Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

John Oliver on voter fraud

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1John Oliver on voter fraud Empty John Oliver on voter fraud 2/15/2016, 11:29 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2John Oliver on voter fraud Empty Re: John Oliver on voter fraud 2/16/2016, 9:43 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Yes, he's right it is an attempt to bring back Jim Crow. It is a solution to a made up problem. What did it come down to in his piece, clerical errors and voters with the same name?

R's are just in a dither because they can't face up to the fact that they are in the minority and will continue to shrink mainly because their party does not stand for anything that appeals to the very groups they are trying to exclude from the polls. It's hard to appeal to these groups when their policies are seen as negative by them (women, immigrants, the poor, etc.).

3John Oliver on voter fraud Empty Re: John Oliver on voter fraud 2/16/2016, 9:47 pm

Gosh... it's as if that regurgitated everything you wish to believe... what an amazing coincidence. Whodathunkit?

4John Oliver on voter fraud Empty Re: John Oliver on voter fraud 2/16/2016, 10:07 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:Gosh... it's as if that regurgitated everything you wish to believe... what an amazing coincidence. Whodathunkit?

If you have any reputable data showing rampant voter impersonation we'd all be happy to see it. Otherwise I'd say that in spite of their best attempts to justify their push at voter suppression the Republicans have failed to show a good reason to require a picture.

The best they can come up with, which is very weak and shows how white and myopic these people largely are, is to ask the question that is some form of: Who doesn't have a picture ID these days? Well it turns out that many people don't have a picture ID and that it is mostly people of color and the poor or very old who do not have one.

5John Oliver on voter fraud Empty Re: John Oliver on voter fraud 2/16/2016, 10:24 pm

Pfft... you need an id for nearly every other interaction with govt. You just refuse to give ground ideologically.

6John Oliver on voter fraud Empty Re: John Oliver on voter fraud 2/16/2016, 10:40 pm

2seaoat

You conceptually are missing that people are vetted in registration, and there is NO factual basis for fraud on election day based on a person who says they are a registered voter......yet any arbitrary denial because of lack of a photo ID on election day, takes that person's right to vote away. I have never shown a photo ID to vote....never. The communities where I have lived know each other. This idea that somebody would try to vote in my place, or that a person would risk a felony for one vote.....it is logically inconsistent with reality, and perfectly consistent with the Jim Crow tradition to limit minorities from voting in America......pffft....you should be literate before you vote.....pffft...you should pay a poll tax before you vote to offset the costs of the election......pffft indeed.

7John Oliver on voter fraud Empty Re: John Oliver on voter fraud 2/16/2016, 10:47 pm

2seaoat wrote:You conceptually are missing that people are vetted in registration, and there is NO factual basis for fraud on election day based on a person who says they are a registered voter......yet any arbitrary denial because of lack of a photo ID on election day, takes that person's right to vote away. I have never shown a photo ID to vote....never. The communities where I have lived know each other. This idea that somebody would try to vote in my place, or that a person would risk a felony for one vote.....it is logically inconsistent with reality, and perfectly consistent with the Jim Crow tradition to limit minorities from voting in America......pffft....you should be literate before you vote.....pffft...you should pay a poll tax before you vote to offset the costs of the election......pffft indeed.

Hahaha... welcome back. There is no factual argument or statistical rational that those that wish to participate in society today would not have the means by which to do that. There is literally no means to interact w govt without identity.

8John Oliver on voter fraud Empty Re: John Oliver on voter fraud 2/17/2016, 12:09 am

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote:You conceptually are missing that people are vetted in registration, and there is NO factual basis for fraud on election day based on a person who says they are a registered voter......yet any arbitrary denial because of lack of a photo ID on election day, takes that person's right to vote away.   I have never shown a photo ID to vote....never.   The communities where I have lived know each other.   This idea that somebody would try to vote in my place, or that a person would risk a felony for one vote.....it is logically inconsistent with reality, and perfectly consistent with the Jim Crow tradition to limit minorities from voting in America......pffft....you should be literate before you vote.....pffft...you should pay a poll tax before you vote to offset the costs of the election......pffft indeed.

Hahaha... welcome back. There is no factual argument or statistical rational that those that wish to participate in society today would not have the means by which to do that. There is literally no means to interact w govt without identity.

Who could make these things up?

Progressives...seemingly seriously discussing a COMEDIAN'S SKETCH.

John Oliver on voter fraud HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum