Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Former President Bill Clinton losing the silver tongue. Tells MARINE to SHUT UP AND LISTEN!

+5
knothead
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
dumpcare
Markle
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:My reverence for the military dropped significantly when we went with an all mercenary military. The soldier citizen sacrificing defending their country is not the norm, and now the norm is a mercenary force fighting to secure the Oligarchy's oil and control of the world. Sadly, what Dreams described is the reality . It simply is time to quit honoring things connected to war and the killing of innocents. I certainly am not suggesting to dishonor those who chose to become mercenaries, but the days of the citizen soldier are over. This is mostly about a paycheck and some stupid American adventurism which results in hundreds of thousands of innocents dying. Enough with the fascist symbolism, and it is time to heed our founding father's warnings about standing armies. They destroy democracy and the very fabric of our country.

We have a volunteer military, they are not mercenaries.

To say that men and women entering the military are only there for a paycheck is revolting.

I have a very good friend who was in the Special Forces and after his discharge became a mercenary. He was uninjured when he left the military but, in the course of some years as a paid mercenary, an explosion near his head, cost him the hearing in one ear and the loss of the eye. He had an ugly scar on his leg, from his calf to his thigh where he had been in a knife fight. He had a bullet scar on his other thigh as well as one in his stomach.

In spite of all that, he was the best-natured, short person I know. He is also a master gun smith if there is such a thing. He isn't violent nor does he seem to have any other disabilities than those I listed. He works at whatever job he wants at the time. Apparently his pay as a mercenary was sufficient to put away enough to not have to work.

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:My reverence for the military dropped significantly when we went with an all mercenary military.   The soldier citizen sacrificing defending their country is not the norm, and now the norm is a mercenary force fighting to secure the Oligarchy's oil and control of the world.   Sadly, what Dreams described is the reality .  It simply is time to quit honoring things connected to war and the killing of innocents.  I certainly am not suggesting to dishonor those who chose to become mercenaries, but the days of the citizen soldier are over.  This is mostly about a paycheck and some stupid American adventurism which results in hundreds of thousands of innocents dying.   Enough with the fascist symbolism, and it is time to heed our founding father's warnings about standing armies.   They destroy democracy and the very fabric of our country.

We have a volunteer military, they are not mercenaries.

To say that men and women entering the military are only there for a paycheck is revolting.

I have a very good friend who was in the Special Forces and after his discharge became a mercenary.  He was uninjured when he left the military but, in the course of some years as a paid mercenary, an explosion near his head, cost him the hearing in one ear and the loss of the eye.  He had an ugly scar on his leg, from his calf to his thigh where he had been in a knife fight.  He had a bullet scar on his other thigh as well as one in his stomach.

In spite of all that, he was the best-natured, short person I know.  He is also a master gun smith if there is such a thing.  He isn't violent nor does he seem to have any other disabilities than those I listed.  He works at whatever job he wants at the time.  Apparently his pay as a mercenary was sufficient to put away enough to not have to work.

Mr. Markle all ow to weigh in here. Our military is paid well, their dependents are cared for and followed up with lifetime health benefits . . . . . . now that is substantive compensation. Very few are ever put in harms way but that's what they signed up for and I am very appreciative of their service. Are they all heroes? Not really . . . . . to be a hero you must perform a courageous act risking your own life and limb . . . . . simply wearing the uniform does not make a hero(or at least in my mind). Are they mercenaries? No not technically but the point that the benefit is sufficient incentive to induce some to sign up . . . . btw yesterday I watched President Obama present the MOH to a Seal Team Six member and yes I was proud both of him and for him.

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:They were clearly plants and executing their mission . . . . . nothing more!

CLEARLY! Unlike at any of the Trump, Cruz or Rubio events.

Former President Bill Clinton losing the silver tongue.  Tells MARINE to SHUT UP AND LISTEN! - Page 2 Laughinganimationdog

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum