Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scientists Say You Should Stop Using Your Charcoal Grill Immediately

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Scientists Say You Should Stop Using Your Charcoal Grill Immediately

http://mic.com/articles/91303/scientists-say-you-should-stop-using-your-charcoal-grill-immediately

As you spread blackened lumps of coal onto your fire pit, your mind wanders to thoughts of beach volleyball, outdoor movies and barbecued freedom. Unfortunately, grilling with charcoal comes with a hefty environmental cost: heavy greenhouse gas emissions.

Charcoal nuggets, or briquettes, are essentially tightly packed bundles of carbon. When they're burned, they spew pounds of the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.

Swiss researcher Eric Johnson compared the environmental impacts of cooking with gas and charcoal in a 2009 study. While cooking with charcoal emits up to 11 pounds of carbon dioxide per grill session into the environment, for example, grilling with propane emits just 5.6. To put that in perspective, one session of grilling with propane, he found, emitted enough carbon dioxide to drive a small car 8 miles. Cooking with charcoal, on the other hand, put out enough CO2 to drive the same car a whopping 22 miles.

Scientists Say You Should Stop Using Your Charcoal Grill Immediately D255f711

Scientists Say You Should Stop Using Your Charcoal Grill Immediately 7lr1md10
The chicken looks wonderful, but the smoke represents pure carbon pollution...

I am gathering information for a new affiliate marketing website that focuses on climate change and the impact that outdoor propane and charcoal grills have on the Earth's climate. My website will then point folks to electric grills sold at Amazon.com, and if people click through to the item at Amazon, a special code links the connection back to me so that if they convert the sale, I get paid a commission. Wish me luck.

I am also going to make a second site using the same theme that pushes lithium-battery powered lawn mowers and garden equipment. These items are also sold at Amazon.com.

Your traditional outdoor barbeque is going to change as the use of charcoal and propane grills is discouraged, if not eventually regulated away. The electric grill is going to come into vogue to replace the CO2-spewing monstrosities we use now. My new website is going to try and capitalize on this future trend. :-)

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

You're joking right?

Scientists Say You Should Stop Using Your Charcoal Grill Immediately LOL_zpsrc5py0ql

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:You're joking right?

I am accused of being a 'denier,' but suffer me as I try to capitalize on the climate change movement.

Affiliate marketing is a hard-scrabble way to make a buck. I once had four Wordpress sites and four Squidoo Lenses hawking products sold at Amazon.com. I am down to just one site, and was planning on giving it up in March of 2016, when my web-hosting account expires. I am now going to renew it, and build two new sites preying on peoples' climate-change sensibilities. I started gathering materials for my new websites yesterday.

These electric grills are not only climate-friendly, but they are really cool. I may buy one for my wife and I for Christmas. I try to use the products I push at Amazon.com.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I gotta give you my one first-hand experience with an electric grill.
It took the thing 3 or 4 times as long to cook steaks as my propane grill.
I only used it because I didn't know I had run out of propane.
We ended up not wanting to wait all night to eat the steaks,  so we finished them up on the stovetop in a frying pan.

It may be the some electric grills can put out more heat than others.  But you don't want to get one like I have.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh and something else. What makes grilling good is the fat dripping onto
the burner and flames and then that smoke and stuff getting back into the meat.
The problem with the electric element is it doesn't have enough surface area
to catch the drippings. So you don't get that same effect.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:Oh and something else. What makes grilling good is the fat dripping onto
to catch the drippings.  So you don't get that same effect.

Now don't dampen my enthusiasm, Bob... I just finished writing my first review for this product:

http://www.amazon.com/Meco-Aussie-Deluxe-Electric-Rotisserie/dp/B0007XXNT0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Reviewers say it gets plenty hot and does a really good job, and folks who gave it just one star did not follow directions to use the thing properly. This may be the unit I get for us.

My problem with creating write-ups for products is inserting the right keywords, and making the dang things search engine friendly. There is a science to it, and it is really easy to piss-off Google. Then you hope you get at least a few clicks through to Amazon.com. About one in 50 clicks results in a conversion and a commission for you.

I have hawked paper shredders at this site since March of 2012:

http://www.best-papershredder-reviews.com/

I think I have sold around 50 paper shredders in that time. When someone clicks through your affiliate link to Amazon, Amazon puts a cookie on their computer that stays there for 24 hours. If they buy anything at Amazon in that time period, you get credit for it and a commission. I don't make a lot of money doing this, but there are folks out there who gave up their day-jobs to do affiliate marketing full time.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Bob wrote:Oh and something else. What makes grilling good is the fat dripping onto

Now don't dampen my enthusiasm, Bob... I just finished writing my first review for this product:

http://www.amazon.com/Meco-Aussie-Deluxe-Electric-Rotisserie/dp/B0007XXNT0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Reviewers say it gets plenty hot and does a really good job, and folks who gave it just one star did not follow directions to use the thing properly. This may be the unit I get for us.

My problem with creating write-ups for products is inserting the right keywords, and making the dang things search engine friendly. There is a science to it, and it is really easy to piss-off Google. Then you hope you get at least a few clicks through to Amazon.com. About one in 50 clicks results in a conversion and a commission for you.

I think I have sold around 50 paper shredders in that time. When someone clicks through your affiliate link to Amazon, Amazon puts a cookie on their computer that stays there for 24 hours. If they buy anything at Amazon in that time period, you get credit for it and a commission. I don't make a lot of money doing this, but there are folks out there who gave up their day-jobs to do affiliate marketing full time.

Good luck making your million.

Personally I would never use a gas grill much less an electric. Nothing gets as hot as a good charcoal fire and I have a grill with the added firebox to the side for smoking.

For just one or two steaks or salmon steaks I use the chimney style charcoal starter filled with lump charcoal and some lumps of hickory wood, never briquettes, and a small grill set on top. The heat is tremendous. Usually I dry age the steaks myself for a week then sprinkle with a bit of Kosher salt about an hour before grilling. For myself I'll usually just throw it on the coals themselves. Minute and a half or so on each side, then let sit for five or ten minutes. Baked potato from the oven, not micro-wave and its GOOD EATS!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:For just one or two steaks or salmon steaks I use the chimney style charcoal starter filled with lump charcoal and some lumps of hickory wood, never briquettes, and a small grill set on top.  The heat is tremendous.  Usually I dry age the steaks myself for a week then sprinkle with a bit of Kosher salt about an hour before grilling.  For myself I'll usually just throw it on the coals themselves.  Minute and a half or so on each side, then let sit for five or ten minutes.  Baked potato from the oven, not micro-wave and its GOOD EATS!

You are making me hungry already. I have eaten just one steak since my heart attack on November 26, 2014. I have to fight my wife just to get an occasional burger. She is a cruel food Nazi. She is unaware of my scheme to sneak giant size Hershey bars into the house via mail order. I have a few hiding spots staked out.

I am going to keep bumping this thread up, so our forum climate change believers can see what is going to be required when the climate change political arm starts proposing regulations to those who rule us.

Landfill Salad will be one of the new things on the menu. I am looking for a recipe for this but have not yet found it. Here is a photo of Landfill Salad:

Scientists Say You Should Stop Using Your Charcoal Grill Immediately Landfi10

It looks delectable.....

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Good luck making your million.

Personally I would never use a gas grill much less an electric.  Nothing gets as hot as a good charcoal fire and I have a grill with the added firebox to the side for smoking.

For just one or two steaks or salmon steaks I use the chimney style charcoal starter filled with lump charcoal and some lumps of hickory wood, never briquettes, and a small grill set on top.  The heat is tremendous.  Usually I dry age the steaks myself for a week then sprinkle with a bit of Kosher salt about an hour before grilling.  For myself I'll usually just throw it on the coals themselves.  Minute and a half or so on each side, then let sit for five or ten minutes.  Baked potato from the oven, not micro-wave and its GOOD EATS!

I always knew that buried down deep inside you was a good human being who might even enjoy good cookin' once in awhile. It turns out we cook steaks the same way. Reality.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

That would be a cold day in hell. We always use a smokestack...no fumes. And the fire doesn't have to be huge...a small backyard bbq isn't going to make that much of an impact.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
That would be a cold day in hell.  ...a small backyard bbq isn't going to make that much of an impact.  

Will you break the law after the EPA outlaws outdoor burning, to include barbecue grills, campfires in the national parks, etc.? Don't be fooled, as this is in our future... The activism within the climate change movement is extreme, and its political arm is trying to achieve real power.  

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
That would be a cold day in hell.  ...a small backyard bbq isn't going to make that much of an impact.  

Will you break the law after the EPA outlaws outdoor burning, to include barbecue grills, campfires in the national parks, etc.? Don't be fooled, as this is in our future... The activism within the climate change movement is extreme, and its political arm is trying to achieve real power.  

That's not going to happen, Z. BBQ and campfires are not a major source of CO2 emissions.

Progressive govt controls don't often have much to do with actual results. The rationals usually just feeeel good.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:That's not going to happen, Z.  BBQ and campfires are not a major source of CO2 emissions.

It does not natter that your bbq grill by itself is a minuscule contributor of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your car by itself is only a small polluter.

You are missing the whole point.....

There are 10s of millions of barbecue grills in the U.S. If you read the blog article, it says that just one barbecue session with a charcoal grill sends up to 11 pounds of CO2 into the atmosphere. Multiply this by 10s of millions and you have real carbon pollution. This is why your barbecue will one day be banned. As will eventually gas grills, as will eventually bonfires, camp fires, fires in your fireplace. The EPA will target all of these using the Clean Air Act. It is already interpreting the CAA as a CO2 regulator for the power industry to shut down coal-fired power plants. The next target is going to be you personally.

There are radical activists within the climate change movement who are focused on those crazy 10-15 year 'tipping points.' They are heavily lobbying any congressman, senator, governor, or state lawmaker who will listen to them. They have lawyers who are writing strawman regulations for those in government to pass. You are going to be very heavily regulated in the coming years if these folks get their way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum