Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did You Catch Trump's Vermont Rally?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Wow ...

... they gave out 20,000 tickets to venue that only holds 1,400, so that they would have the optics of a huge crowd waiting to get in ...

... they prescreened the people who were granted entry asking each if they were a Trump supporter and turning non-supporters away ...

... before the rally began they instructed the crowd on how to handle any protestors ...

... and when protestors did interrupt he instructed security to rough them up, take their coats, and throw them out into the cold.

Far out.

2seaoat

He is a demagogue who is perfecting the craft. I have noticed that he is getting very comfortable in his random transitions which earlier in the campaign seemed painfully repetitive because of how much the media exposes everything he says. His handlers are getting much more sophisticated and layered in the issues and interaction with the crowd. He is increasing his profanity, but his randomness is far from the early random stupid statements, but much more sophisticated and connected. He will never be President, but he is taking crazy down the toilet, and when you wrestle with a pig you get dirty, and the Republican Party sold its soul to the dixiecrats, and trump has solid support in SEC country, and the traditional candidates and power structure are all now trying to get onboard the trump express. I still think the assumption Cruz will win Iowa is not certain, and that even if he does......Cruz to my Alabama relatives is just one more hispanic who they could care less what he says.....they do not like the way he looks.......it may play in TX, but he has no idea what is going to happen in SEC country.....he is done.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:He is a demagogue who is perfecting the craft.  I have noticed that he is getting very comfortable in his random transitions which earlier in the campaign seemed painfully repetitive because of how much the media exposes everything he says.  His handlers are getting much more sophisticated and layered in the issues and interaction with the crowd.  He is increasing his profanity, but his randomness is far from the early random stupid statements, but much more sophisticated and connected.  He will never be President, but he is taking crazy down the toilet, and when you wrestle with a pig you get dirty, and the Republican Party sold its soul to the dixiecrats, and trump has solid support in SEC country, and the traditional candidates and power structure are all now trying to get onboard the trump express.  I still think the assumption Cruz will win Iowa is not certain, and that even if he does......Cruz to my Alabama relatives is just one more hispanic who they could care less what he says.....they do not like the way he looks.......it may play in TX, but he has no idea what is going to happen in SEC country.....he is done.

McCain is now challenging Cruz on citizenship. I swear I don't know what the attraction is in Texas to people like Cruz. I hardly know my siblings anymore...and a girlfriend from my childhood who now lives in Lubbock...what are they thinking?

My grandmother used to say...

"when you find you're having a problem with everyone around you... it's time to stop... turn around... and look at yourself."

2seaoat

My grandmother used to say...

"when you find you're having a problem with everyone around you... it's time to stop... turn around... and look at yourself."

That is always good advice. My grandmother used to say " a relationship is like a house. When a lightbulb burns out you do not go out and buy a new house, you fix the light bulb"

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

After seeing how he conducted himself at that rally,  I now believe this clown is a wannabee dictator.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:My grandmother used to say...

And Kipling said this:

https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/if%E2%80%94

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build ‘em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on”;

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings—nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run—
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:My grandmother used to say...

And Kipling said this:

https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/if%E2%80%94

If you can keep your head when all about you
  Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
  But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
  Or, being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don’t give way to hating,
  And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
  If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
  And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
  Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
  And stoop and build ‘em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
  And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
  And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
  To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
  Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on”;

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
  Or walk with kings—nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
  If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run—
  Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

And, my Dad always told me that character is not about what you do when everyone's watching and waiting to slap you on the back, it's about what you do when no one is watching and you can get away with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum