Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Veterans day

+5
Floridatexan
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
Sal
Hallmarkgard
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

16Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/11/2015, 11:50 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:Hallmark I want to just simply say a sincere thank you for sharing your memories of the journey you have taken . . . .

cheers

17Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/12/2015, 2:30 am

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Salinsky wrote:As a nation, we really need to get past this military fetish. It's unhealthy.

I'm a veteran, and I agree with you completely.

The world would be a whole lot more peaceful if the United States did not pose a threat to many so-called "adversaries." We are one of the most militant nations on this planet, as proven by history; especially since about 1945.

Yeah, we see how well much more PEACEFUL the world has become since semi-retired President Obama chose to both lead from behind and not threaten anyone but our friends and allies.

You wanted a vacuum, you got one, now it's filled with ISIS, other terrorist groups, Iran, Russia and China.

What a plan!

18Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/12/2015, 7:16 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle,

This thread is not the place to argue about that.  I'll reply to your post in the "Kohl's sucks" thread.

19Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/12/2015, 9:05 am

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Sal,

I now feel shitty about what you and I put in this thread.
It's Veterans Day and Hallmark didn't deserve his thread to be subjected to what you and I put in it.  He wasn't praising war or any of that.
Just sharing a part of his life experience.
The stuff you and I posted needed to be in a different thread,  not this one.

So for that reason,  I just deleted the posts I put in it.

Fuck it.

I'm sick of all the star-spangled bullshit.

20Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/12/2015, 9:18 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal,  I predicted this response from you about 3 seconds after I wrote that post.

Neil Young is now just an over-the-hill rock and roll singer.  Over the hill same as me and same as you. 
For once,  I'm going to agree with you about this age thing.  Us geezers,  Neil Young,  me and you,  need to all shut the fuck up.  It's time to hear from the younger Americans because they're the ones getting their arms and legs blown off,  their brains scrambled,  and their lives lost by all this madness.  Not me or you or Neil Fucking Young.  We're all sitting back living the life of Reilly (and I don't mean Bill although he's living as large as Young),  while the 20 and 30 year olds are doing all the suffering and dying.
So stop with that goddamn elevator music (as seaoat likes to call it).  Only geezers want to hear that shit anymore.

Face it,  bud.  You're pushing 50.  It's time to stop pretending you're the voice of the "young".  Maybe on this forum you are since the average age is werthers cough drops.  But not in the real world.

21Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/12/2015, 9:32 am

Sal has reached a level of enlightenment so pure that he can see no difference between being a citizen of the USA or iran, china, mexico... etc.

22Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/12/2015, 11:47 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I joined the Army in Aurora, CO after two miserable days hitchhiking from Leadville to Denver in February .... and after having an epiphany that I was, actually, not going to be America's next greatest singer/songwriter.  (I pawned the guitar .... they said I couldn't take it with me to basic)

They promised me 3 hots & a cot &  I promised them 4 years of following their rules.  I kept up my end of the deal & they kept up theirs .... so we're even.

It got me out of the cold at least ... and I don't feel so obligated to follow their rules anymore.   Cool

23Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/12/2015, 10:18 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Sal,  I predicted this response from you about 3 seconds after I wrote that post.

Neil Young is now just an over-the-hill rock and roll singer.  Over the hill same as me and same as you. 
For once,  I'm going to agree with you about this age thing.  Us geezers,  Neil Young,  me and you,  need to all shut the fuck up.  It's time to hear from the younger Americans because they're the ones getting their arms and legs blown off,  their brains scrambled,  and their lives lost by all this madness.  Not me or you or Neil Fucking Young.  We're all sitting back living the life of Reilly (and I don't mean Bill although he's living as large as Young),  while the 20 and 30 year olds are doing all the suffering and dying.
So stop with that goddamn elevator music (as seaoat likes to call it).  Only geezers want to hear that shit anymore.

Face it,  bud.  You're pushing 50.  It's time to stop pretending you're the voice of the "young".  Maybe on this forum you are since the average age is werthers cough drops.  But not in the real world.

Haha.

I'm all good now, Bob.

My FB page is back to baby pics, and puppy pics, and chicks making smoochie faces, and foodie pics, and sick burns regarding your favorite sports team's rivals.

As it should be.

That jingoistic militarism freaks me out.

24Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/13/2015, 1:07 am

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Markle,

This thread is not the place to argue about that.  I'll reply to your post in the "Kohl's sucks" thread.

I followed up on what was posted before me by our good friends ZVUGKTUBM and Salinsky.

25Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/13/2015, 8:42 am

Salinsky wrote:That is a great story told well and humbly.

I enjoyed reading it.

I don't mean to denigrate anyone's military service and no disrespect to you personally, Hallmark, but my take on Veteran's Day this year is a little different.

And that is, if the MIC could get a look at my FB page they would be grinning from ear to ear.

As a nation, we really need to get past this military fetish.

It's unhealthy.

Military fetish....seems like Seaoat, you have probably had a military guy steal a woman from you.

26Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/13/2015, 8:53 am

Sal

Sal

Obamasucks wrote:
Military fetish....seems like Seaoat, you have probably had a military guy steal a woman from you.

No, actually I've never had a guy "steal a woman" from me.

How's your wife, BTW?

Hahahahahahahahaha ....

27Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/13/2015, 9:04 am

So, I will play along with the OP

Enlisted Dec 26, 1981 DEP until April 82 (yes we had a long line of people wanting to join unlike today)

Apr 82-Jul 82 Parris Island SC Boot Camp
Jul 82- Sept 82 Assault Amphibian School Camp Pendleton CA
Sept 82- May 83 1st Tracked Vehicle BN Camp Schwab Okinawa
(Cold Weather Training Dec 83-Jan 83 Camp Fuji Japan and then also a trip to South Korea for Team Spirit Feb 83-Apr 83)
May 83-Feb 84 Permanent Personnel SUB UNIT ONE Camp Fuji Japan
*Best duty station I was ever at*
Mar 84-Apr 86 CLNC 2nd AAV BN Courthouse Bay 2nd Tracks B Co
EAS'ed and got bored while working construction and going to PJC
Mar 87- Mar 89 3rd Force Reconnaisance Co Mobile Al
Feb 91- Oct 91 C Company Tanks Tallahassee Fl
May 99 to present (Duke/Hurlburt Field) 919th SOW
-activated/deployed Dec 2001-Dec 2002
-activated/deployed Nov 2003-Mar 2004
-activated/deployed Dec 2004-April 2005
-activated/deployed May 2006-Oct 2006
-activated/deployed Jan 2008-May 2008
-activated/deployed Mar 2009-May 2009
-activated/deployed Aug 2010-Jan 2011
Cross trained twice out of initial AFSC (just requalified at Hulburt IFTU for my current mission), volunteered for every crazy thing I could do across the pond and somehow God watched over this fool and brought him home in one piece (physically anyhow). Convoys around BIAP and the greater Baghdad area were a blast.

Getting near the end of the career though. I might be able to reup after winning my battle against the Medical Evaluation Board earlier this year. If I can stay in, I will. My high year tenure is Aug 2020. Would love to do that day for day and still contribute. It might also allow me to hone some new skills I have and work as a contractor back across the pond.

It's been an awesome career. All those deployments cost me personally, but I am sure none of you cares and it is water under the bridge.

28Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/13/2015, 9:05 am

Salinsky wrote:
Obamasucks wrote:

How's your wife, BTW?

Hahahahahahahahaha ....

None of them have any of my retirements lolololol so who gets last laugh now?

29Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/13/2015, 12:14 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Obamasucks wrote:So, I will play along with the OP

Enlisted Dec 26, 1981 DEP until April 82 (yes we had a long line of people wanting to join unlike today)

Apr 82-Jul 82 Parris Island SC Boot Camp
Jul 82- Sept 82 Assault Amphibian School Camp Pendleton CA
Sept 82- May 83 1st Tracked Vehicle BN Camp Schwab Okinawa
(Cold Weather Training Dec 83-Jan 83 Camp Fuji Japan and then also a trip to South Korea for Team Spirit Feb 83-Apr 83)
May 83-Feb 84 Permanent Personnel SUB UNIT ONE Camp Fuji Japan
*Best duty station I was ever at*
Mar 84-Apr 86 CLNC 2nd AAV BN Courthouse Bay 2nd Tracks B Co
EAS'ed and got bored while working construction and going to PJC
Mar 87- Mar 89 3rd Force Reconnaisance Co Mobile Al
Feb 91- Oct 91 C Company Tanks Tallahassee Fl
May 99 to present (Duke/Hurlburt Field) 919th SOW
-activated/deployed Dec 2001-Dec 2002
-activated/deployed Nov 2003-Mar 2004
-activated/deployed Dec 2004-April 2005
-activated/deployed May 2006-Oct 2006
-activated/deployed Jan 2008-May 2008
-activated/deployed Mar 2009-May 2009
-activated/deployed Aug 2010-Jan 2011
Cross trained twice out of initial AFSC (just requalified at Hulburt IFTU for my current mission), volunteered for every crazy thing I could do across the pond and somehow God watched over this fool and brought him home in one piece (physically anyhow). Convoys around BIAP and the greater Baghdad area were a blast.

Getting near the end of the career though. I might be able to reup after winning my battle against the Medical Evaluation Board earlier this year. If I can stay in, I will. My high year tenure is Aug 2020. Would love to do that day for day and still contribute. It might also allow me to hone some new skills I have and work as a contractor back across the pond.

It's been an awesome career. All those deployments cost me personally, but I am sure none of you cares and it is water under the bridge.

Your service is appreciated....good luck to you with the Medical Board.

30Veterans day - Page 2 Empty Re: Veterans day 11/25/2015, 10:21 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Salinsky wrote:

Is that because they didn't have to "steal" them because they practically ran to the other guy ... screaming hysterically sometimes?  Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum