Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Racist Lynyrd Skynyrd Fans Outraged Because Lynyrd Skynyrd No Longer Racist

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

♪ ♫ “Well, I hope Neil Young will remember:
A Southern man is keenly interested in what he has to say and is open to his opinions.” ♫ ♬

Lynyrd Skynyrd, which only contains one original member, has been using giant Confederate flags as concert backdrops for 30 years. The band has certainly never cared about being politically correct. The most famous song by the band, Sweet Home Alabama, praises former Governor and presidential candidate George Wallace. Today, Wallace is vilified by the left for defending racial segregation.

Now the band has suddenly decided to become politically correct. Gary Rossington, the only original member, grovelled to CNN's Fredricka Whitfield. He says he doesn't want to offend anyone by using the Confederate flag. He said the band will no longer display the flag.

The band released a new studio album just days ago ironically titled "Last of A Dying Breed." The band is preparing to go on tour to support their new album. However, there is a growing outrage among fans. Many say they have attended Lynyrd Skynyrd concerts for decades, but will never buy a ticket again. Twitter and Facebook have exploded with condemnation. Many are now calling the band a "fake," who just own the right's to the original band's name.

A nationwide tour begins September 21st. Merchandise featuring the Confederate flag appears to have been scrubbed from the band's website.

http://www.examiner.com/article/fans-outraged-after-lynyrd-skynard-denounces-confederate-flag

Margin Call

Margin Call

This comes on the heels of N.WA.'s new album Straight Outta Harvard featuring the hit song Offer a Helping Hand to the Police and Bruce Springsteen's re-release of Born in the USA (yes, so was the President)

sorry...lame.

I have only been to a couple of concerts but one was Lynyrd Skynyrd at the civic center. I often wondered what the big deal with concerts was. It was pretty good. When they got ready to leave the stage someone yelled "You are forgetting something" and with that, the guy(Mr Skynyrd?) turned around pulled out a Rebel flag bandana and a giant Rebel Flag unrolled in the back ground. Then they Blasted out :"Sweet Home Alabama" and people screamed and jumped up and down and lit some kind of cigarettes(?) and the damn entire place shook. It was then I got a glimpse of what people were talking about.

hallmarkgrad wrote:I have only been to a couple of concerts but one was Lynyrd Skynyrd at the civic center. I often wondered what the big deal with concerts was. It was pretty good. When they got ready to leave the stage someone yelled "You are forgetting something" and with that, the guy(Mr Skynyrd?) turned around pulled out a Rebel flag bandana and a giant Rebel Flag unrolled in the back ground. Then they Blasted out :"Sweet Home Alabama" and people screamed and jumped up and down and lit some kind of cigarettes(?) and the damn entire place shook. It was then I got a glimpse of what people were talking about.

The Mr. Skynyrd to which you so eloquently refer is the one and only Ronnie Van Zant.

salinsky wrote:♪ ♫ “Well, I hope Neil Young will remember:
A Southern man is keenly interested in what he has to say and is open to his opinions.” ♫ ♬

Lynyrd Skynyrd, which only contains one original member, has been using giant Confederate flags as concert backdrops for 30 years. The band has certainly never cared about being politically correct. The most famous song by the band, Sweet Home Alabama, praises former Governor and presidential candidate George Wallace. Today, Wallace is vilified by the left for defending racial segregation.

Now the band has suddenly decided to become politically correct. Gary Rossington, the only original member, grovelled to CNN's Fredricka Whitfield. He says he doesn't want to offend anyone by using the Confederate flag. He said the band will no longer display the flag.

The band released a new studio album just days ago ironically titled "Last of A Dying Breed." The band is preparing to go on tour to support their new album. However, there is a growing outrage among fans. Many say they have attended Lynyrd Skynyrd concerts for decades, but will never buy a ticket again. Twitter and Facebook have exploded with condemnation. Many are now calling the band a "fake," who just own the right's to the original band's name.

A nationwide tour begins September 21st. Merchandise featuring the Confederate flag appears to have been scrubbed from the band's website.

http://www.examiner.com/article/fans-outraged-after-lynyrd-skynard-denounces-confederate-flag

Saw them recently and there was a confederate-flag displayed at various times during the concert...Hardly Wallace supporters...One line kept that from becoming the Alabama State song...in Birmingham they love the governor...boo boo boo....Nice try to attempt to bring in racism...Remember Wallace was a democrat....

Margin Call

Margin Call

Coming soon: Mannheim Steamroller - Ramadan in the Aire

Slicef18

Slicef18

salinsky wrote:♪ ♫ “Well, I hope Neil Young will remember:

Who's next, Gospel singer David Allan Coe?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum