Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You are witnessing the end of the republican party. It's about time!!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-new-hampshire_us_56b8fcc5e4b04f9b57dab13b?dl07ldi&ncid=newsltushpmg00000003

Mr. Trump: Thank you for handing the presidency to Bernie Sanders.

Sal

Sal

I do find it somewhat interesting that when Sanders trounces Hillary in a primary, Hillary is toast, but when Trump trounces the rest of the Republican field in a primary, it's important to look at who came in second and third.

Wordslinger, no matter if we turned to one party we will still have candidates running who have opposite thinking. Labeled or not there will be "sides."

Utopia is but a dream...I know.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

SheWrites wrote: Wordslinger, no matter if we turned to one party we will  still  have candidates running who have opposite thinking. Labeled or not there will be "sides."  

Utopia is but a dream...I know.

As I stated earlier, oddly, Trump and Bernie agree on a lot of things, including allowing big American corporations to establish their headquarters overseas to avoid paying American taxes.

They also agree on the need to bring back American manufacturing.

The times they are a'changin'.

Go Bernie, Go!

2seaoat

The Republican Party is changing.....I hope for the better, but as a national party their future hangs on the success of John Kasich.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I can tell you a way Trump could cinch this thing and beat Hillary or Bernie or Bloomberg or Biden or any other democrat.

All he would have to do is pledge to join Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and about 20 other billionaires who are giving away the bulk of their wealth to philanthropy.
That would be the best vote getting measure he could ever do.
Either he's too much in love with the money or too stupid to figure that out.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:The Republican Party is changing.....I hope for the better, but as a national party their future hangs on the success of John Kasich.

I could never support Kasich because I believe he is not a moderate, but an extremist. His anti-choice history leads me to believe he is just another religious nutcase. Add to that his Lehman Bros. background. Sorry...another sad case of arrested development. And then there's that thing he does with his jaw...

2seaoat

He ran a two man office in Ohio for Lehmans, and I certainly do not have to agree with a politicians every position if they can do most of what I think is important. I think balanced budgets are important. I think bipartisan cooperation is important. I think knowledgeable defense cuts are important.....I do not worry about the abortion debate unless people are appointed to the supreme court and change the current law.....that might become important to me if he is going to insist that his appointment as president must be a judge who will overturn Roe.......I just do not see him doing that.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:He ran a two man office in Ohio for Lehmans, and I certainly do not have to agree with a politicians every position if they can do most of what I think is important.  I think balanced budgets are important.  I think bipartisan cooperation is important.  I think knowledgeable defense cuts are important.....I do not worry about the abortion debate unless people are appointed to the supreme court and change the current law.....that might become important to me if he is going to insist that his appointment as president must be a judge who will overturn Roe.......I just do not see him doing that.

He has most definitely joined the attacks on Planned Parenthood and women's reproductive health. That's a deal breaker for me in and of itself, but there are other areas in which I can't support his policies.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/11/john-kasich-ohio-moderate-voting-record-republican-president-campaign?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+USA+-+Version+CB+header&utm_term=156214&subid=13840101&CMP=ema_565

Here is a comment from the above (Pete Myer):

"Kasich is a mean-spirited, vindictive bully who warned anyone in opposition to his plans 'had better get on the bus, or get run over by it'. He purged his own party to have absolute power, and manipulated legislative committee assignments to get what he wanted by actually moving a small core of hardcore supporters from committee to committe within hours, booting off those in opposition. As to the charter school scandal(s), the man behind the lies and cooked books is the husband of his former chief of staff, now campaign chair.
He has a horrible record regarding access to public records, and has yet to reveal the millions in bonuses that Shearson paid him as Ohio lost hundreds of millions in their public retirement funds through Shearson, possible only after the GOP gutted the protections since the 30's; now, after causing these losses, the GOP wants the unions to bite the financial bullet.
A "moderate"? After being issued a ticket by a state trooper for passing an emergency vehicle, he publicly called the trooper an "idiot"! Later, the trooper's dash cam showed that Kasich was indeed in the wrong. A Republican friend who met him through his builder's association described him as "the most egocentric man that I have ever met", sooner or later some reporter will ask him a question that he doesn't like, and the country will see his Vesuvian temper and arrogance."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum