Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm going to get to meet up with the Pope

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The thread title is not really lying,  it's just describing the enormity of the opportunity I now have.  And when it comes to the degree of celebrity around the world,  the comparison is not truly accurate but it does convey that both are in the same ballpark.

And where the two DO NOT compare,  is trying to be in the presence of the Pope is a monumental undertaking.  I would have had to fly to the northeast and get to where the Pope could be seen and then look at him through binoculars if I was lucky.

But not for this.  All I have to do is drive over to Books-A-Million sunday afternoon and I will get to be in the presence of one of the most talked about individuals in the world at this time.
Plus I can get a frappucino and read the antique price guides for free while I'm in there.
What's not to like.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

After I discovered this opportunity (first heard about it from ppaca's post) I told a friend about it in a phone call this morning.
He responded "man that's gonna be all blacks there".

He keeps up with politics so it surprised me to hear him make such a statement.  But then again we are so conditioned, so am I, to believe black people always support black people,  that it's the logical response to have.
I pointed out that,  no,  Dr. Carson doesn't appeal to black voters,  he appeals to conservative white voters.  To which he then replied "damn I wasn't thinking".

Irony so thick you can't cut it with a chain saw.  That's one of the many reasons I want to eyeball him and listen to him in person.

Sal

Sal

Ask him if he would recommend a good glyconutrient.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:Ask him if he would recommend a good glyconutrient.

Sal,  if I get the opportunity to ask one question of him,  that is the best one I could ask.  lol
But my guess is that the only people who will even get a nod out of him,  are the ones who stand in line after paying 40 clams for the book.
I'm so cheap that I've decided to take ppaca's suggestion.  He just stopped by and pointed out that I don't have to pay the five bucks for the store frappucino,  because I can make one at home,  put it in a thermos and carry it in in my cargo pants.
The day I pay forty dollars for a stack of paper inside two pieces of cardboard,  is the day hell will not only have froze over,  it will be the global warming version of hell freezing over and it will probably freeze over the lake of fire too.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've actually bought hardcover books at yard sales for a quarter though.
They make some really good starter fuel for the outdoor fireplace.
Paperbacks too,  but the cardboard in the hardcovers is better fuel than that thin shit they make the paperback covers with.
It's like Fahrenheit 451 around here.  Or a Nazi book burning rally.  lol

dumpcare

Hey Bob, if you have to go early to wait in line you might want to take a sack lunch.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:Hey Bob, if you have to go early to wait in line you might want to take a sack lunch.

If there's gonna be a whole lot of people and big lines to even get in the place,  I might have to go to plan B.
Plan B is the same strategy I'm using for the World Series.  I watch it at home on tv.  That way I can experience it with adult beverages. 
But I would prefer to have some semblance of a personal encounter with him like I did Hubert Humphrey. 
So far I've only done that with Ronald Reagan and Newt Gingrich.  Both at the airport.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm going to get to meet up with the Pope Ben10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For once in my life I'd like to know what it's like to have that clout.
He just pulls his bus right up to the front door anywhere he goes.
No handicap sticker.  No caring about other motorists or other customers.
No nothing.
Just once I'd like to experience that.  lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

My wife had to get something at Party City this afternoon, which is adjacent to Books-a-Million.

She called me and said there are throngs of people jamming that store waiting to meet Dr. Carson. They are outside in the rain and they are filling every space inside. All white people, too.

His team picked the best day of the week to come to Pensacola. Some of his biggest followers are angry-mad, white, right-leaning, Christian evangelicals. Their pastors were likely talking-up Ben Carson during today's sermons, and after church, they all went to get something to eat, and surged toward Books-a-Million to meet with Dr. Carson.

Fundamentalists have a persecution complex this year. You can read about it in a CNN article that has been up on the CNN website the past couple of days:

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2015/10/politics/fear-voting-christian-right/

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

dumpcare

I wondered if you went Bob, wear tv had pics on their FB page and a video with Ricki Vann reporting, I didn't see you in the crowd. They were out of books before he arrived.

dumpcare

Just saw on their FB page when he arrived his publishing company sent another 1000 books.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

When I got there I woulda had to park down by Planet Fitness and it was drizzling rain. 
The mailman may not be deterred by rain but I am.  lol

dumpcare

Well there were people that arrived at 630 this morning and when the manager got there (even though not open) let them in. I guess you saw him arrive around 3 or 330? You could have sold hot dogs to the people that had been waiting all day.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Were you able to learn how he's traveling?  Is he flying from place to place and then using the bus locally?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ben-carson-temporarily-stops-campaign-events-to-do-book-tour/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca,

When I played back the 10 oclock coverage on Channel 3,  I didn't see even one black face in all that throng of white people.

dumpcare

When they showed it at 5PM yesterday I saw one black guy.

I don't know how he travels but it showed Bob Solarski interviewing him in the motor home while it was traveling, could have been going to airport or someone following for Bob to catch a ride back.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:When they showed it at 5PM yesterday I saw one black guy.

I don't know how he travels but it showed Bob Solarski interviewing him in the motor home while it was traveling, could have been going to airport or someone following for Bob to catch a ride back.

Yes it does look like he took the bus from here to Panama Shitty at least.  So he's flying and riding the bus both.

It's really quite remarkable to see a black candidate leading the polls and no black people to speak of are supporting him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum