Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do this?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why do this? Empty Why do this? 1/15/2016, 10:51 am

gatorfan

Obama pledges $4 Billion to research autonomous automobile technology but only $220 Million for electric grid upgrades.

Stupid

2Why do this? Empty Re: Why do this? 1/15/2016, 11:06 am

knothead

knothead

gatorfan wrote:Obama pledges $4 Billion to research autonomous automobile technology but only $220 Million for electric grid upgrades.

Stupid

gator, if that is true but I have not researched it, but if true I agree with you, stupid sounds accurate to me.

3Why do this? Empty Re: Why do this? 1/15/2016, 11:12 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

He probably did that because autonomous vehicles are a thing of the future and a massive electrical grid is inevitably doomed to be a thing of the past.

In other news, why are we investing so much money in things like space travel and particle colliders,  but we're investing next to nothing in ways to improve horse and buggy infrastructure?

I mean, seriously. What gives?

4Why do this? Empty Re: Why do this? 1/15/2016, 11:21 am

Sal

Sal

I'm not sure from where you're drawing these numbers, but the DOE's Quadrennial Energy Review calls for $4 billion in upgrades to the grid.

5Why do this? Empty Re: Why do this? 1/16/2016, 1:20 pm

gatorfan

Salinsky wrote:I'm not sure from where you're drawing these numbers, but the DOE's Quadrennial Energy Review calls for $4 billion in upgrades to the grid.

http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/265932-obama-pledges-nearly-4-billion-for-self-driving-cars

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/265940-obama-administration-pushes-220-million-grid-upgrade-program

6Why do this? Empty Re: Why do this? 1/16/2016, 10:31 pm

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:He probably did that because autonomous vehicles are a thing of the future and a massive electrical grid is inevitably doomed to be a thing of the past.

In other news, why are we investing so much money in things like space travel and particle colliders,  but we're investing next to nothing in ways to improve horse and buggy infrastructure?

I mean, seriously.  What gives?

You're not really boasting that you're this uninformed are you?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum