Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Border agent: 'We might as well abolish our immigration laws altogether'

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Lame Duck President Obama opens the borders. Just come on in folks, the more the merrier. We'll swamp this nation and put the Cloward-Piven Strategy in full swing!

Border agent: 'We might as well abolish our immigration laws altogether'

By PAUL BEDARD (@SECRETSBEDARD) • 2/4/16 10:04 AM

In a shocking reversal of policy, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents are being told to release illegal immigrants and no longer order them to appear at deportation hearings, essentially a license to stay in the United States, a key agent testified Thursday.

What's more, the stand down order includes a requirement that the whereabouts of illegals released are not to be tracked.

"We might as well abolish our immigration laws altogether," suggested agent Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/agent-border-patrol-ordered-to-release-illegals-ignore-immigration-laws/article/2582401

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

They're probably issuing them Form I-210's.   This is not necessarily new .... it's been done in the past.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/jamaica/231771/PDFs/ice_form_i_210.pdf

Now not saying I agree with whatever policy they are being required to implement here (I am very pro-immigration-enforcement, btw) .... but:

I don't know who this Agent Brandon Judd is, some Border Patrol Union official I guess .... but often Border Patrol Agents only have a limited picture of the entire immigration enforcement/detention/deportation mechanisms & infrastructure since they are generally only directly involved in the apprehension & initial charging of immigration violators ... and not what happens to them after they've been arrested.

Border Patrol Agents are generally experts only in the tactical considerations of the border sector they work (or have worked) ... not the entire breadth of immigration enforcement nationwide.  And whatever national policy ideas an individual rank-and-file Agent might have often stems from that limited scope of enforcement knowledge.   It's kind of like a Peoria street cop's opinion on how to solve crime in every major city and every county and rural area of the nation.

Apart from "the wall" thing ... I think Trump has some pretty good ideas about immigration enforcement. (that's not an endorsement of Trump) But the decision as to what type of fencing/walls/barriers/technologies/personnel/equipment/etc might be required in any particular area of the border in order to secure it should be decided by the Chief Patrol Agents of each particular sector .... not by politicians in Washington DC.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum