Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Astounding Ignorance of the GOP

+2
Sal
Floridatexan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/32853-focus-the-astounding-ignorance-of-the-gop

Not a day goes by that a leading Republican presidential hopeful doesn’t reveal a level of ignorance and prejudice unprecedented in modern American politics. Today, Ben Carson, who is now running second to Donald Trump, said that Adolf Hitler’s mass murder of Jews “would have been greatly diminished” had Germans been allowed to carry guns.

What?

Whether it’s Carson on guns or Muslims; Trump on Mexicans, “anchor babies,” or Obama’s citizenship; or almost any of the Republican candidates on abortion, gay marriage, or climate change -- the leading GOP presidential candidates are reaching ever higher into loony land.

House Republicans, meanwhile, are in chaos – unable to elect a Speaker because of the right-wing know-nothings among them who want to shut down the government over the funding of Planned Parenthood and the looming debt limit.

We must face the discomforting fact that one of America's two major parties has lost its mind. How did this come about? Perhaps it's the inevitable culmination of decades of toxic bigotry and ideological paranoia spread by Rush Limbaugh and his imitators, Fox News, and right-wing hate groups -- fueled and funded by the Koch brothers and other oligarchs -- combined with blind rage that a black man became president -- that has finally eaten away enough of the gray matter of an increasingly angry, mostly white, mostly rural, mostly male Republican base to leave us with a zombie GOP.

What do you think?

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
We must face the discomforting fact that one of America's two major parties has lost its mind. How did this come about? Perhaps it's the inevitable culmination of decades of toxic bigotry and ideological paranoia spread by Rush Limbaugh and his imitators, Fox News, and right-wing hate groups -- fueled and funded by the Koch brothers and other oligarchs -- combined with blind rage that a black man became president -- that has finally eaten away enough of the gray matter of an increasingly angry, mostly white, mostly rural, mostly male Republican base to leave us with a zombie GOP.

What do you think?

The modern conservative movement in America is no longer tethered to reality.

It has devolved into a primal expression of angst rather than any coherent ideology.

2seaoat

He has a tendency to make the victims responsible for the oppression they have suffered.....I am sure some parents in Oregon would love to have him visit and tell them first hand how to charge a gun man, or telling a Holocaust survivor if only you had a gun, you could have stopped the oppression. This guy has an aptitude for doctoring.....stick to what works for ya.

Markle

Markle

The good people of Oregon open their arms to welcome semi-retired President Obama.

Rightfully so! Oregon knows full well that the bodies had not been removed much less identified when President Obama was jumping in front of a camera flat out saying he was going to make this POLITICAL.

When did he travel to his hometown of Chicago, go to the Southside and say the same thing?

The Astounding Ignorance of the GOP Obama%20stay%20home_zpswq8klbjv

2seaoat

Was that eight or nine people......but the Fox cameras were special.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:He has a tendency to make the victims responsible for the oppression they have suffered.....I am sure some parents in Oregon would love to have him visit and tell them first hand how to charge a gun man, or telling a Holocaust survivor if only you had a gun, you could have stopped the oppression.   This guy has an aptitude for doctoring.....stick to what works for ya.

You are comparing the Oregon shooting to the Holocaust?

2seaoat

You are comparing the Oregon shooting to the Holocaust?

I am doing nothing of the kind. I am showing a presidential candidate who has a propensity to live in some type of fantasy world where the victims in Oregon are suppose to charge the gunman, and Jews in Nazi Germany would be ok if they only had guns......again the common thread is that victims are to blame....this man needs to go back to being a doc or STFU.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The statements Carson is now making are so weird, I'm beginning to suspect he was thrown out of the medicine business.

A Jew about to be rounded up in Naxi Germany, by a passel of Gestapo agents backed up by Wehrmacht or SS troops, would have had as much chance of surviving with a gun, as he or she did once locked into a gas chamber.

And Carson's own history when confronted by an armed criminal doesn't include overt bravery of any sort.

What we've got here is a nutcase as well prepared to take over the leadership of our nation as Semi-sane, 'I know NOSSING!" Markle.

Can you say LOONY?

2seaoat wrote:You are comparing the Oregon shooting to the Holocaust?

I am doing nothing of the kind.  I am showing a presidential candidate who has a propensity to live in some type of fantasy world where the victims in Oregon are suppose to charge the gunman, and Jews in Nazi Germany would be ok if they only had guns......again the common thread is that victims are to blame....this man needs to go back to being a doc or STFU.

Had the Jews been able to procure arms, they would have at LEAST had a CHOICE in getting hauled off to concentration camps. Take your own advice and STHU yourself.

I am doing nothing of the kind. I am showing a presidential candidate who has a propensity to live in some type of fantasy world where the victims in Oregon are suppose to charge the gunman, and Jews in Nazi Germany would be ok if they only had guns......again the common thread is that victims are to blame....this man needs to go back to being a doc or STFU.

So... you'd like the black man to go sit in the back of the bus and shut the fuck up. You are an amazing RACIST.

YOU stfu asshole. He can say whatever he wants and one thing is for damn sure... he's not talking to a racist like you.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:

I am doing nothing of the kind.  I am showing a presidential candidate who has a propensity to live in some type of fantasy world where the victims in Oregon are suppose to charge the gunman, and Jews in Nazi Germany would be ok if they only had guns......again the common thread is that victims are to blame....this man needs to go back to being a doc or STFU.

So... you'd like the black man to go sit in the back of the bus and shut the fuck up. You are an amazing RACIST.

YOU stfu asshole. He can say whatever he wants and one thing is for damn sure... he's not talking to a racist like you.

I take back that "fellow Texan" stuff I said. You really are an obnoxious little twit.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:The statements Carson is now making are so weird, I'm beginning to suspect he was thrown out of the medicine business.

A Jew about to be rounded up in Naxi [NAZI] Germany, by a passel of Gestapo agents backed up by Wehrmacht or SS troops, would have had as much chance of surviving with a gun, as he or she did once locked into a gas chamber.

And Carson's own history when confronted by an armed criminal doesn't include overt bravery of any sort.

What we've got here is a nutcase as well prepared to take over the leadership of our nation as Semi-sane, 'I know NOSSING!" Markle.

Can you say LOONY?

Why then did your messiah, Adolph Hitler mandate the registration of all guns and then confiscate all the guns of Jews even including large knives.

I realize that a proud anti-Semite like yourself does not see a problem with murdering Jews.

True, one Jew against 10 of Hitler's finest murderers would not stand much of a chance but he could take one or two. Had there been ten or twenty, they may have taken out all ten. Adolph Hitler would have gone on a rampage, destroying the entire neighborhood. It might also have called attention to the evil manifesting in Germany and brought America into the war, millions of lives could have been saved.

2seaoat

Dr. Carson will not even get 5% of the vote in NH or Iowa.....I will take some bets on this. Four months and his poll numbers are three times that, but he will not get 5%......am I lucky, or is this guy this inept......can you say Michelle Bachman.

2seaoat wrote:Dr. Carson will not even get 5% of the vote in NH or Iowa.....I will take some bets on this. Four months and his poll numbers are three times that, but he will not get 5%......am I lucky, or is this guy this inept......can you say Michelle Bachman.

Booked... I'll take carson for 5% of the vote and over for $100 in the nh and iowa primaries... $200 total.

2seaoat

It is against the law to bet money. You should know better. If I live through the NH primary, I will buy you lunch, I will be in South Florida until March, but will pay for your lunch at the fish house next time you are in town, If I win you can buy this book and read it http://www.amazon.com/Political-Theory-Third-Edition-Introduction/dp/033396179X.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum