Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Using iPhone to view Pensacola Discussion Forum

+2
Sal
boards of FL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

This site is the only site, when viewed from my iPhone, that has a pop up and takeover from a game site. What's the deal??

I have an old droid that has the same issue from certain ads. Apple might have an ad block app.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I had the same problem when using Apple's native browser, Safari.  I still use Safari as my primary mobile browser, though I also installed Chrome and use that solely for this forum.  Chrome eliminated the pop up adds that would automatically bring me to the app store.

Sal

Sal

Purify app - ad blocker.

Thanks, y'all.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Is this site mobile-optimized? I am just learning about the necessity to have your affiliate-marketing websites mobile-optimized. I have a new Wordpress site reviewing electric barbecue grills sold at Amazon.com that I am trying to get traffic to. I used a new Wordpress theme that has very cool mobile-optimization built right into it. I am going to use this theme to start a few more affiliate sites for product-niches I am pondering.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Is this site mobile-optimized? I am just learning about the necessity to have your affiliate-marketing websites mobile-optimized. I have a new Wordpress site reviewing electric barbecue grills sold at Amazon.com that I am trying to get traffic to. I used a new Wordpress theme that has very cool mobile-optimization built right into it. I am going to use this theme to start a few more affiliate sites for product-niches I am pondering.

It may be "mobile-optimized" in the industry-jargon sense of the word, meaning, there is the option to view a mobile experience that is unique and and entirely different from the "full site" view of the forum.

That said, is that mobile option what I would call "optimal" or "optimized"? No.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Is this site mobile-optimized?

Not with either my Galaxy Note 3 or my LG G3.  Because there is no login link.  I can't post from either phone.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Is this site mobile-optimized?

Not with either my Galaxy Note 3 or my LG G3.  Because there is no login link.  I can't post from either phone.

should be a small arrow pointing down in the upper right corner ...if you push it it will open and allow you to shift to a traditional display and log in....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
should be a small arrow pointing down in the upper right corner ...if you push it it will open and allow you to shift to a traditional display and log in....

Thanks,  teo.  I had a feeling it could be done and I was just too stupid to find it.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Thanks,  teo.  I had a feeling it could be done and I was just too stupid to find it.

PeeDawg used to post here routinely using his iPhone.

For website SEO it is now important to make sure your site is "Mobile-Optimized," or Google will mark your page-rank downward in searches.

You can use this website to check the mobile-optimization of any site: http://mobiletest.me/

I would say the Pensacola Discussion Forum is minimally optimized for mobile-use.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

I used a highly sophisticated, scientifically advanced system for choosing between an I-phone and an Android system. I asked the students in a couple of the classes I teach.

Android won by a large margin. I'm not sure if that's because it might be easier to use (I have no clue) because I'm old or whatever.

Been very happy with it although I've had to stop in to the Verizon office to figure out how to do or undo something.

I just say "Pensacola Forum" after I click on the microphone on Google (I use Bing and their daily changing wallpaper, on my laptop and desk top. Click on the Pensacola Forum and it pops up without ads and easy to post as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum