Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jeb Bush has 'a lot of cool things' he'd rather be doing instead of running for president

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/jeb-bush-has-a-lot-of-cool-things-hed-rather-be-doing-instead-of-running-for-president/comments/#disqus

GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush doesn’t sound too enthusiastic about the prospect of running or even winning in the upcoming election.

CNN’s Jack Tapper reports Bush made the less-than-joyous comments in South Carolina on Saturday. The former Florida governor and younger brother of President George W. Bush seemed frustrated with the political stand-offs that have come to characterize the American government, and the mud slinging of the current election season.

“If this election is about how we’re going to fight to get nothing done, then… I don’t want any part of it,” Bush reportedly said. “I don’t want to be elected president to sit around and see gridlock just become so dominant that people literally are in decline in their lives.”

He then took a swing at his GOP rival, Donald Trump.

“I’ve got a lot of really cool things I could do other than sit around, being miserable, listening to people demonize me and me feeling compelled to demonize them,” he said. “That is a joke. Elect Trump if you want that.”

Bush’s campaign slashed salaries and reduced staff numbers as of Friday in an apparent effort to save money and target resources to early voting states, Reuters reported. The move came as his poll numbers with Republican voters slid downward.

Bush and Trump have had a long-standing cantankerous rapport, as highlighted in recent debates.

A Bush fundraiser who spoke to the Washington Post on condition of anonymity said things are not looking optimistic for Bush’s 2016 presidential efforts.

“It feels very much like a death spiral, and it breaks my heart. I don’t know anyone who wants to reinvest now,” the source said, adding the campaign has been “head-scratchingly bad in every element. I wouldn’t be shocked in 60 days from now if he wasn’t in the race.”

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

He thought he was the big cheese and couldn't handle being overrun by the Trump show. 
Too bad the democrats didn't have somebody to do the same to their nepotism candidate.

“I don’t want to be elected president to sit around and see gridlock just become so dominant that people literally are in decline in their lives.”

Just another govt solution progressive that thinks unless govt is fully engaged in our lives that we are declining.

Good riddance.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:He thought he was the big cheese and couldn't handle being overrun by the Trump show. 

Too bad the democrats didn't have somebody to do the same to their nepotism candidate.

You obviously know little or nothing about the Bush family or just want to spew hatred out of sheer spite.

I was fortunate enough to meet Jeb Bush when he was Governor of Florida. He and the entire family are both humble and generous.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:He thought he was the big cheese and couldn't handle being overrun by the Trump show. 

You obviously know little or nothing about the Bush family or just want to spew hatred out of sheer spite.

I was fortunate enough to meet Jeb Bush when he was Governor of Florida.  He and the entire family are both humble and generous.

Why do you think Jeb went down in the polls after Trump kept reminding people that Jeb is George's brother.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum