Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Consumer Sentiment is moving "sharply higher" in November.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=467203&cust=mam&year=2015&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

Consumer sentiment is moving sharply higher this month, to 93.1 for the mid-month flash in the highest reading since July. Expectations are especially showing life, up 3.5 points to 85.6 which is the best since June. Strength in expectations points to confidence in the outlook for the jobs market and, to a lesser degree, for the stock market as well. The assessment of current conditions is also higher, at 104.8 for a 2.5 point gain and pointing to strength in the current jobs market.

Inflation expectations are moving lower, at least for the 1-year outlook which is down a steep 2 tenths to 2.5 percent. This reading is a reminder of how weak inflation reports are coming in, including today's data on producer prices. But longer term expectations are stable, unchanged and also at 2.5 percent for the 5-year outlook.

Rising confidence hints perhaps at a pick up for retail sales in the key month of November, a back-loaded month that kicks off the holidays after Thanksgiving.

Consumer Sentiment is moving "sharply higher" in November. Showimage

lies....

you lie....

Record numbers not in workforce

Record numbers underemployed

Record numbers of women unemployed

Blacks at depression levels of unemployment

Record numbers on welfare

boards of FL

boards of FL

Obamasucks wrote:lies....

you lie....

Record numbers not in workforce

Record numbers underemployed

Record numbers of women unemployed

Blacks at depression levels of unemployment

Record numbers on welfare

What am I lying about?  I'm simply the messenger here. Are you saying the University of Michigan's consumer sentiment report is a lie?

But aside from that...

We also have record numbers of people employed.  

Record numbers of women employed.

Record numbers of men employed.

Record GDP.

Record numbers of minorities employed.

Record numbers of (insert any other data point that is tied to population growth and therefore generally sets a record with each new observation.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum