Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedom Fries

+3
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
boards of FL
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Freedom Fries Empty Freedom Fries 11/16/2015, 6:48 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_fries

It's bad enough that American's have to live with the result of bad republican policy.  Do we really need to export that to the rest of the world?

Sorry, France.

2Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/16/2015, 7:11 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Those came out back when we were bombing Qaddafi and France wouldn't let us use their airspace....It's called history...

3Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/16/2015, 7:13 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Freedom fries is a political euphemism for French fries in the United States. The term came to prominence in 2003 when the then Republican Chairman of the Committee on House Administration, Bob Ney, renamed the menu item in three Congressional cafeterias in response to France's opposition to the proposed invasion of Iraq. Although originally supported with several restaurants changing their menus as well, the term fell out of use due to declining support for the Iraq War

4Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/16/2015, 7:29 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Don't forget the freedom toast too. 
I'd had a love affair going with french toast since I was old enough to chew food.  But boy when those pansy ass frogs didn't cowtow to the neocons I stopped eating that and quiche. I didn't want to be a commie traitor.
But to be honest sometimes I did still sneak a little french dressing onto my salad.  No sense in being a fanatic.

5Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/16/2015, 7:54 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Actually the 1986 Qaddafi bombing was where it was first used to shame the French but i guess since it was just restaurants and talk show hosts using the term and no congressman picked it up to get attention...it never happened..

6Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/16/2015, 8:19 pm

We were traveling from Switzerland to Germany when I was pregnant with my son. We skirted through a corner of France to do so. I had to pee. We stopped at a rest area on the autobahn or whatever they call it in France. A French woman was cleaning the women's bathroom. She would not let me in. I said "sil vous plait" and pointed to my baby bump. She mumbled and would not let me use the toilette.

Left a bad impression to say the least. We stopped a few klicks down the road and I said "God bless Germany and piss on France."

It was the next year when the French would not allow our jets through their airspace to bomb Gadaffi. I was not surprised and figured the chamber maid had made her way into Parliament.

I love French fries and French toast. I never boycott good food. Laughing

7Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/16/2015, 8:44 pm

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_fries

It's bad enough that American's have to live with the result of bad republican policy.  Do we really need to export that to the rest of the world?

Sorry, France.  

Strange, I seem to recall that semi-retired President Obama is a far left Progressive...Democrat for the linguistically challenged.

Yes, we do owe France a deep, sincere apology for having allowed such a horrendous act of war to have happened to you on our watch.

8Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/16/2015, 8:54 pm

Markle

Markle

SheWrites wrote:We were traveling from Switzerland to Germany when I was pregnant with my son. We skirted through a corner of France to do so.   I had to pee.  We stopped at a rest area on the autobahn or whatever they call it in France.  A French woman was cleaning the women's bathroom.  She would not let me in.  I said "sil vous plait" and pointed to my baby bump.  She mumbled and would not let me use the toilette.  

Left a bad impression to say the least.   We stopped a few klicks down the road and I said "God bless Germany and piss on France."

It was the next year when the French would not allow our jets through their airspace to bomb Gadaffi.  I was not surprised and figured the chamber maid had made her way into Parliament.  

I love French fries and French toast.  I never boycott good food. Laughing

Freedom Fries Dulynoted_zpssxoqprog

9Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 10:14 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:

Sorry, France.  

Strange, I seem to recall that semi-retired President Obama is a far left Progressive...Democrat for the linguistically challenged.

Yes, we do owe France a deep, sincere apology for having allowed such a horrendous act of war to have happened to you on our watch.

We owe the french an apology for mocking them when they - correctly - did not support the invasion of Iraq. It was fairly clear that there was no active nuclear program, UN inspectors had access, and many had predicted that the region would fall into chaos once we came in a created a new power vacuum.

The french were absolutely correct in their assessment, and we - well, republicans - mocked them for that decision. And France is paying the price for that today.

10Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 10:16 am

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

Sorry, France.  

We owe the french an apology for mocking them when they - correctly - did not support the invasion of Iraq.  It was fairly clear that there was no active nuclear program, UN inspectors had access, and many had predicted that the region would fall into chaos once we came in a created a new power vacuum.

The french were absolutely correct in their assessment, and we - well, republicans - mocked them for that decision.  And France is paying the price for that today.

The French were not part of NATO from 1966 through 2009. For them not to participate was par for their course in both the Gaddafi raid and the Invasion of Iraq.

Yes, boycotts and mocking are childish. Remember that, BOF.

11Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 10:22 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

SheWrites wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

Sorry, France.  

We owe the french an apology for mocking them when they - correctly - did not support the invasion of Iraq.  It was fairly clear that there was no active nuclear program, UN inspectors had access, and many had predicted that the region would fall into chaos once we came in a created a new power vacuum.

The french were absolutely correct in their assessment, and we - well, republicans - mocked them for that decision.  And France is paying the price for that today.

The French were not part of NATO from 1966 through 2009.  For them not to participate was par for their course in both the Gaddafi raid and the Invasion of Iraq.  

Yes, boycotts and mocking are childish.   Remember that, BOF.

Boycotts and mocking are not universally childish. Changing "french fries" to "freedom fries" because France refused to take part in a painfully obvious international policy quagmire that lead to the very attacks that are dominating the the news today....yes, that is childish.

Mocking republicans for changing "french fries" to "freedom fries", however, is not childish. It is the duty of any decent, moral human being. Mocking racisism isn't childish. Mocking ignorance isn't childish. We need to call out and mock that type of policy (pre-emptive occupations) and behavior ("freedom fries") as it is precisely what gets us into these situations (Paris) to begin with.

12Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 10:39 am

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

Sorry, France.  

We owe the french an apology for mocking them when they - correctly - did not support the invasion of Iraq. It was fairly clear that there was no active nuclear program, UN inspectors had access, and many had predicted that the region would fall into chaos once we came in a created a new power vacuum.

The french were absolutely correct in their assessment, and we - well, republicans - mocked them for that decision. And France is paying the price for that today.

Now the french call this an act of war and escalated... while obama calls it a "setback" and continues some oddball half measure strategy that isn't designed to actually accomplish anything. Who's right there? Why doesn't obama do as he promised and get us out?

13Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 10:43 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Actually the 1986 Qaddafi bombing was where it was first used to shame the French but i guess since it was just restaurants and talk show hosts using the term and no congressman picked it up to get attention...it never happened..

No need to take my word for it. Search google for "freedom fries" and see what comes up. Oh, and look up "cheese-eating surrender monkeys" while you're at. Republicans really liked that one back in 2003 as well.

When you find yourself constantly having to rewrite history in order to support your worldview, doesn't it ever occur to you that it is your worldview that could be wrong?

14Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 10:44 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

Sorry, France.  

Now the french call this an act of war and escalated... while obama calls it a "setback" and continues some oddball half measure strategy that isn't designed to actually accomplish anything. Who's right there? Why doesn't obama do as he promised and get us out?

What does the term 'setback' mean in PkrBum-land?

15Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 10:45 am

gatorfan

I can't stop laughing. For the first time in history renaming french fries have caused a terrorist attack. I've been to France numerous times and can say they don't like Americans for the most part unless they need something.

What a bunch of BoFshit.

16Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 10:46 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

Sorry, France.  

The French were not part of NATO from 1966 through 2009.  For them not to participate was par for their course in both the Gaddafi raid and the Invasion of Iraq.  

Yes, boycotts and mocking are childish.   Remember that, BOF.

Good post! Mocking individuals on this forum has proven to be very childish...more like bullying.

17Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 10:51 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:I can't stop laughing. For the first time in history renaming french fries have caused a terrorist attack. I've been to France numerous times and can say they don't like Americans for the most part unless they need something.

What a bunch of BoFshit.

Where are you getting the idea that renaming french fries caused a terrorist attack?

18Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 10:59 am

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:I can't stop laughing. For the first time in history renaming french fries have caused a terrorist attack. I've been to France numerous times and can say they don't like Americans for the most part unless they need something.

What a bunch of BoFshit.

Where are you getting the idea that renaming french fries caused a terrorist attack?

Well now I just don't know unless it's from your own insinuation:

"mocked them for that decision. And France is paying the price for that today."

You do remember posting that, right?

Your ADD is acting up, ask your Mommy to get your Rx refilled.

19Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 11:20 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

What a bunch of BoFshit.

I do remember posting that, though I never insinuated what you seem to feel I insinuated.  Here, let me hold your hand and walk you through this since you don't appear to be equipped to comprehend this on your own.  In 2003, the Bush administration aggressively made its case for a pre-emptive invasion of Iraq.  France did not support that cause.  Republicans then mocked the french by renaming french fries to "freedom fries" and commonly referring to them as "cheese eating surrender monkeys".

Fast forward 12 years and it turns out that the french were clearly right and the US was clearly wrong.  Iraq turned out to be a massive foreign policy quagmire, just as the french predicted.  Today, the french are paying the price for our misguided foreign policy decision (Paris attacks).  It is our misguided foreign policy that is to blame for the Paris attacks, not the renaming of "french fries".   To be as clear as possible for gatorfan, France is paying the price for our foreign policy decisions in 2003 - the very decision that they did not support and that we - well, republicans - mocked them for.

It's amazing that that needed to be broken down so specifically for you.  

Here's a pro-tip for you, gatorfan.  Follow this and you won't find yourself in these type of situations.  Anytime you read something that I say and then conclude that it is completely outrageous - such as "Did he just say that the Paris attacks stem from french fries?!?! What?!?!" -  maybe you should first check your reading comprehension before replying.  It is much more likely that your reading comprehension is failing you that it is that I said something that idiotic.

20Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 11:22 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

France,  I personally apologize for letting the ragheads do an act of war on you on my watch.   I shoulda not let that happen.

21Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 11:27 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

France,  I personally apologize for letting the ragheads do an act of war on you on my watch.   I shoulda not let that happen.

How noble! I thank you and so does France.

22Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 11:39 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The french have had a long history of war and being invaded....America has never been invaded and occupied. I imagine it reduces your lust for war. Perhaps Americans should just be thankful.

23Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 11:56 am

Even the muslims have invaded france before... the more things change...

24Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 12:57 pm

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

What a bunch of BoFshit.

I do remember posting that, though I never insinuated what you seem to feel I insinuated.  Here, let me hold your hand and walk you through this since you don't appear to be equipped to comprehend this on your own.  In 2003, the Bush administration aggressively made its case for a pre-emptive invasion of Iraq.  France did not support that cause.  Republicans then mocked the french by renaming french fries to "freedom fries" and commonly referring to them as "cheese eating surrender monkeys".

Fast forward 12 years and it turns out that the french were clearly right and the US was clearly wrong.  Iraq turned out to be a massive foreign policy quagmire, just as the french predicted.  Today, the french are paying the price for our misguided foreign policy decision (Paris attacks).  It is our misguided foreign policy that is to blame for the Paris attacks, not the renaming of "french fries".   To be as clear as possible for gatorfan, France is paying the price for our foreign policy decisions in 2003 - the very decision that they did not support and that we - well, republicans - mocked them for.

Here's a pro-tip for you, gatorfan.  Follow this and you won't find yourself in these type of situations.  Anytime you read something that I say and then conclude that it is completely outrageous - such as "Did he just say that the Paris attacks stem from french fries?!?! What?!?!" -  maybe you should first check your reading comprehension before replying.  It is much more likely that your reading comprehension is failing you that it is that I said something that idiotic.

What a loon, you managed to say nothing of interest using a whole lot of words. The day will never come when I need a tool like you to explain anything to me. When you get some real world experience and get out of your Mothers basement then perhaps you will understand the world is not what you think it is.

Have a Freedom Fry boy-child.

Freedom Fries Tumblr_mbi3hwP8fN1qczbido1_500

25Freedom Fries Empty Re: Freedom Fries 11/17/2015, 1:10 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

What a bunch of BoFshit.

What a loon, you managed to say nothing of interest using a whole lot of words. The day will never come when I need a tool like you to explain anything to me. When you get some real world experience and get out of your Mothers basement then perhaps you will understand the world is not what you think it is.

Have a Freedom Fry boy-child.

They day has already come.  It is today.  You just failed to comprehend a fairly straightforward post, and I then had to explain it to you using all of those words.

I mean, you agree that you misinterpreted the post, right?  Is this an accurate interpretation of what I said, gatorfan?

gatorfan wrote:I can't stop laughing. For the first time in history renaming french fries have caused a terrorist attack.

I didn't say that the renaming of french fries caused a terrorist attack, did I?  But that is in fact how you interpreted my comment, isn't it?  So the day has in fact arrived where you need me to dumb things down for you in order for you to understand them, hasn't it?

gatorfan wrote:What a loon, you managed to say nothing of interest using a whole lot of words.

I said exactly what needed to be said in order to assist you on your way to the actual meaning of my comment, because you weren't able to get their on your own.  Your response here suggests you don't even comprehend my assist to you.  If that is in fact the case....well....good luck with that.  I'm sure there are plenty of lucrative careers out there for people who can't effectively read.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum