Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here is why Bernie will become President:

+7
Markle
boards of FL
Sal
dumpcare
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
Wordslinger
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Read this this a.m. and thought it made very good sense:

"Sure, many progressive old-timers are drawn to his maverick run, as are a cadre of experienced organizers, but the driving force of "Bernie for President" is coming from two encouraging sources: (1) An emerging rainbow of young people dismayed and disgusted by the greed and pettiness of today's "leaders" who are restructuring America into a plutocracy that callously sweeps the crying needs of the declining middle class, the poor, the planet, and the common good under the rug of laissez-faire Kochism; and (2) a potentially game-changing group of working class mad-as-hellers who had disengaged from a governing system that has deliberately ignored working stiffs or, worse, cynically used them as political pawns to be demonized and dis-empowered."

It also occurs to me that Sanders and Trump both represent Washington outsiders, and it's clear that the middle class -- both republican and democrat -- is thoroughly disgusted with Washington DC and all it's dysfunctional elected officials."

It's about time!!! Down with Amerika Inc.!!

Quote from: http://www.commondreams.org/views/2016/01/21/something-happening

Last edited by Wordslinger on 1/23/2016, 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Question.

If we still have a republican controlled House of Representatives,  when it comes to domestic policy,  how will President Sanders be able to do anything except Executive Orders?

And the same is true with a President Trump.  If we still have a democrat controlled Senate,  when it comes to domestic policy,  how will Trump be able to do anything except Executive Orders?

In fact it applies to whichever of the rest of these monkey mucks wins the White House as well.
Unless one political party is control of both houses of Congress and the White House,  the political divide in this country will prevent any President from accomplishing much of anything. 
Because I hope you realize,  that without that short window of one party control,  there would be no Affordable Care Act.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:Question.

If we still have a republican controlled House of Representatives,  when it comes to domestic policy,  how will President Sanders be able to do anything except Executive Orders?

And the same is true with a President Trump.  If we still have a democrat controlled Senate,  when it comes to domestic policy,  how will Trump be able to do anything except Executive Orders?

In fact it applies to whichever of the rest of these monkey mucks wins the White House as well.
Unless one political party is control of both houses of Congress and the White House,  the political divide in this country will prevent any President from accomplishing much of anything. 
Because I hope you realize,  that without that short window of one party control,  there would be no Affordable Care Act.

Bob: You bring up some very valid points that really can't be predicted at this time. Bernie's coat tails are pretty long, and people are tired as hell of the performance of establishment republicans. We'll see.

It's likely the democrats will win the senate, and the fate of the house is unknown.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote: people are tired as hell of the performance of establishment republicans.  

Absolutely true. 
Just as people are tired as hell of the performance of establishment democrats.  Why do you think Hillary is fading?  lol

But the problem is "the people" are now more divided than at any time since the Civil War,  wordslinger.  And that leads to a bitterly divided government.
And in that atmosphere, nothing is going to change.
Sanders and Trump both are nothing more than symbols of that divide. 
The two symbols screaming at each other just represent the two sides of the country screaming at each other.
Until there is some change in that,  symbols are what symbols always are.  Just symbols.

2seaoat

Any Democrat who wins the nomination and is not raping Nuns or eating poop will win.........so I guess a Democrat will win. Now the only question is will Bernie bring people to the polls.....because if he brings enough.....most members in the house will be vulnerable if they have an opponent running against them.....but that is a problem....many do not.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Any Democrat who wins the nomination...will win........

That is the most ignorant statement you've ever made (and that's saying something).
You don't have any clue what will happen between now and the election that could turn this whole thing on it's head.
It could result in a democrat winning by a landslide,  a republican winning by a landslide,  or either winning by a small majority.

Like most everybody else around here and around the country,  you are so blinded by bias and partisanship and celebrity worship that you are totally incapable of ever looking at anything impartially.

2seaoat

I am rarely wrong. You think it will be a race. It will not be a race. Please line up with Pace and Markle telling us how President Obama was going to be beat like a rug.....but then again.....we are talking about Florida men.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I am rarely wrong.  You think it will be a race.

Well actually that's two statements.

1.  You're rarely wrong

2.  And I think "it will be a race".

Let's take number two first.  I said I don't know what the outcome will be.  I said that because,  one,  I'm not psychic like you are,  and two,  because it's too early for ANYONE to know what will happen (except you and Jeanne Dixon and The Amazing Kreskin).  lol

So now to number one.  You claim to be "rarely wrong".  But you already got this wrong. 
Trust me, bud,  you better stick to playing poker in that wonderful yankee paradise you call Rosebud.  You'll never make it as a Vegas oddsmaker.  lol

2seaoat

The great thing about this forum is that we can revisit what we write in November. The same thing drives Dreams nuts.......she has to constantly have me remind her how right I usually am. Hell, Boards has quit posting on the basketball threads because I have proven to be a soothsayer in regard to Mr. James......and so it goes.

Wordslinger wrote:(2) a potentially game-changing group of working class mad-as-hellers who had disengaged from a governing system that has deliberately ignored working stiffs or, worse, cynically used them as political pawns to be demonized and dis-empowered."

I wonder if this working class realizes that they are the ones making the money that will be taxed to bring the things that the (1) people category are asking and expecting.

If Bernie can lay out a tax plan that accomplishes his goals without laying the burden on the middle class, I'd love to read it. His tax and taking care of all the social ills is wonderful if he will show how it will be spread fairly.

People will say, "Oh the corporations will have to pay," but I'm saying it will come off the paychecks of the middle and upper middle class.

Come one Bernie...share in detail your tax plan and how you will budget and work with Congress on this plan.

2seaoat

His tax and taking care of all the social ills is wonderful if he will show how it will be spread fairly.

You need to pay attention. He has been crystal clear on how he will fund these programs. For five years I have heard him every Friday on the Thom Hartman radio show on Lunch with Bernie tell you the funding sources.....I can help you, but maybe you should try to google it......it has been out there for over a half decade....the man has been saying the same thing for years.

2seaoat

This idea that the middle class should not have any tax increases is boneheaded stupid. I pay over 12k in medical premiums right now. Under Sander's Medicare for all, indeed my medicare tax contribution will increase, but not to the extent of my premiums as we transition to Medicare for all. Wall Street transaction taxes, Defense budget cuts, and increase tax rates on high income individuals and corporations, while closing subsidy and loopholes will help close the fiscal gap, and a more efficient and less costly health system. Common sense stuff.

2seaoat wrote:His tax and taking care of all the social ills is wonderful if he will show how it will be spread fairly.

You need to pay attention.  He has been crystal clear on how he will fund these programs.   For five years I have heard him every Friday on the Thom Hartman radio show on Lunch with Bernie tell you the funding sources.....I can help you, but maybe you should try to google it......it has been out there for over a half decade....the man has been saying the same thing for years.

Smart ass.

Laughing

2seaoat

Smart ass.

I am in a playful mood this morning....warm in bed......and hating the idea of going out later in this cold and wind cutting down small pine trees........

2seaoat wrote:Smart ass.

I am in a playful mood this morning....warm in bed......and hating the idea of going out later in this cold and wind cutting down small pine trees........

Beautiful Florida sunshine this morning!

Oatie, I read.  However, the folks that are mentioned in the article that feel Bernie is the end all to be all should be asking and reading.  It's all a feel good thing to speak of how we will live in utopia but it's going to cost someone.  We can't just listen on the radio to someone and feel those tingles down our leg.

Put it on paper and explain what you will do Bernie.  Numbers, percentages, who will it affect and what will the budget circle look like.

Get real.  People need to ask for the paper in hand with explanations and stop believing the hype.

I would love for Bernie to be the one to get my vote. I think he has a true heart for making things better and I like that. But you have to get to the cost and who is going to pay and then how is that money going to be used.

Is that too much to ask?

2seaoat

Again, transaction tax on Wall Street, end 86 billion of big bank subsidy, break up the big banks, and increase the corporate income tax rate, return the tax rate on upper end folks closer to the 1982 levels when this country worked, and increase the tax on EVERYBODY on the medicare tax. He has been very clear. It will take a revolutionary voter turn out to achieve the fixing of America. Without the same, it will be gridlock. So it is entirely in the hands of folks who sit home and allow their country to be stolen, and then one day they get sick and see the sad reality of what America has become. No Bernie has given the detail, the more important question is will people get off their asz and vote.....that is a tall order and a bridge which may be too far.

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:Any Democrat who wins the nomination and is not raping Nuns or eating poop will win.........so I guess a Democrat will win.  Now the only question is will Bernie bring people to the polls.....because if he brings enough.....most members in the house will be vulnerable if they have an opponent running against them.....but that is a problem....many do not.

I believe there is a huge silent majority of young people 18-35, that if Bernie is elected will have been the ones to put him over the top.

ppaca wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Any Democrat who wins the nomination and is not raping Nuns or eating poop will win.........so I guess a Democrat will win.  Now the only question is will Bernie bring people to the polls.....because if he brings enough.....most members in the house will be vulnerable if they have an opponent running against them.....but that is a problem....many do not.

I believe there is a huge silent majority of young people 18-35, that if Bernie is elected will have been the ones to put him over the top.

Quite possible. This is the age group that does not have job security, will not have social security, company retirement, etc. So of course they are looking to the future and how that will look for them. What will that look like? We're on the cusp of change. Old people worry and vote Republican while the younger ones look to shop for what will be best in their future that does not look like their parents future did at 35.

I just hope they understand the good from both worlds and find a great solution. My hope is they will and America will continue to prosper for the right reasons.

Lord knows what is going on now and in the past 20 years is quite shaky and filled with rage from people who cannot change.

dumpcare

SheWrites wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Smart ass.

Beautiful Florida sunshine this morning!

Oatie, I read.  However, the folks that are mentioned in the article that feel Bernie is the end all to be all should be asking and reading.  It's all a feel good thing to speak of how we will live in utopia but it's going to cost someone.  We can't just listen on the radio to someone and feel those tingles down our leg.

Put it on paper and explain what you will do Bernie.  Numbers, percentages, who will it affect and what will the budget circle look like.

Get real.  People need to ask for the paper in hand with explanations and stop believing the hype.

I would love for Bernie to be the one to get my vote.  I think he has a true heart for making things better and I like that.  But you have to get to the cost and who is going to pay and then how is that money going to be used.

Is that too much to ask?

His tax plan was posted online yesterday. Also it will not be medicare for all, it will be a strict single payer. If it was medicare then everyone would pay some kind of small premium, his is not. But does shoot the payroll taxes up.

But then again he has to get this all pass congress.

dumpcare

SheWrites wrote:
ppaca wrote:

Quite possible.  This is the age group that does not have job security, will not have social security, company retirement, etc.  So of course they are looking to the future and how that will look for them.  What will that look like?  We're on the cusp of change.  Old people worry and vote Republican while the younger ones look to shop for what will be best in their future that does not look like their parents future did at 35.

I just hope they understand the good from both worlds and find a great solution.  My hope is they will and America will continue to prosper for the right reasons.

Lord knows what is going on now and in the past 20 years is quite shaky and filled with rage from people who cannot change.

Well some old people vote republican, this one will not this next time. If Hillary is the nominee I will vote for Johnson. If Bernie is the nominee I may (not positive yet) vote for him. I would have probably voted for Rand Paul if he could possibly have been the nominee, it's over for him.

I have done enormous amount's of research over the past few years on cannabis and the medicinal effects it has and this old person is convinced it needs to be completely legal. I will not vote for a candidate that is in the big drug companies pockets and rejects these ideas.

2seaoat wrote:Again, transaction tax on Wall Street, end 86 billion of big bank subsidy, break up the big banks, and increase the corporate income tax rate, return the tax rate on upper end folks closer to the 1982 levels when this country worked, and increase the tax on EVERYBODY on the medicare tax. He has been very clear. It will take a revolutionary voter turn out to achieve the fixing of America. Without the same, it will be gridlock. So it is entirely in the hands of folks who sit home and allow their country to be stolen, and then one day they get sick and see the sad reality of what America has become. No Bernie has given the detail, the more important question is will people get off their asz and vote.....that is a tall order and a bridge which may be too far.

Why bother with tax in your utopian vision? Let the govt print their expenses... make the min wage $100 per hour.

Let's fix shit comrade.

2seaoat

Let's fix shit comrade.

Sounds like a plan.....how is that fixed neck doing.....sometimes broken needs fixing, and if you thought not fixing things is the answer, you sure do not follow those guidelines in your personal life......hey, kid that backhand has some problems....oh well....just give up.....if your are going to talk the talk....you have to walk the walk. America does need fixing. Bernie probably more than any other candidate in the last 20 years has identified the problem, but fixing it.....well how many of your students have played in the US open......sometimes the enemy of good is perfect, and sometimes just seeing a kid hit the ball correctly is a huge fix well worth the time and money invested.

Sal

Sal

The problem for Bernie is the Democratic base overwhelmingly approves of the job President Obama has done as President, thinks the country is moving in the right direction, and wants to see his legacy preserved.

This may be a guard the change rather than a transformational change election.

I think the Hillary campaign understands this sentiment.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Hell, Boards has quit posting on the basketball threads because I have proven to be a soothsayer in regard to Mr. James......and so it goes.

Careful not to mischaracterize my absence in those threads with the idea that you're making good arguments.  I don't have any interest in explaining things to laymen unless they are important things...like politics.  That is why I'll engage with people like Markle and PkrBum on the subject of politics, but I won't engage with you or Joani on the subject of basketball.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I am rarely wrong.  You think it will be a race.  It will not be a race.  Please line up with Pace and Markle telling us how President Obama was going to be beat like a rug.....but then again.....we are talking about Florida men.

Great to see you still have a sense of humor!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum