Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Too sick to go to our neighbor's Christmas eve party

+2
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

My neighbor for the last four years has invited us to the neighborhood Christmas eve party. It is family, friends, and neighbors which I look forward to. I have been zoning in and out sleeping all day. A little bit of forum, a little bit of TV, and a little bit of music. I really wanted to spend this evening in conversation and seasonal cheer, but my breathing has not gotten better and at five when my wife went over, I was out like a light. Now, I am thinking of wandering over, but I just cannot catch another person's cold.....my immune system and lungs are at their end, but this is when I enjoy the forum the most. Resting in my chair, hoping that I will feel better in the morning, but thankful to have celebrated Christmas with the family this weekend, and sad not to enjoy neighbors and friends this evening......but the really good news is that a neighbor dropped off a bag of Christmas cookies, and they are incredible......right when I was thinking about the food next door, I am having a feast of incredible Christmas cookies......happy holidays to all, and celebrate family and this incredible country we have been blessed to live.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

happy holidays my friend. Take care.

RealLindaL

What Joani said, Sea.

I'm not a regular, reliable participant here but I can see that the forum means a lot to you, and I think it's admirable that you let your forum friends know that, in your own way.  

Maybe this would be a good time for us to thank Boards (it is Boards, right?) for continuing to host this forum.   I once had a group of great 'forum friends' from all over the country; we had been communicating for several years on a message board attached to a major job listing/search website   One night I clicked to open the message board and it had been shut down.  Just gone.  Kaput.   All those people, all that support - gone forever, poof.   Maybe that's one reason I don't allow myself to get too close to this group, and instead spend a lot of time corresponding by email with a group of old summer camp friends from my youth -- because at least I know where they all live and have their email addresses, and have had visits from some.

The only thing  I would beg of Boards is that, if there were ever a plan to close the forum, that there please be some advance notice given.

Ooooh, I see by the clock that it's now officially Christmas here on Central Time.   Merry HO HO HO to each and every one (even bah humbug Teo, whether he likes it or not.)     Smile

Sea, am glad those Christmas cookies hit the spot, and hope you feel a lot better in the morning.     Goodnight all!

Hallmarkgard

Happy holidays Mr Oats.  Hope ya feel better soon.  

knothead

knothead

I never cease to be amazed at the strength of Mr. Oats, his devotion to his community and his belief in the strength of our nation . . . . thank you for sharing with us your good days and your bad days Mr. Oats . . . . .you're a good man!

Markle

Markle

2seaoat, happy holidays and please perk up! You're about the only Progressive here that doesn't take everything so seriously.

Some here seem to believe that something we say, or read here will make a difference in...well, ANYTHING.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum