Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ADP Employment Report: 217,000 jobs added to the economy in November

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=467015&cust=mam&year=2015&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

ADP is calling for strength in Friday's employment report, at a higher-than-expected gain of 217,000 for government payrolls in November. Month-to-month, this report is not always an accurate indicator for the government's data, forecasting a much lower reading than what turned out for October and a much higher reading than what turned out for September. But ADP's trend has been accurate, that is steady payroll growth near 200,000 -- and today's report points to strength that would be slightly above trend.

ADP Employment Report: 217,000 jobs added to the economy in November Showimage

boards of FL

boards of FL

Will the unemployment rate dip into 4% territory? The Employment Situation report comes out on Friday.

Yea... Govt math numbers that affirm my learned beliefs..!! Lord forbid you use your knowledge to be objective.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:Yea... Govt math numbers that affirm my learned beliefs..!! Lord forbid you use your knowledge to be objective.

ADP Employment Report: 217,000 jobs added to the economy in November 3159276

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:Will the unemployment rate dip into 4% territory?  The Employment Situation report comes out on Friday.

Sure, just as soon as enough people quit looking for work and decide the government teat and delightful.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Yea... Govt math numbers that affirm my learned beliefs..!! Lord forbid you use your knowledge to be objective.

This thread is about the ADP Employment Report, hence, these are not government numbers. Good god, man. Dig up, stupid! Dig up!

From the link that you didn't read:

The ADP national employment report is computed from a subset of ADP records that represent approximately 400,000 U.S. business clients and approximately 23 million U.S. employees working in all private industrial sectors. ADP contracted with Moody’s Analytics to compute a monthly report that would ultimately help to predict monthly nonfarm payrolls from the Bureau of Labor Statistic's employment situation. The ADP report only covers private (excluding government) payrolls.

Don't you guys ever get tired of making fools of yourselves?   Have you any idea as to exactly how ignorant you all come across?  

Here's another link directly from ADP's website:

http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2015/November/NER/NER-November-2015.aspx

The 217,000 jobs are all private and comprised as follows:  81,000 small business, 62,000 midsize business, and 74,000 large business.   0 government jobs - because the ADP report doesn't account for government jobs.  It is a number determined by a private organization about private organizations.

boards of FL wrote:

This thread is about the ADP Employment Report, hence, these are not government numbers.  Good god, man.  Dig up, stupid!  Dig up!

The ADP national employment report is computed from a subset of ADP records that represent approximately 400,000 U.S. business clients and approximately 23 million U.S. employees working in all private industrial sectors. ADP contracted with Moody’s Analytics to compute a monthly report that would ultimately help to predict monthly nonfarm payrolls from the Bureau of Labor Statistic's employment situation. The ADP report only covers private (excluding government) payrolls.

Don't you guys ever get tired of making fools of yourselves?   Have you any idea as to exactly how ignorant you all come across?  

The 217,000 jobs are all private and comprised as follows:  81,000 small business, 62,000 midsize business, and 74,000 large business.   0 government jobs - because the ADP report doesn't account for government jobs.  It is a number determined by a private organization about private organizations.

In the OP, the first paragraph you have in a block says "government payrolls."

Not arguing one way or the other, just wondering why it says "ADP is calling for strength in Friday's employment report, at a higher-than-expected gain of 217,000 for government payrolls in November."

boards of FL

boards of FL

SheWrites wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

This thread is about the ADP Employment Report, hence, these are not government numbers.  Good god, man.  Dig up, stupid!  Dig up!

Not arguing one way or the other, just wondering why it says "ADP is calling for strength in Friday's employment report, at a higher-than-expected gain of 217,000 for government payrolls in November."

I did notice that and the Econoday writer clearly made an error in phrasing there.  I post the ADP report every month.   There have been times in the past where I have posted this data and was met with the same exact response "Government numbers!! It's all fake!  It's all a conspiracy!"  Each time I point out that ADP is a private organization producing private jobs estimates, so the error made by Econoday today isn't a perfect alibi for the ignorance exhibited by PkrBum, Markle, and TEO.  They should know by now.

Let's see if you're any different than them.  SheWrites, is the ADP report showing us government jobs?  Is the ADP report even a government number?  I mean, the ADP is clearly a private organization, right?  Watch:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_Data_Processing

ADP, LLC., is an American provider of business outsourcing solutions. It was also a provider of computing services to automobile and heavy equipment dealers, but spun off those businesses in 2014. ADP was formerly one of four American companies to get a AAA credit rating from Standard & Poor's (S&P) and Moody's,[2][3] but S&P and Moody's downgraded ADP to AA in April 2014, after the dealer services unit spin off.[4]

Would you agree that this data point that I just posted is a data point produced by a private organization that gives us an estimate of private sector jobs?

Here is the report directly from ADP's website:

http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/

From the link: "217,000:  Change in US nonfarm private sector employment"

Based upon this information that I have just shown you, regardless of the ambiguity of the phrasing from the Econoday link, do you agree that this report isn't "government math" and it doesn't say anything about "government jobs"?

If you agree, then congratulations.  You're a well adjusted human being with an ability to read and understand information.  And that differentiates you from PkrBum, Markle, and TEO.  PkrBum, Markle, and TEO on the other hand, do not agree.  There is no amount of information that you are I could show them that would make them agree that the ADP is a private organization producing data about private sector jobs.  PkrBum, Markle, and TEO could themselves tour the facilities of ADP, they could even meet the CEO who would tell them "Hi, PkrBum, Markle, and TEO. I'm (insert name), CEO of ADP.  We are a private organization producing data about private sector jobs." and they still would say "Government math!  It's all a government conspiracy!  All those jobs are government jobs!"

Now, this behavior that I just described, would you agree that 'idiotic' is a fair label for that?

Watch.  We can even ask them directly.

Hey, PkrBum, Markle, and TEO.  You guys all believe that the ADP is government organization producing data about government jobs, don't you?  There is nothing that I could show you, there is nothing that you could read anywhere, there is simply nothing that will ever convince you otherwise, is there?

boards of FL wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I did notice that and the Econoday writer clearly made an error in phrasing there.  I post the ADP report every month.   There have been times in the past where I have posted this data and was met with the same exact response "Government numbers!! It's all fake!  It's all a conspiracy!"  Each time I point out that ADP is a private organization producing private jobs estimates, so the error made by Econoday today isn't a perfect alibi for the ignorance exhibited by PkrBum, Markle, and TEO.  They should know by now.

Let's see if you're any different than them.  SheWrites, is the ADP report showing us government jobs?  Is the ADP report even a government number?  I mean, the ADP is clearly a private organization, right?  Watch:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_Data_Processing

ADP, LLC., is an American provider of business outsourcing solutions. It was also a provider of computing services to automobile and heavy equipment dealers, but spun off those businesses in 2014. ADP was formerly one of four American companies to get a AAA credit rating from Standard & Poor's (S&P) and Moody's,[2][3] but S&P and Moody's downgraded ADP to AA in April 2014, after the dealer services unit spin off.[4]

Would you agree that this data point that I just posted is a data point produced by a private organization that gives us an estimate of private sector jobs?

Here is the report directly from ADP's website:

http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/

From the link: "217,000:  Change in US nonfarm private sector employment"

Based upon this information that I have just shown you, regardless of the ambiguity of the phrasing from the Econoday link, do you agree that this report isn't "government math" and it doesn't say anything about "government jobs"?

If you agree, then congratulations.  You're a well adjusted human being with an ability to read and understand information.  And that differentiates you from PkrBum, Markle, and TEO.  PkrBum, Markle, and TEO on the other hand, do not agree.  There is no amount of information that you are I could show them that would make them agree that the ADP is a private organization producing data about private sector jobs.  PkrBum, Markle, and TEO could themselves tour the facilities of ADP, they could even meet the CEO who would tell them "Hi, PkrBum, Markle, and TEO. I'm (insert name), CEO of ADP.  We are a private organization producing data about private sector jobs." and they still would say "Government math!  It's all a government conspiracy!  All those jobs are government jobs!"

Now, this behavior that I just described, would you agree that 'idiotic' is a fair label for that?

Watch.  We can even ask them directly.

Hey, PkrBum, Markle, and TEO.  You guys all believe that the ADP is government organization producing data about government jobs, don't you?  There is nothing that I could show you, there is nothing that you could read anywhere, there is simply nothing that will ever convince you otherwise, is there?

I assumed it could be writer error.

Having taken economics in college but not working in it every day and truly not enjoying statistics class - I'd say we can gather much from the reports of non-government companies who post reports on the economy. They probably do it for the naysayers of government numbers.

I also know, from the classes I've taken, that numbers do not reflect the full picture all of the time. Many on this forum like to point out the "no longer looking for employment numbers" and this is a point but not the end all to this discussion.

I guess my wish in this world of chaos that politics has stirred among the masses would be for everyone to step back and see the possibility that everyone is not out to get us or fake us out.

I appreciate your posts, Boards, on the state of the economy. It's a consistent view you share. Most can only pull information from blogs or the latest radio talk show host that "proved" their point - which is basically if the talk show hosts says what they feel then it is right. Mad Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum