Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Peg Leg Pete's

+2
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Peg Leg Pete's Empty Peg Leg Pete's 10/22/2015, 7:46 pm

2seaoat

Probably going on 25 years of going there and had an awful experience last night. Crowded with tourists, terrible food, and poor service. I can remember in the late 70s when my wife and I could go to Barracudas on Navarre Beach and have a quality lunch with a tuna Salad with huge chunks of tuna and fresh greens, fresh bread, great grouper sandwiches and potato salad to die for with a price of less than five bucks at lunch. The people were laid back and not so damn offensive. The Grouper sandwich I had last night I would not feed to my dog, and the oysters Rockefeller must have had somebody drunk preparing them.......I was shocked........maybe there making so much money with a waiting line for 15 minutes, that quality does not matter. I am hating the beach more and more.......thank God we can still go down to the far end of Navarre Beach and put our chairs in the sand and enjoy God's gift.......the Devil has won the day in PB.

2Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/22/2015, 9:42 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hate you had a bad meal....

3Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/22/2015, 10:25 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Go to Marina Oyster Barn for the fried shrimp.  Get it with the coleslaw and new potatoes.

4Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/22/2015, 10:32 pm

Sal

Sal

I don't understand why anyone eats at any restaurant on the beach.

They have a captive audience and no motivation for quality.

5Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/22/2015, 10:40 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:I don't understand why anyone eats at any restaurant on the beach.

They have a captive audience and no motivation for quality.

That's generally the case.  But Peg Leg Pete's is popular with the locals here too.

But I know you're gonna say that's only because the P'Cola locals are backwoods retards.  lol

6Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/22/2015, 10:43 pm

Sal

Sal

No, it's about profit margin.

If it took backwoods hicks in Pcola a long time to realize that, it's unsurprising.

7Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/22/2015, 11:07 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:No, it's about profit margin.

If it took backwoods hicks in Pcola a long time to realize that, it's unsurprising.

Are you telling me I can't find any good restaurant on the beaches in the Tampa Bay area?

8Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/22/2015, 11:11 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So,  with all the restaurants on these lists which get high customer ratings,  not one of them deserves it? 
Is this a conspiracy like Larry Silverstein blowing up the World Trade Center.  And ALL of these people giving the positive reviews are paid shills?  lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=best+beach+restaurants+in+tampa+bay&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

9Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 12:12 am

2seaoat

I was greatly disappointed as that was my first bad meal there in 25 years.

10Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 9:27 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

In all honestly, Peg Legs was never that good.  It's deep fried sea food baskets for the most part.

If you want good restaurants on the beach, go to either the Grand Marlin or Red Fish Blue Fish.  

If you go to Red Fish Blue Fish, sit outside on the grass under an umbrella for the true experience.  

Grand Marlin is your best bet if you're set on having seafood.  Red Fish Blue Fish is a mix of tacos, burgers, fish & chips, etc.  Grand Marlin is more fresh grilled fish.  Menu changes daily depending on what they have in.  Great atmosphere.

11Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 10:32 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:In all honestly, Peg Legs was never that good.  It's deep fried sea food baskets for the most part.

If you want good restaurants on the beach, go to either the Grand Marlin or Red Fish Blue Fish.  

If you go to Red Fish Blue Fish, sit outside on the grass under an umbrella for the true experience.  

Grand Marlin is your best bet if you're set on having seafood.  Red Fish Blue Fish is a mix of tacos, burgers, fish & chips, etc.  Grand Marlin is more fresh grilled fish.  Menu changes daily depending on what they have in.  Great atmosphere.

Good grief.....Peg Leg's is a year round favorite for casual dining. The food is great. Red Fish Blue Fish offers outside dining and ambiance. The food is mediocre at best.

12Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 10:46 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:In all honestly, Peg Legs was never that good.  It's deep fried sea food baskets for the most part.

Good grief.....Peg Leg's is a year round favorite for casual dining. The food is great. Red Fish Blue Fish offers outside dining and ambiance. The food is mediocre at best.

I didn't say it wasn't a local favorite.  It is.  But the food sucks.  2seaoat appears to agree.

Joani, what is the best dish at Peg Leg Pete's?  I'll concede that many say they have the best oysters which may be the case (I don't eat oysters).  But outside of that, what is good Peg Leg Pete's (besides the atmosphere)?

13Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 10:51 am

polecat

polecat

Its bar food and bar food quality. If I want fried fish I go to Slips, good as any where else and the price is right.

14Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 11:08 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I didn't say it wasn't a local favorite.  It is.  But the food sucks.  2seaoat appears to agree.

Joani, what is the best dish at Peg Leg Pete's?  I'll concede that many say they have the best oysters which may be the case (I don't eat oysters).  But outside of that, what is good Peg Leg Pete's (besides the atmosphere)?

No....Seaoat said, "I was greatly disappointed as that was my first bad meal there in 25 years."

I said, it is a local favorite and the food is great.

My favorites are Baked Oysters Parmesean, Fried Shrimp and Oyster dinner. The little one's like the shrimp and grouper nuggets. Cole slaw is good. Downstairs is fried foods....we are down there most of the time so the kids can play and dance to the live music.

Spinach artichoke dip is good....one daughter doesn't eat seafood, she like the French dip.

We always enjoy the food and atmosphere.....whether it's just two of us or 16.

15Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 11:27 am

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:So,  with all the restaurants on these lists which get high customer ratings,  not one of them deserves it? 
Is this a conspiracy like Larry Silverstein blowing up the World Trade Center.  And ALL of these people giving the positive reviews are paid shills?  lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=best+beach+restaurants+in+tampa+bay&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Circles is pretty good, but it's not on the beach, it's on the Bay, and that's a different animal.

And, the Sandbar is good on Anna Maria Island, but it's kind of pricey.

The rest of the restaurants on the list suck or I haven't been to, but the truth be told, even the food at Circles and Sandbar is easily matched at Bone Fish and Mitchell's.

16Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 11:33 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

No....Seaoat said,  "I was greatly disappointed as that was my first bad meal there in 25 years."

I said,  it is a local favorite and the food is great.

My favorites are Baked Oysters Parmesean,  Fried Shrimp and Oyster dinner. The little one's like the shrimp and grouper nuggets. Cole slaw is good. Downstairs is fried foods....we are down there most of the time so the kids can play and dance to the live music.

Spinach artichoke dip is good....one daughter doesn't eat seafood, she like the French dip.

2seaoat clearly just said the food sucked. Everyone can clearly see his post so there not point spinning it.

If you think Peg Leg's is serving good food, I feel sorry for you. Get out more.

We will simply have to agree to disagree on that one.

17Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 11:36 am

Sal

Sal

This place has the best seafood in the area ...

http://www.starfishcompany.com/starfishcompany/rest.html

It's on the water in an authentic fishing village, so the seafood is right off the boats.

Cash only and outside eating only, but the food is outstanding.

It's more Bradenton/Sarasota, but it's worth the drive and close to the beaches.

18Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 11:41 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

No....Seaoat said,  "I was greatly disappointed as that was my first bad meal there in 25 years."

My favorites are Baked Oysters Parmesean,  Fried Shrimp and Oyster dinner. The little one's like the shrimp and grouper nuggets. Cole slaw is good. Downstairs is fried foods....we are down there most of the time so the kids can play and dance to the live music.

2seaoat clearly just said the food sucked.  Everyone can clearly see his post so there not point spinning it.  

If you think Peg Leg's is serving good food, I feel sorry for you.  Get out more.

LOL.....SPIN IT!

You are absolutely right....Seaoat did not have a good experience. It was his first bad experience in 25 years.

You already admitted you don't eat oysters....Oysters are the most popular item at Peg Leg's. Keep those reviews coming.

19Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 4:31 pm

I love Peg Legs. Had only one bad experience with a waitress - once. Went there couple of weeks ago after church and I always get oysters. Their oysters are the best. I like Oysters Rockefeller, but I will eat their sampler plate as well. Sorry you had a bad experience Seaoat. Give it another try.

20Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 4:56 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's my idea of eating out and entertainment in Pensacola.
But sorry,  Sal,  this will only be available to seniors.

Next Thursday,  you and your SO can get a wonderful meal at Sam's Club.
It's the latest form of dining called grazing.   And it's all free of charge.
Then after your meal,  head to the Fairgrounds and get there before 2:00 PM.
Admission is then free for seniors.  And not only will you get to see all the sights and sounds and smells of the Midway,  at 3:30 you'll get to see a live concert of the legendary musical group The Coasters.

You really don't have to spend any money eat out and see live entertainment.

21Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 5:24 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

2seaoat clearly just said the food sucked.  Everyone can clearly see his post so there not point spinning it.  

If you think Peg Leg's is serving good food, I feel sorry for you.  Get out more.

LOL.....SPIN IT!

You are absolutely right....Seaoat did not have a good experience. It was his first bad experience in 25 years.

You already admitted you don't eat oysters....Oysters are the most popular item at Peg Leg's. Keep those reviews coming.

Perhaps my palate is simply more developed than yours.

22Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 5:25 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:Here's my idea of eating out and entertainment in Pensacola.
But sorry,  Sal,  this will only be available to seniors.

Next Thursday,  you and your SO can get a wonderful meal at Sam's Club.
It's the latest form of dining called grazing.   And it's all free of charge.
Then after your meal,  head to the Fairgrounds and get there before 2:00 PM.
Admission is then free for seniors.  And not only will you get to see all the sights and sounds and smells of the Midway,  at 3:30 you'll get to see a live concert of the legendary musical group The Coasters.

You really don't have to spend any money eat out and see live entertainment.

LOL Years ago my Swedish neighbor invited my mom to go with him and his wife to lunch.

He took them to Sam's....and in his Swedish accent told mom to keep circulating as many times as she wanted. Mom thought it was hilarious.

23Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 5:31 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

LOL.....SPIN IT!

Perhaps my palate is simply more developed than yours.

I really don't think so....but you continue to believe whatever you want. BTW...how many meals in 25 years did Seaoat enjoy at Peg Leg's?

24Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 7:05 pm

2seaoat

I have eaten there no more than 20 times in that time period. I lived out of Barracudas on NB and the old Holiday Inn breakfast buffets, and went to the best New Years eve Party there so it was not that often that I would hit Flounders and Peg legs and I always have broiled fish, and not too keen on anything fried. The oysters were always a sure thing, but I guess even Ted Williams would strike out......just a terrible meal which was a surprise because my wife and I got to the car and agreed 100% that the quality was not there. I will try it again in colder weather when the tourist are gone, but I am going to find another commercial fish place and see how it compares tonight. No fish house tonight. Maybe Sunday afternoon before we leave.

I remember less than a buck an oyster shucked right at the bar at so many places twenty five years ago, but I only drink non alcoholic beer now and its hard to find buck oysters anymore.

25Peg Leg Pete's Empty Re: Peg Leg Pete's 10/23/2015, 7:59 pm

Sal

Sal

You shouldn't be eating raw oysters with a compromised immune system.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum