Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally some intelligent conversations

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Went over to the dog track to play a little poker, and what a relief......intelligent fun loving people who actually are in the normal intelligent range. Three or four retired military, a physical therapy owner, a couple young people, and a retired teacher. What fun. I asked did anybody drive over from Santa Rosa County, and only one person at the table did.....mostly Pensacola folk. Finally, a day not being surrounded by Pace folks. I flop a straight, and a bettor bets 15, I call, the third guy raises to 30, and the original raiser calls, I go all in.....the raiser calls, and the other guy drops out. I have won 150 and had 250 all in, a flip over my straight and the guy has jacks and lets out a sigh, and it runs diamond, diamond, and he goes to muck his hand, and everybody tells him to stop, he has a flush........he apologizes as do everybody at the table because nobody not in the hand should have been talking, and I tell them I would never take his money on that mistake......what fun and honest people....usually people do not apologize.....So now I am down my original 100, and the State of Florida is now allowing carnival table games in the poker room and they have just put in a three card poker game with some funky odds, but in about ten minutes I get four straights in a row and the fifth hand was a flush......up a hundred, and three hands later I get three aces after I lowered my bet and won 140 after tips for a three hundred and forty dollar swing as I wanted to get home and watch the Bears......finally a day with no Pace stories to tell.....at least I know the retired military guys are fun, intelligent, and do not live in Pace.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum