Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Semi-retired President Obama's home state has a solution to budget problems. SELL LOTTO TICKETS, DON'T PAY WINNERS.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Semi-retired President Obama's home state has a solution to budget problems. SELL LOTTO TICKETS, DON'T PAY WINNERS.

Seriously this is real, not made up. Illinois is advertising and selling Lotto tickets but only paying winners of less than $600.00.
The lottery is akin to the magical kingdom where dreams come true. In New York, their constant advertisements on television assure us that all you need is “a dollar and a dream.” Sure, your odds of hitting the big, top level jackpot are significantly worse than getting hit by lightning while being attacked by a shark, but hey… somebody’s got to win, right? And every week somebody does, leading to a huge weight off their minds if they were financially struggling.

Unless, of course, they happen to live in Illinois where the state has stopped paying the winners while still selling tickets every week. (Yahoo News)

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/10/17/illinois-fails-to-pay-lottery-winners-as-states-budget-craters/

Markle

Markle

Semi-retired President Obama's home state has a solution to budget problems.  SELL LOTTO TICKETS, DON'T PAY WINNERS. Bump

Markle

Markle

That would be about a week after my post which appeared on 10/19/2015.
WTF, Illinois? on 10/26/2015, 12:49 pm appeared a week later, with an obscure headline.

2seaoat

That is what you get when the people elect a republican governor who was a multi millionaire with no government experience. They will be working on the budget the next two weeks, but this guy like the governor in Kansas has come in claiming to be the fire department and he is throwing gas on the fire. The temporary income tax increase should have been extended three years and drastic cuts should be made. For thirty years the revenues were not enough for the promises, and it was bipartisan belief that we can fund pensions next year....kicking the can down the road. The temporary tax increase should be allocated for three years to pay down debt only and no new funds for current programs.

Markle

Markle

The past two Governor's are in prison. One Republican and one Democrat. This one has been in office for ten months.

The massive debt came about over decades and before the Republican which is in prison. That would be all Democrats. With the states being dragged down by forever Democrat run, Chicago.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:That is what you get when the people elect a republican governor who was a multi millionaire with no government experience.  They will be working on the budget the next two weeks, but this guy like the governor in Kansas has come in claiming to be the fire department and he is throwing gas on the fire.  The temporary income tax increase should have been extended three years and drastic cuts should be made.  For thirty years the revenues were not enough for the promises, and it was bipartisan belief that we can fund pensions next year....kicking the can down the road.   The temporary tax increase should be allocated for three years to pay down debt only and no new funds for current programs.

Yeah, look what we got with a semi-retired President who not only had not business experience but no government experience either.

2seaoat

before the Republican which is in prison.

Boy, you really do not know what you are talking about. It all started during the boom times of the republican governor Thompson who served eight years and whose budgets did not make the pension contributions. He was worse than any democrat governor. I love this make up chit.....does anybody who feeds you information know the facts?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What winners?  I've been buying a Florida lotto ticket off and on for years.
The last time I had even three winning numbers was about the time Hurricane Ivan was coming through.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:What winners?  I've been buying a Florida lotto ticket off and on for years.
The last time I had even three winning numbers was about the time Hurricane Ivan was coming through.

As you know, state and multi-state Lotto's are intended to fleece the poor which they make extremely easy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:What winners?  I've been buying a Florida lotto ticket off and on for years.

As you know, state and multi-state Lotto's are intended to fleece the poor which they make extremely easy.

Markle,  you always begin your replies with "as you know..." and most of the time I don't know.  But this time you're right,  I do know.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum