Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some math on gun ownership and mass killings.....

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.infowars.com/no-correlation-between-gun-ownership-mass-shootings-murder-rates/

Some math on gun ownership and mass killings..... Mass_shoot

There’s even less of a correlation here: -0.006.

Now, I’ve noticed that when someone points out the lack of a correlation here, gun-control advocates are quick to jump in and say “but you didn’t control for this” and “you didn’t control for that.” That’s true. But what I do show here is that the situation is much more complicated than one would think from absurd claims like “states with fewer guns have fewer murders” and so on. Apparently, claims that new gun laws are commonsensical can’t be true if the relationship between gun laws and murder rates require us to adjust for half a dozen different variables. In fact, by looking at the data, I could imagine any number of other factors that might be more likely a determinant of the murder rate than gun ownership.

good comment from the story..

The wrong terminology is being used. The correct phrase is mass killing, not shooting. It's important because firearms are the preferred method in America, whereas arson, stabbing, et cetera are the preferred methods in disarmed areas.

When one sits down and adds up the amount of mass killings per capita a startling trend is noticed. There are less mass killings in America. There are 30 American mass killings every time Australia has 7 or Canada has 6. The multiplication factors of population are 14 for Australia and 11 for Canada. The math is very revealing in and of itself. You are three times more likely to get caught up in a mass killing in Australia and twice as likely in Canada. This is due to gun free zones.

Then there's another startling fact, as quoted from Mr. Gywn Dyer. America's non-firearm homicide rate is six times higher than in the above mentioned countries and there is a massive discrepancy of who does it based on skin color, which can be noted in the fact that 45% plus of America's inmates are non-Hispanic black, yet only 13% of the population is black.

Guns are not to blame for the higher homicide rate. Modern street culture is.

Liberals aren't fans of grade school math. It leads to uncomfortable questions

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Now, I’ve noticed that when someone points out the lack of a correlation here, gun-control advocates are quick to jump in and say “but you didn’t control for this” and “you didn’t control for that.” That’s true. But what I do show here is that the situation is much more complicated than one would think from absurd claims like “states with fewer guns have fewer murders” and so on.

Hahahahahaha. Thank you for posting this, TEO. Absolutely hilarious.

Is there anything we can pull out of the equation to make the numbers better?

Like those that are unemployed but quit looking for work?

Thaaanks... that would be great.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:Is there anything we can pull out of the equation to make the numbers better?

Funniest thing I read all week..thanks Pkr....looks like the jokes on Boards...what a wienie.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Is there anything we can pull out of the equation to make the numbers better?

Is participating on a forum really that tough, election-boy?  This thread is about gun control and here you are bringing up the labor force participation rate.  Meanwhile, I have created countless threads about the labor force participation rate, and you have absolutely nothing to contribute there.

Here is some advice for you, PkrBum.  If you want to discuss the LPR, go to any of the threads that deal with the LPR and make your contribution.  If you want to discuss gun control, go to any of those threads and make your contribution.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Guess Boards missed the humor of it Pkr...he's kinda dense....yeah.

I'll do and say whatever I please. Ban me if your pseudo-elite sensibilities can't handle it. You know you want to.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Guess Boards missed the humor of it Pkr...he's kinda dense....yeah.

Not at all.  I find this thread to be hilarious.  One more time for TEO, here is my first post in this thread.

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Now, I’ve noticed that when someone points out the lack of a correlation here, gun-control advocates are quick to jump in and say “but you didn’t control for this” and “you didn’t control for that.” That’s true. But what I do show here is that the situation is much more complicated than one would think from absurd claims like “states with fewer guns have fewer murders” and so on.

Hahahahahaha.  Thank you for posting this, TEO.  Absolutely hilarious.

And I do thank you for posting this, TEO.  I enjoyed the laugh.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:I'll do and say whatever I please. Ban me if your pseudo-elite sensibilities can't handle it. You know you want to.

I realize that. I'm just offering you advice to help you seem less stupid.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Can someone please explain that graph to me.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wait a minute,  I think I get it.  Does it show us that the states with the highest degree of gun ownership have the least number of mass shooting victims?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:Wait a minute,  I think I get it.  Does it show us that the states with the highest degree of gun ownership have the least number of mass shooting victims?

No.  The graph suggests there is no correlation between gun ownership rates and mass killings.  

That said, the creator of the graph tells you several things about his graphs:

1.  He's comparing 2012 murder rates to 2015 gun ownership rates in the first graph.   Dumbing that down for republicans who may be reading this, he's concluding that there is very little to no correlation between murder rates in 2012 and gun ownership rates three years in the future.  

2.  He clearly tells you that his analysis is essentially useless by virtue of the fact that he acknowledges that there are other variables that were not controlled for but that would exhibit a correlation with murder rates and rates of mass killings.  That renders his second graph - the one posted here - as useless.

But that didn't stop our village idiot from posting it for us!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum