Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Multiple Attacks in Paris - At Least 18 Dead

+5
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
Markle
Hospital Bob
Sal
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

(CNN)At least 18 people were killed in shootings in central Paris late Friday, CNN affiliate BFMTV reported.

The network reported there was a hostage situation at one of the three sites where shootings took place. BFMTV said the ongoing hostage situation was at a theater named Bataclan.

There was a lockdown at the Stade de France due to possible explosions, according to French media. President Francois Hollande was at the stadium, watching France playing world champions Germany in a friendly match, but he left to go to the Interior Ministry.

Police were outside the scene of one of the shootings, a restaurant in the 10th District.

Lylia Melkonian, a reporter for France 2, told CNN the neighborhood has many restaurants that were packed with patrons. Melkonian said authorities were evacuating the area.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/index.html

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll wager you it was done by white French christians targetting muslims.

Salinsky wrote: (CNN)At least 18 people were killed in shootings in central Paris late Friday, CNN affiliate BFMTV reported.

The network reported there was a hostage situation at one of the three sites where shootings took place. BFMTV said the ongoing hostage situation was at a theater named Bataclan.

There was a lockdown at the Stade de France due to possible explosions, according to French media. President Francois Hollande was at the stadium, watching France playing world champions Germany in a friendly match, but he left to go to the Interior Ministry.

Police were outside the scene of one of the shootings, a restaurant in the 10th District.

Lylia Melkonian, a reporter for France 2, told CNN the neighborhood has many restaurants that were packed with patrons. Melkonian said authorities were evacuating the area.

Ah....the religion of peace at work again

100 hostages and 35 dead now

39 plus dead to go along with 100 hostages

60+ dead....from the religion of Peace...nobody else is doing this but them

140 dead and all those hostages...Seaoat thinks it's just a criminal act

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:I'll wager you it was done by white French christians [Christians] targetting [targeting] muslims [Muslims].

You were being facetious were you not? You couldn't possible be serious.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

158 deaths and climbing.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Tragic indeed. Now who will be the first poster to blame President Obama for this incident?

I wonder how the French will handle this? Both diplomatically and militarily, I would suppose. ISIS is supposedly applauding the attacks, and if they were behind it, could you see a united U.S./EU/Russian joint push to eliminate them? What if our good old ally Saudi Arabia supported and helped finance this attack? They are known financiers of world terrorism. The world allows them to get away with it, because it craves Saudi oil.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

Blaming religion solves nothing.

These people have been radicalized by politics.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Salinsky wrote:Blaming religion solves nothing.

True.... In the early 1990s we had fundamentalist Christian terror here in Pensacola when two anti-abortion protesters, in two separate incidents, decided to murder abortion doctors. You can't blame Christianity for this, but you can blame the anti-abortion politics which radicalized the two killers.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

dumpcare

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Tragic indeed. Now who will be the first poster to blame President Obama for this incident?

I wonder how the French will handle this? Both diplomatically and militarily, I would suppose. ISIS is supposedly applauding the attacks, and if they were behind it, could you see a united U.S./EU/Russian joint push to eliminate them? What if our good old ally Saudi Arabia supported and helped finance this attack? They are known financiers of world terrorism. The world allows them to get away with it, because it craves Saudi oil.

Z on weartv facebook page the poster's have been blaming obama for hours.

Yes I can see U.S./EU and Russian's on a joint push.

2seaoat

140 dead and all those hostages...Seaoat thinks it's just a criminal act

That is all it is. Murderers are criminals. You cannot take military action against criminals or ideas. It is simply illogical and futile. You can prosecute, prevent, and prepare for criminal behavior and try to deter the same. Military actions do not deter. They create more criminals. This is not complex. Vigilance and getting the hell out of other people's countries is a start.

Markle

Markle

Whew...you really are uninformed aren't you.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Tragic indeed. Now who will be the first poster to blame President Obama for this incident?

Z on weartv facebook page the poster's have been blaming obama for hours.

Yes I can see U.S./EU and Russian's on a joint push.

How are the policies and doctrines of semi-retired President Obama and Hillary Clinton NOT to blame for massive terrorist attacks in Paris?

They are the ones who made the decision to leave a huge vacuum in Iraq when the decision was made to ignore all their military advisers and pull all our troops out of Iraq.  ISIS stepped up after 2011 and filled the vacuum and are expanding.  

No one in the World will look to America for leadership.  We have abandoned our roll, our responsibility to lead the world. President Obama has tucked tail and is cowering under the Oval Office desk.

Progressives must be so proud!  Only HOURS before the horrendous attack, President Obama said this on his beloved Good Morning America show with George Stephanopoulos.

“I don’t think they’re gaining strength,” Obama responded. “What is true is that from the start, our goal has been first to contain and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq, and in Syria they’ll come in, they’ll leave, but you don’t see this systemic march by ISIL across the terrain.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/13/obama-isis-is-not-getting-stronger-we-have-contained-them/

dumpcare

No, you are one who is part of the problem here in the U.S.

How can you even the think obama had anything to do with this?

We should never been in Iraq in the first place.

You think now and have always along with pd the U.S. should be the world police, which therefore led to illegals crossing our borders.

You see if the people of the world think the U.S. will protect them in their homeland it gives them the impression it's ok to cross the border's. You can't have one without the other.

So no it wasn't obama's fault or bush for that matter. But if you do want to blame someone you should remember it was your fearless leader Bush that went into Iraq only to murder our young.

This would have happened regardless. We and other civilized nation's have been the target of middle eastern fanatics for over 50 years. We were when I was stationed over there in 68-69. They have grown well in forces in retaliation of the U.S. butting their noses into everyone's else's business.

Do you want the U.S. to protect our border's or the world?

You have no logic and doubt very much common sense.

The problem today is we have our noses up so many nation's butt's we cannot get out now.

I know seaoat won't like this: but this will happen here sooner than later and since N.Y. city and other large U.S. city's are heavily guarded it will probably happen in places like malls, stadium's, amusement parks, ie disney world.

Why do so many young people from around the world and U.S. get drawn into ISIS?

I won't blame Obama because the seeds for this attack in Frnace were laid with lax immigration policy involving Muslims. There have been and are parts of Frnace non-Muslims do not go in..... One was the Muslim section of Marselllie that we used to patrol around when I was on. a Med cruise in 1985. We patrolled to keep our guys OUT.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Yeah, right!

That's why they shout Allahu Akbar as they murder westerners. Rolling Eyes

Sal

Sal

Of course, this has nothing to do with the West's decades old policies in the Middle East of taking resources, erecting false borders, installing brutal dictators to oppress populations, making war, and pouring arms into the region.

Nah, gotta be the religion.

Rolling Eyes

dumpcare

The news says ISIS took credit.

dumpcare

Obamasucks wrote:I won't blame Obama because the seeds for this attack in Frnace were laid with lax immigration policy involving Muslims.  There have been and are parts of Frnace non-Muslims do not go in..... One was the Muslim section of Marselllie that we used to patrol around when I was on. a Med cruise in 1985.  We patrolled to keep our guys OUT.

I do agree on the lax immigration of France and now seems the U.S. I don't mind if someone is here legally, but just letting everyone tom, dick and Abdul cross over unchecked is unbelievable.

Salinsky wrote:Of course, this has nothing to do with the West's decades old policies in the Middle East of taking resources, erecting false borders, installing brutal dictators to oppress populations, making war, and pouring arms into the region.

Nah, gotta be the religion.

Rolling Eyes

Maybe it was just some guys out for a walk... what at this point does it matter? And it's just too early to speculate. Could've been an isolated incident, workplace violence, social justice, income inequality, global warning, and ofcourse... our fault.

Sal

Sal

EmeraldGhost wrote:

Yeah, right!

That's why they shout Allahu Akbar as they murder westerners.   Rolling Eyes

Ideology means nothing to the dead.

We deny our humanity when we send drones and hellfire missiles to kill innocent civilians.

They deny their humanity when they rain bullets and explosions on innocent Parisians.

Yahweh is silent.

Allah is silent.

Others will make a lot of noise, but the dead won't care.

They know only the silence.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Whew...you really are uninformed aren't you.

We agree Markle: Religion should be done away with entirely. All religions suck!

Salinsky wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

Yeah, right!

That's why they shout Allahu Akbar as they murder westerners.   Rolling Eyes

Ideology means nothing to the dead.

We deny our humanity when we send drones and hellfire missiles to kill innocent civilians.

They deny their humanity when they rain bullets and explosions on innocent Parisians.

Yahweh is silent.

Allah is silent.

Others will make a lot of noise, but the dead won't care.

They know only the silence.

Uh, we just did put boots on the ground in Syria....we haven't had much time to piss off the Syrians. next.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum