Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Consumer Confidence hits best reading of the recovery again

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=467264&cust=mam&year=2015&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

Consumer confidence was supposed to have fallen back this month as stock market losses took their effect. But instead confidence is inexplicably rising, to 103.0 in September which is 7 points over the consensus and 3 points over the top estimate. The gain is centered in the present situation component which hints at ongoing strength in the labor market and immediate strength in consumer spending. The present situation jumped more than 5 points to 121.1 which is, by far and away, the best reading of the recovery, since September 2007.

The consumer's assessment of the current jobs market is very strong. Those describing jobs as hard to get is at 24.3 percent, which is low for this reading, while those describing jobs as plentiful is at 25.1 percent which is high for this reading. On current business conditions, 28.0 percent describe them as good, again a strong reading, with only 16.7 percent as bad for another sign of strength.

The expectations side of the report is solid but less spectacular with the component at 91.0 for a 6 tenths decline from August. The most striking reading in this group is expectations for future income where 19.1 percent see an increase for a nearly 3 percentage point gain from August which is very strong.

Buying plans show special strength for homes where indications are the highest since November and also strength for cars which are at their best since March. This latter reading is very impressive given how strong car sales have been this year and it points to strength for Thursday's motor vehicle sales.

For prices, all this strength may be offsetting the drop underway at the gasoline pump. Inflation expectations rose a sharp 3 tenths to 5.2 percent which is the highest reading since March.

No other gauge on the consumer's mood has shown this intensity of strength the last two months. Confidence isn't exactly the same as spending but FOMC policy makers believe it's a positive indication. If Friday's employment report proves as strong as the current assessment in this report, then the odds of a rate hike for the October FOMC would certainly look favorable.

Consumer Confidence hits best reading of the recovery again Showimage

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

One billion Americans have given Obama a 200% approval rating on his handling of the economy. There are so many excess jobs scientists are creating cloned humans with 4 arms just for McDonalds. McDonalds has never served more healthy food and cancer has completely been eradicated thanks to Obamacare which now functions so well it is returning all money to those that needed healthcare in the last 10years WITH interest !.

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=466954&cust=mam&year=2015&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

Tuesday's startling rise in consumer confidence is now being confirmed by solid strength in the consumer comfort index which jumped 1.1 points to 43.0 in the September 27 week following a 1.7 point spike in the prior week. Volatility in the stock market and uncertainty over the global economy are apparently not holding down the U.S. consumer, which points to strength in household spending and perhaps the need for the Fed to announce liftoff sooner than later.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:One billion Americans have given Obama a 200% approval rating on  his handling of the economy. There are so many excess jobs scientists are creating cloned humans with 4 arms just for McDonalds.  McDonalds has never served more healthy food and cancer has completely been eradicated thanks to Obamacare which now functions so well it is returning all money to those that needed healthcare in the last 10years WITH interest !.

I just provided two private, independent reports that agree that consumer confidence is fairly high and is on the rise.  I base my opinion of consumer confidence on these factual reports.

You clearly disagree, so what reports on consumer confidence are you looking at that inform your opinion?  You're not just an ignorant racist douchebag talking out of your ass, are you?

The floor is yours. Please proceed, low information voter.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-09-30/the-american-mood-is-somehow-confident-and-sour-at-the-same-time

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-09-30/the-american-mood-is-somehow-confident-and-sour-at-the-same-time

Yes. Bloomberg.  They're the entity that produced the second report that I posted - which indicates a "startling rise" in consumer confidence.  

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=466954&cust=mam&year=2015&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index

Highlights
Tuesday's startling rise in consumer confidence is now being confirmed by solid strength in the consumer comfort index which jumped 1.1 points to 43.0 in the September 27 week following a 1.7 point spike in the prior week. Volatility in the stock market and uncertainty over the global economy are apparently not holding down the U.S. consumer, which points to strength in household spending and perhaps the need for the Fed to announce liftoff sooner than later.

Definition
The Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index is a weekly, random-sample survey tracking Americans' views on the condition of the U.S. economy, their personal finances and the buying climate. The survey was formerly sponsored by ABC News since 1985. Beginning in April 2014, immediate details of the report are available by subscription through Langer Research Associates which conducts the survey for Bloomberg. Publicly released details are available only after a significant delay after release of the headline number. In May 2014, Bloomberg changed the series range to zero to 100 versus earlier reports with a range of minus 100 to plus 100.

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:One billion Americans have given Obama a 200% approval rating on  his handling of the economy. There are so many excess jobs scientists are creating cloned humans with 4 arms just for McDonalds.  McDonalds has never served more healthy food and cancer has completely been eradicated thanks to Obamacare which now functions so well it is returning all money to those that needed healthcare in the last 10years WITH interest !.

I just provided two private, independent reports that agree that consumer confidence is fairly high and is on the rise.  I base my opinion of consumer confidence on these factual reports.

You clearly disagree, so what reports on consumer confidence are you looking at that inform your opinion?  You're not just an ignorant racist douchebag talking out of your ass, are you?

The floor is yours.  Please proceed, low information voter.

So it looks like we're going with "ignorant racist douchebag talking out of his ass" after all.

Anyone surprised here?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

So it looks like we're going with "ignorant racist douchebag talking out of his ass" after all.  

Anyone surprised here?

You post some obviously ginned up lie of biased bilge and everyone is supposed to just go yeah that's right. Anyway...your delusional days are numbered...The economic clock is half past crash....Keep whistling in dark if it makes you feel secure.....

I can't even get your stupid link to load....

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 10/1/2015, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Anyone surprised here?

You post some obviously ginned up lie of biased bilge and everyone is supposed to just go yeah that's right. Anyway...your delusional days are numbered...The economic clock is half past crash....Keep whistling in dark if it makes you feel secure.....

One more time for our village idiot.

Senility is certainly beginning to take hold around here.

Consumer Confidence hits best reading of the recovery again Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Anyone surprised here?

One more time for our village idiot.

Senility is certainly beginning to take hold around here.

Consumer Confidence hits best reading of the recovery again Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

I can't even get your stupid link to load....

Your rocking chair is over there in the corner next to Ole' Man Markle's.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Consumer confidence was supposed to have fallen back this month as stock market losses took their effect. But instead confidence is inexplicably rising,

in•ex•pli•ca•bly

adv.
   In an inexplicable manner; for an unknown reason.

So like wow...everythings fine cus it is don't knows why just is...

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Consumer confidence was supposed to have fallen back this month as stock market losses took their effect. But instead confidence is inexplicably rising,

in•ex•pli•ca•bly

adv.
   In an inexplicable manner; for an unknown reason.

So like wow...everythings fine cus it is don't knows why just is...

That was strike two.  Here comes the final pitch.  This is a slow floating softball right down the center of the strike zone.  

I think I can now appreciate how Katie Couric must have felt while interviewing Sarah Palin after asking the question "Can you name any news source that you read?", with the only difference here being the fact that Couric was posing her question to someone far more intelligent than I currently am.

TEO, are you a low information voter simply talking out of your ass, or can you simply state whatever type of reports or data on consumer confidence that you have seen that lead you to your opinion on the subject?  Good god.  Can you simply use the english language to string a few words together so as to communicate where it is that you read about consumer confidence so as to be so informed on the subject that you can enter a discussion about it and confidently inject your opinion by deeming two independently developed reports as being bullshit?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

All I know is, I just put another $200 in my Scott Trade account so I can buy some new stocks tomorrow.... Focusing on small oil and gas companies whose share price is severely beaten down....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Strike ?..I was the one pitching...you posted an article that says no one KNOWS why confidence may be up...end of story...guess this, guess that, and still you don't know..maybe they took the poll at Mary Sunshines School of Happy Blithering Idiots ...your Alma mater.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Strike ?..I was the one pitching...you posted an article that says no one KNOWS why confidence may be up...end of story...guess this, guess that, and still you don't know..maybe they took the poll at Mary Sunshines School of Happy Blithering Idiots ...your Alma mater.

OK.  Pay attention, gramps.  I'll go slowly here since you're clearly an idiot.

1.  I posted two reports on consumer confidence.  Here they are:

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=467264&cust=mam&year=2015&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

2.  Your response was to imply that the reports are basically just made up fantasy.  Here are you responses:

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You post some obviously ginned up lie of biased bilge and everyone is supposed to just go yeah that's right.

3.  So I asked you to provide whatever sort of reports it is that you're looking at that make you an expert on the subject of consumer confidence.  You saw the two reports that posted and deemed them to be completely fabricated fantasy.  The TEO narrative is that these two independent, private organization each studied consumer confidence and - coincidentally - each fabricated essentially the same results.  

Have you no response to that?  Do even understand the question?

Here, I'll dumb it down.  What have you read or seen that leads you to this conclusion on these two consumer confidence reports?

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You post some obviously ginned up lie of biased bilge and everyone is supposed to just go yeah that's right.

Do you understand the question, Ole' Man TEO?   Let's say you were to ask me the exact same question.  My response would be "Well that's easy, TEO!  I'm basing my opinion on the Bloomberg and the Conference Board reports on consumer confidence.  That is where I'm getting my ideas on this subject ."

OK.  Now it's your turn.  I just gave you the sources that inform my opinion, can you now reply with the sources that inform yours?  You're leaving me no choice here but to conclude that your opinion isn't actually informed by any real sources of information.  Is that the case?  Are you in fact a low information voter who is completely ignorant on this subject and you're simply talking out of your ass like an idiot?

More lies...like most Obama economic data

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You have no real data to show why consumer confidence is up so you think the shadow is moving the sun...right ?

... just ignorant misdirection. You always do these exercises in obfuscation and then call names and claim victory when people don't respond to your juvenile trap. Very childish and dishonest on your part.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You have no real data to show why consumer confidence is up so you think the shadow is moving the sun...right ?

... just ignorant misdirection. You always do these exercises in obfuscation and then call names and claim victory when people don't respond to your juvenile trap. Very childish and dishonest on your part.

I don't think you could possibly be any more ignorant.  TEO, the quoted text below was my first post in this thread.   Can you not read or understand that?   It appears to be written in plain english.  That is the real data.  Those are the parameters being measured that are used to determine consumer confidence.  It has all been clearly spelled for you.  Is that passage above your level of reading comprehension?

Perhaps you should take another stab at reading that again before spouting off?  Consumer confidence is up because the parameters clearly outlined below were measured and used to determine a value for consumer confidence. How hard is that to wrap your head around? It couldn't possibly be explained and more plainly that it was in my first post.

I have some advice for you.  If you take this advice, I can guarantee you that you will become more knowledgeable, and your posts will become more appreciated around here.  You may even rise above "Village Idiot" status.  Doubtful, but maybe.

Here it is:  The next time you find yourself wanting to enter a thread and confidently inject your opinion as you have here, first ask yourself "Can I name any source of information that informs my opinion?"    If the answer there is "No", do not offer your opinion because you don't actually know what you're talking about.  You would only be talking out of your ass.  Instead what you should do there is go out and inform yourself.  Read  up on the subject and then perhaps contribute to the conversation next time around.  On the other hand, if you do in fact have some source of information that you can point to that informs your opinion, by all means contribute to the conversation.  Say what you have to say and then back it up with your information source.

Had you applied this technique yesterday, we wouldn't be here on page 2 with you still not being able to come up with any source of information that guides your beliefs on consumer confidence.  It is clear now that you are completely ignorant on this subject as you can't validate your opinions anywhere.  The internet is vast, and yet you can't find anything that backs up your opinion here.

You are the textbook definition of a low information voter.  And what is most bizarre about that is you still feel like you should go around and confidently inject your opinion into conversations on subject matter that you obviously know nothing about.  You may as well go on to a forum of neuroscientists and tell them that they're completely full of shit, because your opinions on the subject of neuroscience are equally as uninformed as your opinions on the subject of consumer confidence are here.

Consumer confidence was supposed to have fallen back this month as stock market losses took their effect. But instead confidence is inexplicably rising, to 103.0 in September which is 7 points over the consensus and 3 points over the top estimate. The gain is centered in the present situation component which hints at ongoing strength in the labor market and immediate strength in consumer spending. The present situation jumped more than 5 points to 121.1 which is, by far and away, the best reading of the recovery, since September 2007.

The consumer's assessment of the current jobs market is very strong. Those describing jobs as hard to get is at 24.3 percent, which is low for this reading, while those describing jobs as plentiful is at 25.1 percent which is high for this reading. On current business conditions, 28.0 percent describe them as good, again a strong reading, with only 16.7 percent as bad for another sign of strength.

The expectations side of the report is solid but less spectacular with the component at 91.0 for a 6 tenths decline from August. The most striking reading in this group is expectations for future income where 19.1 percent see an increase for a nearly 3 percentage point gain from August which is very strong.

Buying plans show special strength for homes where indications are the highest since November and also strength for cars which are at their best since March. This latter reading is very impressive given how strong car sales have been this year and it points to strength for Thursday's motor vehicle sales.

For prices, all this strength may be offsetting the drop underway at the gasoline pump. Inflation expectations rose a sharp 3 tenths to 5.2 percent which is the highest reading since March.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Your source readily admits they don't have a clue why there is any confidence shown by the consumer...they don't have a clue ..Just like You !

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Your source  readily admits they don't have a clue why there is any confidence shown by the consumer...they don't have a clue ..Just like You !

Ho...ly...shit....

I can't tell if you're really this dumb or if you're trolling.

The gain is centered in the present situation component which hints at ongoing strength in the labor market and immediate strength in consumer spending. The present situation jumped more than 5 points to 121.1 which is, by far and away, the best reading of the recovery, since September 2007.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum