Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

IG Finds Hillary Emails Above Top Secret

+4
2seaoat
Markle
Sal
knothead
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

This isn't for the leftists... we already know that literally NOTHING matters when it comes to their dear leaders.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hillary-clinton-emails-contained-info-above-top-secret-ig-n499886

Emails from Hillary Clinton's home server contained information classified at levels higher than previously known, including a level meant to protect some of the most sensitive U.S. intelligence, according to a document obtained by NBC News.

In a letter to lawmakers, the intelligence community's internal watchdog says some of Clinton's emails contained information classified Top Secret/Special Access Program, a secrecy designation that includes some of the most closely held U.S. intelligence matters.

Two American intelligence officials tell NBC News these are not the same two emails from Clinton's server that have long been reported as containing information deemed Top Secret.

The letter doesn't make clear whether Clinton sent or received the emails in question, but in the past, emails containing classified information have tended to have been sent to Clinton, not written by her.

The new revelation underscores the extent to which the email classification issue could continue to dog Clinton, as State Department and intelligence officials review sensitive information within messages that were blacked out before being released to the public.

Clinton, who tops national primary polling as a Democratic presidential candidate, has repeatedly said that none of the information she sent or received while secretary of state was marked classified, and nothing has emerged to contradict that. But it's become clear that classified information bled into the emails, which were sent over unencrypted channels open to interception by foreign intelligence agencies.

Charles McCulllough, the intelligence community's inspector general, said in a letter to the chairmen of the Senate intelligence and foreign affairs committees that he has received sworn declarations from an intelligence agency he declined to name.

The declarations cover "several dozen emails containing classified information determined by the IC element to be at the CONFIDENTIAL, SECRET and TOP SECRET/SAP information."

An intelligence official familiar with the matter told NBC News that the special access program in question was so sensitive that McCullough and some of his aides had to receive clearance to be read in on it before viewing the sworn declaration about the Clinton emails.

Clinton's campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

While she was secretary of state from 2009 to 2013, Clinton conducted government business over private email. The arrangement was particularly unusual because the email system relied not on Yahoo or Google but her own server, which she kept in her home in Westchester County, N.Y.

The State Department is under court order to release Clinton's government-related emails under the Freedom of Information Act. Clinton has turned over about 55,000 emails, and almost all have been released, though they have been heavily censored. The last batch is due to be made public Jan. 29.

While Republicans have criticized Clinton over the issue, her defenders have pointed out that the State Department has long faced the problem of how to communicate about sensitive matters. Unlike the CIA, State does most of its business over an unclassified email system, and many officials do not have easy access to a classified messaging system.

State Department spokesman John Kirby said that the State Department is "focused on and committed to releasing former Secretary Clinton's emails in a manner that protects sensitive information. No one takes this more seriously than we do. We have said repeatedly that we anticipate more upgrades throughout our release process. Our FOIA review process is still ongoing. Once that process is complete, if it is determined that information should be classified as Top Secret we will do so."

As to her "knowingly" defense... yet another instance where she bristled at a dos employee using private email.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/08/hillary-clinton-knew-using-private-e-mail-could-be-a-problem/

Hillary Clinton knew all along that using a private e-mail server as a government official could be a problem.

Clinton has been has claiming for months that she did nothing wrong by setting up a private email server in her Westchester home while serving as Secretary of State.

But a new batch of her emails released Friday at 1:39 a.m. shows that Clinton raised questions five years ago when a State Department employee’s note about developments in Libya was relayed to her from his private email account.

In the February 2011 message, an employee named John Godfrey wrote a detailed summary about Libyan dictator Mohammar Khadafy that was forwarded to Clinton.

Clinton aide Jake Sullivan relayed it to Clinton saying, “Worth a read. This guy is very thoughtful.”

When Clinton noticed Godfrey was using a personal email account, she responded by asking for whom Godfrey works.

“Us,” Sullivan wrote back.

“Is he in NEA [Near Eastern Affairs] currently? Or was he in Embassy? I was surprised that he used personal email account if he is at State,” Clinton said on Feb. 27, 2011.

Both Clinton and the State Department have repeatedly insisted that she didn’t violate policies by using a private email server.

“I opted for convenience to use my personal email account, which was allowed by the State Department, because I thought it would be easier to carry just one device for my work and for my personal emails instead of two,” Clinton said in March 2015.

This is just getting comical at this point. She brought all of this upon herself... but has the hubris to blame others. She's the poster child for narcissism... do as I say... not as I do... the rules don't apply to me. Her true character is noxious.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/hillary-clinton-gop-email-leaks-218008

knothead

knothead

These were TRIPLE secret huh?

Sal

Sal

IG Finds Hillary Emails Above Top Secret Falling-asleep

"The classified material included in the latest batch of Hillary Clinton emails flagged by an internal watchdog involved discussions of CIA drone strikes, which are among the worst kept secrets in Washington, senior U.S. officials briefed on the matter tell NBC News."

"The description of the emails as relatively innocuous came from officials, including a senior U.S. intelligence official, who believe Inspector General McCullough has been unfair to Clinton in his handling of the issue. They say McCullough and Congressional Republicans have elevated a mundane dispute about classification into a scandal.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/officials-new-top-secret-clinton-emails-innocuous-n500586

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:These were TRIPLE secret huh?

The latest barrage of emails included several which were above Top Secret. You can pathetically try to make this out as being "funny" but even the Inspector General had to get special clearance to read them. They are of a level termed "eyes only".

This Inspector General was appointed by semi-retired President Obama. So all of Hillary Clinton's current whining and complaining that this is a "RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY" is quite ludicrous.

The FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton is being expanded. If you think that's funny, either you are hopelessly lost or living in the fantasy world of President Obama.

Sal

Sal

IG Finds Hillary Emails Above Top Secret 61347894

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:IG Finds Hillary Emails Above Top Secret 61347894

So once again, you have nothing and are eager to boast about your lack of...ability to discuss the topic intelligently.

2seaoat

I will discuss it......she received emails from CIA which clearly they knew were going to an unsecured server, which she had a right to have........and now some are questioning that this once again may be more of the usual politics......I have to laugh because once again PK is trying to bootstrap this to criminal behavior......clueless. This is just more hot air. If the CIA has something that they believe is top secret, they have a DUTY to make sure that information is conveyed on a secure server.....her email address clearly told anybody it was not secure. So more hot air.....not even a spark of wrong doing on the SOS. Sorry, this has become comical.

gatorfan

What's comical is reading posts from people who don't understand the implications of unsecured classified material. I held a TS/SCI clearance in the military and can guarantee if I had been as lax with classified material as HRC I would still be in Leavenworth......whatever the intent.....or awareness....

What it really comes down to is she doesn't care since she feels above the law and will lie and throw ANYONE under the bus to protect her ambitions.

2seaoat

What's comical is reading posts from people who don't understand the implications of unsecured classified

If you are implying I do not know what I am talking about, you are wrong. I completely understand the statutes and the standard for wrong doing. If somebody is suggesting that she is wrong for having a personal server.....well that has already been determined. It was allowed. You however, do not understand the standards because you suggest that you would be in jail for having a private server and having classified material sent to you by email.....sorry....you may have had clearance, but you sure as hell do not understand the threshold for wrong doing. Now if Congress wants to put the burden on any member of government who has an agency send classified material to their personal email, pass that law, but even you understand why that will not work. To suggest she had the criminal intent to cross the threshold of wrong doing is what is so comical about this whole thing. You can beat this dead horse every six months until Bernie beats her, and then have to move on to another talking point from crazyville.

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:What's comical is reading posts from people who don't understand the implications of unsecured classified

If you are implying I do not know what I am talking about, you are wrong.  I completely understand the statutes and the standard for wrong doing.  If somebody is suggesting that she is wrong for having a personal server.....well that has already been determined.   It was allowed.   You however, do not understand the standards because you suggest that you would be in jail for having a private server and having classified material sent to you by email.....sorry....you may have had clearance, but you sure as hell do not understand the threshold for wrong doing.  Now if Congress wants to put the burden on any member of government who has an agency send classified material to their personal email, pass that law, but even you understand why that will not work.  To suggest she had the criminal intent to cross the threshold of wrong doing is what is so comical about this whole thing.  You can beat this dead horse every six months until Bernie beats her, and then have to move on to another talking point from crazyville.

Now that's funny, obviously you DON"T understand personal responsibility when it comes to protecting classified information. You also don't understand what I posted in it's entirety.

2seaoat wrote:What's comical is reading posts from people who don't understand the implications of unsecured classified

If you are implying I do not know what I am talking about, you are wrong. I completely understand the statutes and the standard for wrong doing. If somebody is suggesting that she is wrong for having a personal server.....well that has already been determined. It was allowed. You however, do not understand the standards because you suggest that you would be in jail for having a private server and having classified material sent to you by email.....sorry....you may have had clearance, but you sure as hell do not understand the threshold for wrong doing. Now if Congress wants to put the burden on any member of government who has an agency send classified material to their personal email, pass that law, but even you understand why that will not work. To suggest she had the criminal intent to cross the threshold of wrong doing is what is so comical about this whole thing. You can beat this dead horse every six months until Bernie beats her, and then have to move on to another talking point from crazyville.

Who allowed it specifically? She certainly didn't go to the state legal dept... and it's proven the tech dept didn't know... then we had the state dept unaware when the foia requests became suits. She also twice called out subordinates... she knew the rules.

2seaoat

There is NO rule or regulation which was broken with her having a personal server, and this idea because somebody had clearance changes the statues for wrong doing is hilarious......I am getting my giggles this morning......same old chit with a new cherry on top of the whipped cream....still underlying the entire email nonsense is the lack of her crossing the threshold of criminal intent.....and that folks does not take a security clearance, it simply takes the ability to read the statues and understand the same.....and that is why this propaganda keeps getting recycled......it implies she did something wrong, but all the whipped cream and cherries.....and folks claiming they had security clearance and understand the statues because CIA is not like the earlier attempts of putting whipped cream on Classified material....it has now been elevated to super duper classified material.....none of which changes the threshold because straight up classified material will trigger a prima facia case if Clinton did something wrong.....she did not....but keep coming back to beat this dead horse......maybe super duper double dutch secrets about the prime minister of england having sex with Lady GaGa will change the criminal threshold.....such stellar logic.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

In the theater of the absurd, the Clinton email "scandal" is something. In the land of sanity, it doesn't come close to this:

110. White House email on RNC servers (in contravention of White House Records Act)
The lost White House emails: not an accident but a policy.
The official White House email system:
February 26, 2001 White House counsel Alberto Gonzales informs White House staff they must preserve their email in conformance with the Presidential Records Act.
June 4, 2001 Bush announces plan to name a special assistant to the President to act as Chief Information Officer for the White House and "improve" electronic records keeping.
Late 2001 or early 2002 the White House deactivates the Automated Records Management System (ARMS) for archiving emails. Instead the White House begins transferring emails from its EOP server to a file server. The system is not secure or complete and emails can be deleted from it. On top of this, back up tapes which might capture and preserve some of these deletions are regularly wiped and recycled. Chief Information Officer Theresa Payton says this was in keeping with "industry best practices". The problem is that these "practices" violate federal law, i.e. the Presidential Records Act and the duties and responsibilities of her position.
March 2003-October 2003 marks the period in which backup tapes were not retained. It encompasses the start of the Iraq war, the Valerie Plame coverup, and discussions concerning the destruction of the torture tapes.
October 2003-October 2005 emails continue to be lost. Despite daily audits, no one notices for 2 years.
In October 2005, someone does finally *gasp* notice. The Office of Administration does a study which finds hundreds of days (473) between March 2003 and October 2005 where various components of the White House system contained few if any emails. The OA estimates 5 million emails were lost during this time.
The unofficial system:
Beginning in 2001, Karl Rove and about 35 other White House officials used Republican National Committee (RNC) GWB43.com and other email accounts for government business circumventing and violating the Presidential Records Act. Per a letter of Henry Waxman to Alberto Gonzales, it has been reported that Karl Rove used RNC accounts for 95% of his communications.
2001-August 2004, the RNC purged its email accounts every 30 days. After this time, it suspended purges on White House accounts. However, it continued to allow White House officials to delete their emails.
Beginning in 2005, the RNC singled out Karl Rove. His emails were automatically archived and he was no longer allowed to delete them. That he had been doing this is obvious since although he used his RNC email account heavily, he has no emails from the time the RNC suspended its email purges in August 2004 to the beginning of 2005 when it began archiving his emails.
Up to the time of Waxman’s letter in April 2007, White House officials other than Karl Rove retained the use of their RNC accounts and the ability to delete email from them.
To recap, the White House had two email systems, not one. It lost or destroyed many emails from both in deliberate and knowing violation of the Presidential Records Act. As a result, the Congress and the people’s right to know what their government is doing and to hold it to account has been irretrievably damaged.

http://www.netrootsmass.net/hughs-bush-scandals-list/

If you have several hours and a strong stomach, read through some of the 400 Bush scandals at this site. If Hillary Clinton used an unsecure server to conduct State Dept. business...and if that had resulted in a security breach (which it did not)...that would pale in comparison to the blatant violations of the George W Bush administration...not even close...not even in the same ballpark...an obvious political witch hunt.

2seaoat

I am not saying it is a witch hunt. I am simply saying that recycling the same propaganda, but now saying is was a higher level of classified material is bone chilling stupid. That does not change the proofs.

Now if the FBI in their investigation finds an individual in State or on Hillary's staff who were obstructing their investigation, that is not a witch hunt. My comments only go to the STUPID she had a private server, therefore she was criminally wrong.....oh but this time it was super duper classified stuff, and I had a security clearance......bone chilling stupid. The statues do not change, nor does the threshold for wrongful conduct. This idea that somehow recycling this non controversy every six months will change those basic facts is what is so hilarious. What President Bush did is not relevant, but just more of the propaganda. If he did something wrong he should have been prosecuted. He was not prosecuted, so to the extent it gives context of non wrong doing in the overall need for better email statutes.....yea it is time.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I am not saying it is a witch hunt.  I am simply saying that recycling the same propaganda, but now saying is was a higher level of classified material is bone chilling stupid.  That does not change the proofs.

Now if the FBI in their investigation finds an individual in State or on Hillary's staff who were obstructing their investigation, that is not a witch hunt.  My comments only go to the STUPID she had a private server, therefore she was criminally wrong.....oh but this time it was super duper classified stuff, and I had a security clearance......bone chilling stupid.   The statues do not change, nor does the threshold for wrongful conduct.   This idea that somehow recycling this non controversy every six months will change those basic facts is what is so hilarious.  What President Bush did is not relevant, but just more of the propaganda.  If he did something wrong he should have been prosecuted.  He was not prosecuted, so to the extent it gives context of non wrong doing in the overall need for better email statutes.....yea it is time.

What Bush did is most certainly relevant. The Bush administration erased 22,000 emails in the midst of investigations into scandals so numerous they almost defy belief. Where are Powell's emails?...erased. Where are Rice's emails? She claims she didn't really use email much, but how do we know that? The Bush administration used an RNC server to conduct government business, in direct violation of existing law, and not only erased emails but also destroyed video tapes of torture. That is DOCUMENTED, but there was no real investigation of any of it, partly because President Obama inherited a complete and total DISASTER.

The Benghazi investigation was a witch hunt...no doubt about it. The email investigation evolved directly from it...and considering Bill Clinton's experience while in office, I don't doubt that the private server was intended to protect her, not from foreign enemies, but from domestic ones.

VectorMan

VectorMan

WHAT DIFFERENCE, AT THIS POINT, DOES IT MAKE? - 1-23-13 HRC

Bottom line is - that crazy bitch is toast!

And so it goes.........LOL

Markle

Markle

If you are implying I do not know what I am talking about, you are wrong.  I completely understand the statutes and the standard for wrong doing.  If somebody is suggesting that she is wrong for having a personal server.....well that has already been determined.   It was allowed.   You however, do not understand the standards because you suggest that you would be in jail for having a private server and having classified material sent to you by email.....sorry....you may have had clearance, but you sure as hell do not understand the threshold for wrong doing.  Now if Congress wants to put the burden on any member of government who has an agency send classified material to their personal email, pass that law, but even you understand why that will not work.  To suggest she had the criminal intent to cross the threshold of wrong doing is what is so comical about this whole thing.  You can beat this dead horse every six months until Bernie beats her, and then have to move on to another talking point from crazyville.

That's true, you do not know what you ar talking about OR are desperate to cover the massive scandals bringing down Hillary Clinton.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I am not saying it is a witch hunt.  I am simply saying that recycling the same propaganda, but now saying is was a higher level of classified material is bone chilling stupid.  That does not change the proofs.

[...]

No recycling here, all this is fresh information. As you know, under a judges order the emails from Hillary Clinton's illegal server are being released gradually with monthly disclosures.

Imagine, these are the emails remaining after Hillary and her "erasers" deleted 36,000 emails Hillary did not want anyone to see.

knothead

knothead

Floridatexan wrote:In the theater of the absurd, the Clinton email "scandal" is something.  In the land of sanity, it doesn't come close to this:

110. White House email on RNC servers (in contravention of White House Records Act)
February 26, 2001 White House counsel Alberto Gonzales informs White House staff they must preserve their email in conformance with the Presidential Records Act.
June 4, 2001 Bush announces plan to name a special assistant to the President to act as Chief Information Officer for the White House and "improve" electronic records keeping.
Late 2001 or early 2002 the White House deactivates the Automated Records Management System (ARMS) for archiving emails. Instead the White House begins transferring emails from its EOP server to a file server. The system is not secure or complete and emails can be deleted from it. On top of this, back up tapes which might capture and preserve some of these deletions are regularly wiped and recycled. Chief Information Officer Theresa Payton says this was in keeping with "industry best practices". The problem is that these "practices" violate federal law, i.e. the Presidential Records Act and the duties and responsibilities of her position.
March 2003-October 2003 marks the period in which backup tapes were not retained. It encompasses the start of the Iraq war, the Valerie Plame coverup, and discussions concerning the destruction of the torture tapes.
October 2003-October 2005 emails continue to be lost. Despite daily audits, no one notices for 2 years.
In October 2005, someone does finally *gasp* notice. The Office of Administration does a study which finds hundreds of days (473) between March 2003 and October 2005 where various components of the White House system contained few if any emails. The OA estimates 5 million emails were lost during this time.
The unofficial system:
Beginning in 2001, Karl Rove and about 35 other White House officials used Republican National Committee (RNC) GWB43.com and other email accounts for government business circumventing and violating the Presidential Records Act. Per a letter of Henry Waxman to Alberto Gonzales, it has been reported that Karl Rove used RNC accounts for 95% of his communications.
2001-August 2004, the RNC purged its email accounts every 30 days. After this time, it suspended purges on White House accounts. However, it continued to allow White House officials to delete their emails.
Beginning in 2005, the RNC singled out Karl Rove. His emails were automatically archived and he was no longer allowed to delete them. That he had been doing this is obvious since although he used his RNC email account heavily, he has no emails from the time the RNC suspended its email purges in August 2004 to the beginning of 2005 when it began archiving his emails.
Up to the time of Waxman’s letter in April 2007, White House officials other than Karl Rove retained the use of their RNC accounts and the ability to delete email from them.
To recap, the White House had two email systems, not one. It lost or destroyed many emails from both in deliberate and knowing violation of the Presidential Records Act. As a result, the Congress and the people’s right to know what their government is doing and to hold it to account has been irretrievably damaged.

If you have several hours and a strong stomach, read through some of the 400 Bush scandals at this site.  If Hillary Clinton used an unsecure server to conduct State Dept. business...and if that had resulted in a security breach (which it did not)...that would pale in comparison to the blatant violations of the George W Bush administration...not even close...not even in the same ballpark...an obvious political witch hunt.

Excellent post!

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:In the theater of the absurd, the Clinton email "scandal" is something.  In the land of sanity, it doesn't come close to this:

The unofficial system:

If you have several hours and a strong stomach, read through some of the 400 Bush scandals at this site.  If Hillary Clinton used an unsecure server to conduct State Dept. business...and if that had resulted in a security breach (which it did not)...that would pale in comparison to the blatant violations of the George W Bush administration...not even close...not even in the same ballpark...an obvious political witch hunt.

Excellent post!

IF it had anything to do with the thread AND it was 2001 instead of 2016.

Otherwise...nothing.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Oh, yes, it's something. It's worse than anything Hillary Clinton might have done with regard to emails. Bush openly defied existing laws. There's nothing wrong with this comparison, either; it's certainly more valid than dredging up Bill Clinton's presidency.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
Oh, yes, it's something.  It's worse than anything Hillary Clinton might have done with regard to emails.  Bush openly defied existing laws.  There's nothing wrong with this comparison, either; it's certainly more valid than dredging up Bill Clinton's presidency.  

You're forgetting that semi-demented poster Markle's sole mission here is to Propagandize (which he does shamelessly, in very amateurish fashion). He just started his own 'Clinton Emails' thread and now is complaining that nobody has posted on it. Like, I think we have worn this topic out already....... Rolling Eyes

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Oh, yes, it's something.  It's worse than anything Hillary Clinton might have done with regard to emails.  Bush openly defied existing laws.  There's nothing wrong with this comparison, either; it's certainly more valid than dredging up Bill Clinton's presidency.  

You're forgetting that semi-demented poster Markle's sole mission here is to Propagandize (which he does shamelessly, in very amateurish fashion). He just started his own 'Clinton Emails' thread and now is complaining that nobody has posted on it. Like, I think we have worn this topic out already.......Rolling Eyes

Not complaining about anything, just pointing out how afraid Progressives are of these emails and the coming indictment.

IG Finds Hillary Emails Above Top Secret Socratestoo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum