries its head in the sand ... and then drowns.  The following well-written and clever article from The New Yorker magazine tells it like it is.  

Just another site in the US where a city was built on the edge of nature. Miami, New Orleans...of course you are going to flood...even without climate change and ice melt.

However, I'm not dismissing the facts of ice melt. I'm just saying choose your location to live a little better.

Very Happy

SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:No one can deny the fact that the sea is rising and Miami is already suffering.  Rick Scott's gang has ordered that the term "Global Warming" is not to be used by his administration.   That should solve the problem, right?

Methinks this subject in Florida  is an Ostrich who buries its head in the sand ... and then drowns.  The following well-written and clever article from The New Yorker magazine tells it like it is.  

Just another site in the US where a city was built on the edge of nature. Miami, New Orleans...of course you are going to flood...even without climate change and ice melt.

However, I'm not dismissing the facts of ice melt. I'm just saying choose your location to live a little better.

Very Happy

Good point... the oceans have been rising for about 10k years since the end of the last glacial maximum. It would be smarter/cheaper for humans to migrate as they have throughout our history. There are complete cities now under hundreds of feet of water. That's the nature of our planet. It's a dangerous place... we should leave.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

Just another site in the US where a city was built on the edge of nature.  Miami, New Orleans...of course you are going to flood...even without climate change and ice melt.  

However, I'm not dismissing the facts of ice melt.  I'm just saying choose your location to live a little better.  

Very Happy

Good point... the oceans have been rising for about 10k years since the end of the last glacial maximum. It would be smarter/cheaper for humans to migrate as they have throughout our history. There are complete cities now under hundreds of feet of water. That's the nature of our planet. It's a dangerous place... we should leave.

I'm sure your wonderful governor, Rick Scott, will be happy with your solution!

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:No one can deny the fact that the sea is rising and Miami is already suffering. Rick Scott's gang has ordered that the term "Global Warming" is not to be used by his administration. That should solve the problem, right?

Methinks this subject in Florida is an Ostrich who buries its head in the sand ... and then drowns. The following well-written and clever article from The New Yorker magazine tells it like it is.

Cute try.

Yes, many people can deny that the sea is rising, and do. What you say in your headline may be true. Miami [Beach] is sinking. Your article is not about Miami, but rather Miami Beach. A string of islands roughly 2 miles off the coast of Miami.

WOW!! What a surprise, billions of tons of concrete and steel have been piled on tiny islands...and they are lower now than when all this began. I am shocked, SHOCKED I SAY.

IF ocean was rising, then most of Key West would be under water. It is not. Yes, there are streets that flood with exceptionally high tides. They flooded when I lived in Key West when I lived there in 1968 through 1970. It really played havoc with cars rusting out. Mallory Square, on the West side of the island, was a foot or so above the high tide when I lived there. It still is today and hundreds of people gather there to see the street entertainers and magnificent sunsets every evening.

Probably not permitted now...but the solution to the salt problem with cars was a regular oil spray. Filling stations saved the oil drained in an oil change. When you took your car in for an oil spray, they had a special lift they would use and then they would spray and soak the entire under carriage of the car with used motor oil. You'd drive off being protected from salt water, a bit of blue smoke for a 100 yards or so and slick tires. But it worked.

One more time!

NOAA Radiosonde Data Shows No Warming For 58 Years
Posted on March 7, 2016, by Tony Heller

In their “hottest year ever” press briefing, NOAA included this graph, which stated that they have a 58-year long radiosonde temperature record. But they only showed the last 37 years in the graph.

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/03/noaa-radiosonde-data-shows-no-warming-for-58-years/

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Cute try.

Yes, many people can deny that the sea is rising, and do.  What you say in your headline may be true.  Miami [Beach] is sinking. Your article is not about Miami, but rather Miami Beach.  A string of islands roughly 2 miles off the coast of Miami.

WOW!!  What a surprise, billions of tons of concrete and steel have been piled on tiny islands...and they are lower now than when all this began.  I am shocked, SHOCKED I SAY.

IF ocean was rising, then most of Key West would be under water.  It is not.  Yes, there are streets that flood with exceptionally high tides.  They flooded when I lived in Key West when I lived there in 1968 through 1970.  It really played havoc with cars rusting out.  Mallory Square, on the West side of the island, was a foot or so above the high tide when I lived there.  It still is today and hundreds of people gather there to see the street entertainers and magnificent sunsets every evening.

Probably not permitted now...but the solution to the salt problem with cars was a regular oil spray.  Filling stations saved the oil drained in an oil change.  When you took your car in for an oil spray, they had a special lift they would use and then they would spray and soak the entire under carriage of the car with used motor oil.  You'd drive off being protected from salt water, a bit of blue smoke for a 100 yards or so and slick tires.  But it worked.

One more time!

In their “hottest year ever” press briefing, NOAA included this graph, which stated that they have a 58-year long radiosonde temperature record. But they only showed the last 37 years in the graph.

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/03/noaa-radiosonde-data-shows-no-warming-for-58-years/

I trust Markle and the folks at "realclimatescience.com" as much as I trust a cop who's also a card-carrying member of the KKK. So, based on Markle's carefully crafted anti global warming hit piece here, I copied it and sent it to NOAA, asking them to tell me whether it's accurate or not, and why. Stay tuned in folks, I'll broadcast the results as soon as I get them. LOL

http://www.earthporm.com/5-mind-blowing-underwater-cities/#fref

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Cute try.

Yes, many people can deny that the sea is rising, and do.  What you say in your headline may be true.  Miami [Beach] is sinking. Your article is not about Miami, but rather Miami Beach.  A string of islands roughly 2 miles off the coast of Miami.

WOW!!  What a surprise, billions of tons of concrete and steel have been piled on tiny islands...and they are lower now than when all this began.  I am shocked, SHOCKED I SAY.

IF ocean was rising, then most of Key West would be under water.  It is not.  Yes, there are streets that flood with exceptionally high tides.  They flooded when I lived in Key West when I lived there in 1968 through 1970.  It really played havoc with cars rusting out.  Mallory Square, on the West side of the island, was a foot or so above the high tide when I lived there.  It still is today and hundreds of people gather there to see the street entertainers and magnificent sunsets every evening.

Probably not permitted now...but the solution to the salt problem with cars was a regular oil spray.  Filling stations saved the oil drained in an oil change.  When you took your car in for an oil spray, they had a special lift they would use and then they would spray and soak the entire under carriage of the car with used motor oil.  You'd drive off being protected from salt water, a bit of blue smoke for a 100 yards or so and slick tires.  But it worked.

One more time!

I trust Markle and the folks at "realclimatescience.com" as much as I trust a cop who's also a card-carrying member of the KKK.  So, based on Markle's carefully crafted anti global warming hit piece here, I copied it and sent it to NOAA, asking them to tell me whether it's accurate or not, and why.  Stay tuned in folks, I'll broadcast the results as soon as I get them.   LOL

Yea! That's about as reliable as asking Lame Duck President why the economy is such a failure and expecting a straight answer.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Dear Sir or Madam:

In an online forum out of Pensacola, I posted a New Yorker article
claiming that the sea is rising and much of Miami will be underwater
within 100 years. The article's online address is:

One of the forum members who believes that Global Warming is a hoax
posted the following article as proof that NOAA's own records show no
rise in sea temperatures. His article:

Q: Are either of the two articles above essentially correct?

Q: Is the "realclimatescience.com" article an accurate interpretation
of NOAA research findings?

Frankly, I think my opponent is an anti-environmental activist and that
his POV is completely inaccurate.

But you guys are supposed to be the experts. What can you tell me with
which I can refute my opponent, using real NOAA science?

Thank you for your assistance.

The answer:

The "original NOAA radiosonde data" are from a paper published in 1979 by Angell and Korshover. These data came from a smaller set of stations than is currently used, and these data, at the time, were not corrected for the impact of changing instrumentation and measurement practices. The contemporary NOAA analyses, such as those published in the State of the Climate briefing, use the RATPAC A time series. The RATPAC information has the benefit of a larger station set, and 35 years of advancement in science since the Angell and Korshover publication.

Deke

Semi-sane Markle rejects anything NOAA says about climate, because it's NOAA. So who do you believe, a far right Pseudo scientist who is continually producing rightist propaganda on a number of subjects, or a spokesman for NOAA?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Dear Sir or Madam:

within 100 years.  The article's online address is:

rise in sea temperatures.  His article:

Q:  Are either of the two articles above essentially correct?

Q:  Is the "realclimatescience.com" article an accurate interpretation

But you guys are supposed to be the experts.   What can you tell me with

The answer:  

The "original NOAA radiosonde data" are from a paper published in 1979 by Angell and Korshover. These data came from a smaller set of stations than is currently used, and these data, at the time, were not corrected for the impact of changing instrumentation and measurement practices. The contemporary NOAA analyses, such as those published in the State of the Climate briefing, use the RATPAC A time series. The RATPAC information has the benefit of a larger station set, and 35 years of advancement in science since the Angell and Korshover publication.

Deke

Semi-sane Markle rejects anything NOAA says about climate, because it's NOAA.  So who do you believe, a far right Pseudo scientist who is continually producing rightist propaganda on a number of subjects, or a spokesman for NOAA?

THANK YOU! You have confirmed exactly what is in the article I submitted.

THANK YOU for you kind help and confirmation!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Dear Sir or Madam:

The answer:  

Deke

Semi-sane Markle rejects anything NOAA says about climate, because it's NOAA.  So who do you believe, a far right Pseudo scientist who is continually producing rightist propaganda on a number of subjects, or a spokesman for NOAA?

THANK YOU!  You have confirmed exactly what is in the article I submitted.

Of course I did ... and wet is dry, warm is cold, etc ..

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Dear Sir or Madam:

The answer:  

Deke

THANK YOU!  You have confirmed exactly what is in the article I submitted.

Of course I did ... and wet is dry, warm is cold, etc ..

They refused to say that the information was wrong in any way.

They DID say, and I'll quote: "were not corrected for the impact of changing instrumentation and measurement practices."

They are saying that the figures were not adjusted...wow, that's a negative. They used the actual temperature figures instead of arbitrarily making adjustments to the figures so they more closely match their preconceived beliefs.

Gawd I get tired of repeating myself. There are three data sets that make up the ocean temps that were adjusted. A state of the art buoy array that even goes to depth and surfaces to report... specifically designed to study temperature. Satellite readings that are constantly calibrated and updated. Lastly are internal water intakes on ocean going cargo ships.

Two of these data sets were manipulated to move inline with the third... and voila... no more global warming hiatus.

Guess which data records were tortured to accomplish this "science"?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum