Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sticky: I can't tell hide ner hair about whether or not this 142,000 jobs is drive-by bullshit or drive-by genius.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

They call me the fence-sitter. And I'd sure like to get off. If you've ever sat on a fence for very long you'd know why. Sitting on top of a 1/2 inch wide fence post starts to literally be a pain in the ass. I just took two hydrocodones for the pain.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's a tip for you.  No,  you can't make a real sticky thread because only a moderator can do that.  But it don't matter.
The only difference between your sticky thread and the moderator's,  is that his automatically stays at the top of the page.
Not a problem, fellow toasters.  All you gotta do is keep bumping your sticky thread and then nobody can tell the difference.
It's called "beating the system".  I learned how to do that at Draft Dodger U.  
The motto there was always "stick it to the man".  And what better way to stick it to him than with your own sticky thread.  lol

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/disappointing-numbers-septembers-jobs-report/

September’s job reports numbers are out, and they should certainly temper the enthusiasm last month’s numbers stirred. If you’re willing to believe one month’s numbers, which are extrapolated from a sample of 60,000 households, the U.S. economy added a mere 142,000 jobs in September, after adding an average of 260,000 jobs a month last year and nearly 200,000 a month in 2015, both signs of genuine recovery. Yes, the unemployment rate remained unchanged at 5.1 percent, but only because the workforce shrank by 300,000 or so.

Moreover, we not only added fewer jobs than hoped for, but August’s jobs report numbers were revised downward from 173,000 to 136,000 jobs added, and July’s jobs report numbers were revised downward from 245,000 to 223,000. With a net revision of minus 59,000, September’s 142,000 new jobs dwindle to 83,000 more jobs this month than last.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum