Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BLS Employment Situation: 271,000 jobs added to the economy in October

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=467002&cust=mam&year=2015&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Great day for Americans. Terrible day for republicans.

Bring on that rate hike! Nonfarm payrolls surged 271,000 in October vs expectations for 190,000 and against Econoday's top-end forecast for 240,000. Revisions in prior months are not a factor. The unemployment rate is down 1 tenth at 5.0 percent with average hourly, to underscore all the strength and in a hint of wage inflation, jumping 0.4 percent. Government payrolls, up only 3,000, did not inflate the headline payroll gain as private payrolls rose 268,000.

Among the superlatives, the 271,000 rise for nonfarm payrolls is the strongest since December last year. The 5.0 percent unemployment rate is the lowest since April 2008. The broadly defined U-6 unemployment rate, a favorite of Janet Yellen's, is down 2 tenths to 9.8 percent for the lowest reading since May 2008. The year-on-year rate for average hourly earnings, at plus 2.5 percent, is the strongest since July 2009.

Payrolls in professional & business services surged 78,000 in the month with the subcomponent of temporary help services - considered a leading indicator for future hiring - up a very strong 25,000. Trade & transportation rose 51,000 while retail trade, which is gearing up for the holidays, rose 44,000. Construction spending is strong and payrolls show it, up 31,000 in the month. But the tide failed to lift the export-hit manufacturing sector where payrolls were unable to rise, unchanged in the month following two prior declines.

But there is favorable news on manufacturing as weekly hours in the sector edged higher to 40.7 with overtime also edging up, to 3.3 hours. These point to badly needed strength for industrial production. Other readings include no change for average weekly hours at 34.5, no change in the labor force participation rate at 62.4 percent, but a 1 tenth rise in the employment-to-population ratio to 59.3 percent.

Turning back to payroll revisions, September is revised 5,000 lower to 137,000 with August revised 17,000 higher to 153,000 for a net 12,000 gain. There's still one more employment report to go before the December FOMC - and anything of course can happen - but it seems academic following today's report which points to a pivot higher for an economy where domestic strength is offsetting foreign weakness.

boards of FL

boards of FL

And this brings the grand total to 9.2 million private sector jobs created during the Obama era. If we combine both Bush presidencies, we see that only 1 million private sector jobs were added. So Obama is crushing - absolutely crushing - the last two republican presidents combined. If we throw Clinton into the mix - which we saw 21 million jobs added - we see the big picture. Over 30 million jobs added under the last two democratic presidents versus a paltry 1 million jobs during the last two republican presidents.

30:1

boards of FL

boards of FL

Let's all take a moment to have a good laugh!

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t20926-boards-is-a-douche-bag

TEOTWAWKI wrote:1 Boards, you asked once when TS-will-HTF ..I have a date for you

on or before Nov 1, 2015

If it doesn't,.....I will change my avatar to teogoofy.....If this forum still exists....

BLS Employment Situation: 271,000 jobs added to the economy in October ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fth03.deviantart.net%2Ffs70%2FPRE%2Ff%2F2012%2F275%2F8%2F1%2Fgoofy_digitally_remastered_by_mariobrothers120-d5glz3t

Martial law anywhere in the continental US or a market crash of 20% or more will be considered as TSHTF

Present day.....DJIA    17,373.38
minus..........20%..........3474.67
TSHTF......................13,898.70

boards of FL

boards of FL

Drink it in, comrades.

Sal

Sal

BLS Employment Situation: 271,000 jobs added to the economy in October Screen-Shot-2015-11-06-at-8.27.16-AM

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Salinsky wrote:BLS Employment Situation: 271,000 jobs added to the economy in October Screen-Shot-2015-11-06-at-8.27.16-AM

WOW!!!! Then why do Republicans long to return to the good old days under President George W. Bush?

Actually, they are looking fore the next Reagan. If Reagan had not decided to rob future generations and make perpetual deficit spending an institution in the United States, his economy would have sucked worse than the one we have now. He got in on the scheme (massive deficit spending) early, so it makes him artificially look good.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

polecat

polecat

Unemployment falls to 5.0% in October with 271,000 jobs created. Tune into FOX to not hear more!- John Fugelsang

boards of FL

boards of FL

LABER FORS PARTICUHPAYSION RAYTE!!!1111111 LABER FORS PARTICHUPAYSION RAYTE!!!1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum