Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Federal Smoking Ban in Public Housing

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/12/nyregion/public-housing-nationwide-may-be-subject-to-smoking-ban.html

Smoking would be prohibited in public housing homes nationwide under a proposed federal rule announced on Thursday, a move that would affect nearly one million households and open the latest front in the long-running campaign to curb unwanted exposure to secondhand tobacco smoke.

The ban, by the Department of Housing and Urban Development, would also require that common areas and administrative offices on public housing property be smoke-free.

But the restriction on smoking inside dwellings would pose challenges to overburdened public housing agencies, which could face resistance from some residents resentful of losing control of what they can do in their own homes.

gatorfan

It would never work but if it did it might put a bunch of dope and crack dealers out of business. There are places in this country where people can't smoke in their own homes, Big Brother is getting closer every day.

Federal Smoking Ban in Public Housing 1984-Big-Brother-Poster

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I grew up in a smoking household. I played around with cigarettes as a teen into adulthood and am so glad I never started smoking. It is an atrocious habit and smokers should be banned from lighting up around any non-smoker who does not want to be exposed to secondhand smoke.

My father quit in 1978. My mother never fully quit, even after her youngest sister lost her life in 1984 to lung cancer. My mom died in 1996 at age 71 from colorectal cancer, which I am certain her smoking contributed to.

It is a foul, horrible addiction. Society is finally realizing smoking is a liability more than an asset. My daughter plays in a band and used to dread having to do gigs at Seville Square, because it was not smoke-free and the air hammered her voice on nights the band performed there. Seville went smoke-free in October. Other venues, such as Emerald City are also smoke-free. It's about time.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/12/nyregion/public-housing-nationwide-may-be-subject-to-smoking-ban.html

Smoking would be prohibited in public housing homes nationwide under a proposed federal rule announced on Thursday, a move that would affect nearly one million households and open the latest front in the long-running campaign to curb unwanted exposure to secondhand tobacco smoke.

The ban, by the Department of Housing and Urban Development, would also require that common areas and administrative offices on public housing property be smoke-free.

But the restriction on smoking inside dwellings would pose challenges to overburdened public housing agencies, which could face resistance from some residents resentful of losing control of what they can do in their own homes.

Wow, talk about a nightmare!

Don't worry... I doubt it would be implemented before next years election.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:Don't worry... I doubt it would be implemented before next years election.

Hey Pkr ...Had my first therapy today for my shoulder...Damn does that hurt.... Shocked

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Don't worry... I doubt it would be implemented before next years election.

Hey Pkr ...Had my first therapy today for my shoulder...Damn does that hurt.... Shocked

I know buddy... I feel for you. Shoulder surgery is horrible... maybe worse than my neck... certainly longer lasting.

I hope you are getting some rest. Sleeping was hell for me.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

I know buddy... I feel for you. Shoulder surgery is horrible... maybe worse than my neck... certainly longer lasting.

I hope you are getting some rest. Sleeping was hell for me.

Well the doc told me it normally takes him 4 pins to fix a really bad shoulder...mine took 7 so I guess I am special.....these wimpy percocets don't even touch the pain....

Markle

Markle

Wimps....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum