Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is there any doubt who the best player in the NBA has been for the last two years

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

17 -0...........the kid is changing basketball. Curry is simply doing things that NOBODY has done before.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/curry-scores-41-points-warriors-pour-in-3s-to-go-17-0/ar-AAfKr3K

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Graceful and fluid team play.Unbelievable.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

18-0....not bad, not bad at all.

2seaoat

I know Kerr is a unique guy. He is highly intelligent and has complete control of his emotions. He participated in some great basketball, but when I pull the stats on Golden State.......it is remarkable. He has set the mold for a changing NBA basketball game where the three point shot, spacing, rebounding, and defense are changing the game. I cannot get enough of watching this team. It is the best basketball I have seen in almost 15 years.

San Antonio is going to be very tough come playoff time. However, the rest of the west is not as good as last year and there is emerging talent in the East which make it a very interesting season. I just do not know barring injury how this team will not be the best ever. I know that is saying a great deal, but they are just clearly dominate.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I know Kerr is a unique guy.  He is highly intelligent and has complete control of his emotions.  He participated in some great basketball, but when I pull the stats on Golden State.......it is remarkable.   He has set the mold for a changing NBA basketball game where the three point shot, spacing, rebounding, and defense are changing the game.   I cannot get enough of watching this team.  It is the best basketball I have seen in almost 15 years.

San Antonio is going to be very tough come playoff time.  However, the rest of the west is not as good as last year and there is emerging talent in the East which make it a very interesting season.  I just do not know barring injury how this team will not be the best ever.   I know that is saying a great deal, but they are just clearly dominate.

My middle school grandson and granddaughter love the Warriors, especially Curry. They both have the cell phone app to keep up with basketball stats daily....or however it works.

2seaoat

I have to see Curry play live. I think I am putting that on my bucket list. I will check NO schedule and see if I can get tickets because I will never see them in Chicago, maybe Milwaukee. Forty Points tonight and 20-0......this is mind boggling. I just do not see who can beat them. The Bulls played them very well through three, and it was like they had another gear and the Bulls just could not keep up with Curry. I was excited about him two years ago, and absolutely believed he was the best last year, and this year.....well if this kid keeps doing what he is doing.......there will be no comparisons.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

And Boards is silent.

2seaoat

There has NEVER been anything close to this. Is it a fluke. A hot run? I think we are seeing something very special.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Cavs and Heat....LeBron James sits on the bench. He was tired!

2seaoat

Cavs and Heat....LeBron James sits on the bench. He was tired!

He had every reason to be tired. He single handed brought them back in the fourth quarter against a struggling NO team the night before. I watched the entire game. He is an incredibly smart basketball player. He knows there is a problem. As exquisite as some of these young teams are playing team ball, the Cavs are streaky and very inconsistent. He made the comment after the game that we cannot wait for players to come back, but we need to play with what we have. They get Love involved early and he is playing great, but at crunch time it is all James, and that is not a winning formula. He recognizes this, and could easily have played, but Miami is playing good team ball and great defense. I think he wants to step back and let this team jell, but if you watched the NO game, the Cavs would have been blown out if not for some incredible hard work by James. No, I think the realization of what I have been saying for five years is clear to him.......how can his talent elevate his teams to win. I do not have that answer. It has been obvious that his teams have not won historically and two titles may be it, and with Kobe retiring he is using that intelligence to perhaps elevate his game to James 2 where team flow and consistency beyond his individual play can bring them a championship. It is going to be tough this year. There are some incredible young players in the east who are only going to get better by playoffs. No team can be overlooked. He knows they need to be winning every game and no waiting for some miracle. I have seen few better fourth quarter efforts than what James did against New Orleans. It was incredible, but he knows......he knows what Chris Bosh said about playing with James....it is hard, and he knows he must solve the puzzle for them to win a championship. There are some great teams this year, but the Warriors are from another dimension, and James realizes that it will take excellent team play with EVERYBODY contributing. This is a pivotal moment in his career.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Cavs and Heat....LeBron James sits on the bench. He was tired!

He had every reason to be tired.  He single handed brought them back in the fourth quarter against a struggling NO team the night before.  I watched the entire game.  He is an incredibly smart basketball player.  He knows there is a problem.  As exquisite as some of these young teams are playing team ball, the Cavs are streaky and very inconsistent.  He made the comment after the game that we cannot wait for players to come back, but we need to play with what we have.  They get Love involved early and he is playing great, but at crunch time it is all James, and that is not a winning formula.  He recognizes this, and could easily have played, but Miami is playing good team ball and great defense.  I think he wants to step back and let this team jell, but if you watched the NO game, the Cavs would have been blown out if not for some incredible hard work by James.   No, I think the realization of what I have been saying for five years is clear to him.......how can his talent elevate his teams to win.  I do not have that answer.  It has been obvious that his teams have not won historically and two titles may be it, and with Kobe retiring he is using that intelligence to perhaps elevate his game to James 2 where team flow and consistency beyond his individual play can bring them a championship.   It is going to be tough this year.   There are some incredible young players in the east who are only going to get better by playoffs.  No team can be overlooked.  He knows they need to be winning every game and no waiting for some miracle.  I have  seen few better fourth quarter efforts than what James did against New Orleans.  It was incredible, but he knows......he knows what Chris Bosh said about playing with James....it is hard, and he knows he must solve the puzzle for them to win a championship.  There are some great teams this year, but the Warriors are from another dimension, and James realizes that it will take excellent team play with EVERYBODY contributing.  This is a pivotal moment in his career.

Amen!

2seaoat

I was very impressed with the Bobcats victory over the Bulls last night. The Bulls played great. The Bobcats played great. Both teams were moving the ball well and were making it seem effortless with team play. Any team in the east with the huge influx of the top notched players from five years of horrible play in the East could upset any team in the East if they do not get the top spot. You do not take any team for granted. I have not seen the west losing this many games in almost five years as they have been dominate. With the exception of the Spurs and Golden State, I am not impressed with the West. I think the east has better teams this year, but few will match up with the Spurs and Golden State. The Cavs could be a very good team by the end of the year. Not as individual talented cogs, but as a coherent team. James recognizes this. However, his team lost to clearly a less talented NO team which was struggling through three quarters. His choice lay down in the fourth to build team.....no that will never be acceptable, he did what he has always done.....he was unbelievable and erased about a 12 point deficit single handed, and they went into overtime only to have Anthony Davis dominate and win the game. He is frustrated. The NO game is a tell. His not playing in Miami was less about being tired that realizing that like Kobe, his clock is ticking and almost every team he has been a part of in the end fails. He is a smart man. He needs a strong coach who coaches him and the team.....it is clear he is still coaching the team, because I saw him barking out instructions in the overtime after time outs......therein is the problem.

2seaoat

24 and no losses......the most incredible start in NBA history by the best player in Basketball. However, I predicted last year that the Milwaukee Bucks will be a team to watch at playoff time. They are giving the best team in basketball a good run tonight. The Bulls won, but they already have eight losses......Golden State may not have that many losses at the end of the season.......incredible talent and team play.

2seaoat

The Bucks are going to do the impossible. They are leading in the fourth and Curry has less than thirty points. This Buck team is going to surprise folks just like Detroit. The East is getting stronger.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I missed the game tonight....BUT what an incredible run for GSW.

2seaoat

Golden State......24 -1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum