Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The office Christmas party

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The office Christmas party Empty The office Christmas party 12/21/2015, 5:42 pm

2seaoat

I am sad. I used to look forward to the same, but when you are not feeling well it just gets hard. I asked my daughter to bring the grandkids as other children will be here......now that will pump me up, but I am so tired. It used to be the Christmas spirit was spiritual, but when you are weak......it is all different.

2The office Christmas party Empty Re: The office Christmas party 12/21/2015, 6:32 pm

Suck it up pard... at this stage it's about everyone except you. I'm sure you'll do your best... and they'll remember.

3The office Christmas party Empty Re: The office Christmas party 12/21/2015, 7:49 pm

2seaoat

Actually, am having a great time with the kids. The CPA in the building has this beautiful 6 year old who during tax season sneaks down to my office and draws pictures with me. She loves Seaoat, and both her and my granddaughter always help themselves to my change jar, which causes her mom to come back and ask if I gave her permission.....of course I fudge......I love kids at this age so full of love and curiosity. We spend the last hour looking at alligators and owls on my big screen computer..... with three beautiful little girls and Seaoat. The rest of the adults know I am not feeling well and I make a quick hello to new people arriving, but I am content to rest in my chair and entertain the children.......and eat all the cupcakes.

4The office Christmas party Empty Re: The office Christmas party 12/21/2015, 8:09 pm

Ata boy. But don't fudge... life goes on well beyond you.

5The office Christmas party Empty Re: The office Christmas party 12/21/2015, 8:11 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Keep making those memories, Seaoat.

6The office Christmas party Empty Re: The office Christmas party 12/21/2015, 8:14 pm

2seaoat

Wow some very powerful questions from the six year old. I don't want you to die Seaoat. We all die. Does it hurt when you die. No, it only hurts while you are alive, but you can have fun too when it hurts. I then amazed her with a card trick and taught her how to do it. Printed some pictures of an owl and a puppy, and said my hellos to the adults.....they know what I find important, and let me be reclusive today. I really do not think I will make next years office party, but this one turned out nicer than I felt.

7The office Christmas party Empty Re: The office Christmas party 12/21/2015, 8:17 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I used to enjoy the office Christmas party..... My company had a local office here from 1992-2005. Gradually, employees left for other places, and project work locally shriveled, and the office closed. By 2006, I was the only one left and they then let me work from a home office, so it was just me.

Early on, they would send a principal or other big wig from our home office in Memphis and take everyone out to dinner. After 1995, they just apportioned us a sum of money and told us to take ourselves out. The Christmas dinner was always enjoyable. I used to hoard my leave and take the last couple of weeks during the year off. Then I was ready to go for the new year beginning in January.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8The office Christmas party Empty Re: The office Christmas party 12/21/2015, 8:22 pm

2seaoat

It is healthy to enjoy co workers in a social setting. I had some wild Christmas parties in my younger days, but the last ten years they have been more family oriented. Good memories from almost 45 years of working and enjoying people during the holidays. Of course you know I will have to emerge and stir the pot with some wise asz political comment.......they get just as piszed at me as everybody does here....but they know it is all in jest in good spirit. I think I will tell them about bee stings.......

9The office Christmas party Empty Re: The office Christmas party 12/21/2015, 8:27 pm

I think your new found love of govt solutions/controls/edicts/mandates has to do with your new found weakness.

10The office Christmas party Empty Re: The office Christmas party 12/21/2015, 8:31 pm

2seaoat

I think your new found love of govt solutions/controls/edicts/mandates has to do with your new found weakness.

Maybe, or the wisdom of time given, when facing insurmountable odds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum