Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You might not like huckabee but he makes a great point

+2
Wordslinger
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

"It's sick and infuriating that ISIS rats may have exploded this Russian passenger plane and murdered 224 innocent people on board. What will it take for President Obama to wake-up and realize radical Islam is at war with the civilized world? "Hope" is not a national security strategy, and it's time for this idealistic, incompetent White House to grow a spine and some basic sense. You don't negotiate with cancer, you kill it before it kills you first."

- Mike Huckabee

We need to stop pouring any resources into that region... not one more red cent.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Obamasucks wrote:
"It's sick and infuriating that ISIS rats may have exploded this Russian passenger plane and murdered 224 innocent people on board. What will it take for President Obama to wake-up and realize radical Islam is at war with the civilized world? "Hope" is not a national security strategy, and it's time for this idealistic, incompetent White House to grow a spine and some basic sense. You don't negotiate with cancer, you kill it before it kills you first."

- Mike Huckabee

What would this character do,  obamasucks.  Start another full scale war in the middle east?  Because,  like so many other political pundits,  all he's said here is Obama sucks (like you do) and whatever Obama is doing is wrong.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"Grow a spine". 

Well at least if Obama was to grow a spine we could see it.
Unfortunately if this guy was to grow a spine we wouldn't even know it because it would be underneath all that blubber.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:We need to stop pouring any resources into that region... not one more red cent.

That will never happen.  There is far too much money being made by defense contractors from our pouring resources into that region.  And just like Wall Street has a lot of influence on what our economic policy becomes,  defense contractors have a lot of clout in influencing what our foreign policy and military policy becomes.  Don't forget,  the CEO of Halliburton went back through the revolving door and ended up being the chief advisor to our Commander-in-Chief.  And we all should take heed and listen to what Bush 41 is now telling us about that individual.

It was a Republican President who warned us about this in the fifties.  And if he was still alive today he'd say "I told you so".

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Obamasucks wrote:

- Mike Huckabee

In a press conference yesterday, President Obama said that there is evidence that suggests that it was a terrorist bomb that destroyed the Russian air liner. Reality.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I am sure Putin will extract payback and I wouldn't want to be in the blast radius.

Eisenhower talked a good game much like obama. But the truth is he was ramping up the korean and cold war.

Results are all that matter to me politically anymore. Bush2 talked good small constitutional govt too... a total lie.

dumpcare

Huckabee may have made a good point and I would imagine that Obama may see an out this week with the plane apparently being an act of ISIS. Let the Russian's at them and we back away.

We need to stop being the world's police department. Let the Russian's take over a while.

Unless you want a war.

Bob wrote:
Obamasucks wrote:

- Mike Huckabee

What would this character do,  obamasucks.  Start another full scale war in the middle east?  Because,  like so many other political pundits,  all he's said here is Obama sucks (like you do) and whatever Obama is doing is wrong.

Playing at war is just as much a waste to our country as actually doing it full blast. It's alienating allies in the region and enabling enemies.

Wordslinger wrote:
Obamasucks wrote:

- Mike Huckabee

In a press conference yesterday, President Obama said that there is evidence that suggests that it was a terrorist bomb that destroyed the Russian air liner. Reality.

Did he call it Islamic extremism? nope....just like Bill Maher has said, he won't do so.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Obamasucks wrote:

Playing at war is just as much a waste to our country as actually doing it full blast. 

Finally we've gotten through to you.  And you finally admit that either playing at a war in the middle east or doing a war full blast in the middle east,  is a waste to our country.
There's hope for you yet.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Obamasucks wrote:
Did he call it Islamic extremism? nope....just like Bill Maher has said, he won't do so.

Damn,  I'm in agreement with you on this too.  Maybe you're not a right-wing teabagger afterall and instead you're a toaster like me.

But if that's the case you need to get out of that Pace shithole and come live in East Hill with all us normal people.  Yesterday I noticed a nice little house for sale way on the other side of east hill from me which would be perfect for you.
But of course it's WAY overpriced for what you get like everything else in East Hill.  So you better cash in your military and school retirement to be able to afford it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:Eisenhower talked a good game much like obama. But the truth is he was ramping up the korean and cold war.

Results are all that matter to me politically anymore. Bush2 talked good small constitutional govt too... a total lie.

As cynical as I am it's surprising I missed this observation.  But I can't argue with it,  that's for sure.  And not only that,  but if memory serves me correctly,  that Vietnam insanity began on Ike's watch as well.  And he definitely was the Commander-in-Chief when the U.S. government threw out the elected leader of Iran and replaced him with a U.S. puppet dictator.

What he did would be like if Jesus was preaching to all the rest of us to turn the other cheek,  when in actuality Jesus himself was punching people out in the background.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

peace just isn't profitable....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:peace just isn't profitable....

Yep.  And I'm beginning to think you and I missed the boat.  We should have gone into the military contracting business like the smart money did.  I coulda made a lot more dough on that than those lousy jukeboxes.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:peace just isn't profitable....

Yep.  And I'm beginning to think you and I missed the boat.  We should have gone into the military contracting business like the smart money did.  I coulda made a lot more dough on that than those lousy jukeboxes.

Blood money

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Blood money

True.  But a lot of blood was spilled competing to get those jukeboxes too. 
One dude got maimed for life when he went into a rickety old warehouse in Houma.  The termites had eaten up the ceiling joists and the ceiling was literally resting on top of the jukeboxes.  When he went to remove one of them,  the ceiling came down on top of him.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well at least he wasn't sent in to the barn by some asshole politician....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This reminds me of another true story,  teo.

There was an old jukebox operator in Laurel MS.  named Sam Bowers.
He called his company Sambo Amusment Company.
That was a takeoff both on his name and on Little Black Sambo.
Bowers was at one time the Grand Wizard of the Mississippi Ku Klux Klan.
You may have heard of him.  He murdered a black civil rights activist and got away with it for decades because no jury would convict him.  And then after he got old,  they finally were able to convict him and put him in prison.

But between the murder and his eventually going to prison,  I was buying antique jukeboxes and other old coin-op machines from him.  What can I say,  I'm a whore.  If I didn't buy them and profit off of it somebody else would have.
Anyways,  I'll never forget first going into his warehouse.  The thing had tarps hanging from the ceiling all over it.  And the tarps were filled with rainwater.
I asked one of his workers what that was all about.  And what he told me was astonishing.
It seems old Sam was a skinflint like me.  And a packrat and a hoarder.
Whenever he changed the oil in his vehicles,  he didn't dispose of the used oil.  He saved it in barrels.  Had years of it stored up because he figured one day he could put it to use for something.

Well apparently that one day came.  He never spent any money on roof repairs so the roof started leaking all over the thing.
Sam got the brilliant idea of how to patch the roof.  He mixed flour with the used motor oil and thought that would make a good roof patching material to stop the leaking.

I asked the worker if it worked.  He laughed and said after they got up there and patched the roof with that mess and the first rain came,  instead of water leaking from the roof,  it was like molasses leaking from the roof instead.  Everything including the people were covered in it.

So old Sam abandoned that idea and bought a bunch of tarps and hung them from the ceiling to catch the water (and the molasses).  And when I got there what I saw was tarps full of water about to come down on my head.  Needless to say I worked really quick to get the jukeboxes out of there and onto my truck.

He really was a crazy old fuck.  That was his main warehouse but he had other warehouses scattered around town.  Even though he was a millionaire,  he drove me around to those other warehouses in his wore out old Ford Pinto which would barely run. 
Won't ever forget it.

When he finally went to prison,  he turned the whole thing over to this kid who worked for him named Harmon.  Harmon called us back to buy the rest of the stuff and old Harmon bragged that he was keeping all the money and screwing the old boy out of it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Interesting character.....not to bright but a genius by seaoat standards...$$

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Obamasucks wrote:It's alienating allies in the region and enabling enemies.

Who cares if Obama alienates that blowhard Bibi Netanyahu? Should she be elected in 2016, I hope Hillary keeps Bibi at arms length, too. He is a loudmouth troublemaker.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

polecat

polecat

Gin & Tacos

The Grift

Being shitty at running for president has worked out pretty well for Mike Huckabee when you think about it. Given that the sum total of his political achievements is winning the 2008 Iowa Caucus and being elected Governor of Dogpatch twice, the man is fabulously well-off. In 2008 and again in 2016 he has used other people's money to run for president not with the expectation of winning but to give priceless publicity to the Mike Huckabee Brand. And before you chuckle at that dismissively, remember just how lucrative Beltway Welfare can be. Speaking fees at right-wing events, AM Radio and Fox News hosting gigs, book deals, personal brand stuff on the internet…this man has no doubt been earning millions of dollars per year since leaving elected office in 2006. And it has been for remarkably easy work.

It's hard to say that running for president and getting creamed has not worked out very well for Mr. Huckabee and his family. That's why New York mag asking "Is Ben Carson Running for President?" is long overdue. As I've been saying for…well, years, I guess…the line between self-promotion and campaigning has long since become indistinct. These people who have zero chance of winning the nomination are hanging around for one reason, and it isn't because they like doing a debate every two weeks. Even those doing well like Carson and Trump aren't clearly Serious Candidates as opposed to two guys trolling. Trolling hard.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

polecat wrote:Gin & Tacos

The Grift

Being shitty at running for president has worked out pretty well for Mike Huckabee when you think about it. Given that the sum total of his political achievements is winning the 2008 Iowa Caucus and being elected Governor of Dogpatch twice, the man is fabulously well-off. In 2008 and again in 2016 he has used other people's money to run for president not with the expectation of winning but to give priceless publicity to the Mike Huckabee Brand. And before you chuckle at that dismissively, remember just how lucrative Beltway Welfare can be. Speaking fees at right-wing events, AM Radio and Fox News hosting gigs, book deals, personal brand stuff on the internet…this man has no doubt been earning millions of dollars per year since leaving elected office in 2006. And it has been for remarkably easy work.

It's hard to say that running for president and getting creamed has not worked out very well for Mr. Huckabee and his family. That's why New York mag asking "Is Ben Carson Running for President?" is long overdue. As I've been saying for…well, years, I guess…the line between self-promotion and campaigning has long since become indistinct. These people who have zero chance of winning the nomination are hanging around for one reason, and it isn't because they like doing a debate every two week

Same can be said about Sarah Palin.  Except to the benefit of our country,  she isn't repeating it again this time. 
Looks like Hucklebee plans to do it repeatedly.
And of course this isn't Trump's first rodeo either.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

polecat,

After reading your post I was curious to know what Hucklebee's net worth is.
I found this website which purports to give that figure for all the current candidates of both parties.

Hucklebee comes in at $5 million (tied with Santorum).

But this dude must be the most honest of all.  Because his net worth is a minus figure.  Unfortunately he's no longer in the race...

http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/stories/3918/net-worth-2016-presidential-candidates#3-scott-walker

If you want to see the net worth of all the others just click the left or right button below the photo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum