Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fire all our generals!

+4
Markle
gatorfan
TEOTWAWKI
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fire all our generals! Empty Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 7:11 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Let's fire all the generals at the Pentagon.  Put these lummoxes out to pasture.  Let them play chess with each other until their bones disassemble.

The thing is, Bush and Obama have made a terrible mistake listening to these idiots.  Our "we're going to train up the Afghan army, the Iraqi army, and our own rebels to fight in Syria," at a cost of TRILLIONS, is a stark, dismal failure.  The Afghans just lost Kunduz.  The Iraqi army, trained for several years and equipped with our best stuff, abandons the equipment and runs before ISIS.  At a cost of thirty million dollars, we've trained up five rebels to fight in Syria.  The 70 troops we've armed and trained to fight there (again at a cost of millions), just gave up their arms to al Qaeda.

It appears the greatest military mistake an American president can make, is to listen to their generals.  

Reality!

2Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 8:05 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I am sure those poor generals have cushy jobs waiting for them in some defense contractors employment.

3Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 8:09 am

by Wordslinger Today at 1:11 pm
Let's fire all the generals at the Pentagon. Put these lummoxes out to pasture. Let them play chess with each other until their bones disassemble.

The thing is, Bush and Obama have made a terrible mistake listening to these idiots. Our "we're going to train up the Afghan army, the Iraqi army, and our own rebels to fight in Syria," at a cost of TRILLIONS, is a stark, dismal failure. The Afghans just lost Kunduz. The Iraqi army, trained for several years and equipped with our best stuff, abandons the equipment and runs before ISIS. At a cost of thirty million dollars, we've trained up five rebels to fight in Syria. The 70 troops we've armed and trained to fight there (again at a cost of millions), just gave up their arms to al Qaeda.

It appears the greatest military mistake an American president can make, is to listen to their generals.

Reality!
----
Reality .... Generals only do what the politicians let them. The generals idea was not to cut and run. Obama dismissed that idea and did it anyhow. In an effort to make people think he is dojg something, Obama created the idea of training an Army of goatherders, poppy growers, goathumpers, and khat chewing hash smokers. How would you really think it would go?

4Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 10:48 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Obamasucks wrote:by Wordslinger Today at 1:11 pm
Let's fire all the generals at the Pentagon.  Put these lummoxes out to pasture.  Let them play chess with each other until their bones disassemble.

The thing is, Bush and Obama have made a terrible mistake listening to these idiots.  Our "we're going to train up the Afghan army, the Iraqi army, and our own rebels to fight in Syria," at a cost of TRILLIONS, is a stark, dismal failure.  The Afghans just lost Kunduz.  The Iraqi army, trained for several years and equipped with our best stuff, abandons the equipment and runs before ISIS.  At a cost of thirty million dollars, we've trained up five rebels to fight in Syria.  The 70 troops we've armed and trained to fight there (again at a cost of millions), just gave up their arms to al Qaeda.

Reality!
----
Reality .... Generals only do what the politicians let them.  The generals idea was not to cut and run. Obama dismissed that idea and did it anyhow. In an effort to make people think he is dojg something, Obama created the idea of training an Army of goatherders, poppy growers, goathumpers, and khat chewing hash smokers.  How would you really think it would go?

If it was Obama's idea to train the Iraqi military forces up so they would be able to defend Iraq, it was generals and goofballs like you who took up the job. And as could be expected, failed miserably. What did the generals want, to stay defending Iraq forever, on an American dime?

Thanks for making my point -- we need generals like those now in the Pentagon, like we need cold sores.

5Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 11:38 am

gatorfan

For someone who ends most posts with "Reality!" you seem to be divorced from reality on this subject. It's a lot more convoluted than a "failure of the military to make it work". A lot more convoluted. The military executes policy generated at the White House, Obama waffled, hemmed, and hawed for 2 years while the Syria conflict spread to include ISIS. HIS solution was to train and equip rebel mercenaries who really wanted to fight Assad but were told to fight ISIS instead (Obama policy - not the military). A large group of the first "graduates" were ambushed and killed. Most of the others deserted and contrary to popular belief, one group led by someone not associated with the program handed over vehicles and equipment for safe passage.

So yes, the program demanded by Obama (and initially supported by HRC btw) is a total failure.

To blame the military for every failure in the M/E just shows a general lack of comprehension of how things operate.

6Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 12:24 pm

Word,

Obama's plan was a plan to fail. It belongs to him and not the generals who protested against it. They protested so much so that he purged the naysayers who would not sign off on his plan. So, the blame goes on the CINC,
Not the generals who told him that cutting and running would not work.

7Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 5:53 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

What you guys are really saying is that Obama's ideas about what to do in the Mideast are just as goofy as those of Bush. I'll buy that. Trump is right on this one. Let's let Assad and Putin fight Isis and just take all our marbles home -- since it's well established we really don't play the game very well at all. War sucks and we suck at war.

8Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 5:56 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:What you guys are really saying is that Obama's ideas about what to do in the Mideast are just as goofy as those of Bush.  I'll buy that.  Trump is right on this one.  Let's let Assad and Putin fight Isis and just take all our marbles home -- since it's well established we really don't play the game very well at all.  War sucks and we suck at war.  

Yeah I only joined the military because I wanted to be like Sgt. Saunders on combat all tough and manly.....

9Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 6:15 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:What you guys are really saying is that Obama's ideas about what to do in the Mideast are just as goofy as those of Bush.  I'll buy that.  Trump is right on this one.  Let's let Assad and Putin fight Isis and just take all our marbles home -- since it's well established we really don't play the game very well at all.  War sucks and we suck at war.  

Yeah I only joined the military because I wanted to be like Sgt. Saunders on combat all tough and manly.....

I don't know how to tell you this, but Saunders was a fictional character on a dramatic TV series. I know, I wrote two of the Combat! scripts. However, thank you for modeling yourself on a TV character. So much for your idols ...

10Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 6:18 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

I don't know how to tell you this, but Saunders was a fictional character on a dramatic TV series.   I know, I wrote two of the Combat! scripts.  However, thank you for modeling yourself on a TV character.   So much for your idols ...

Well you did a good job..fooled about 55000 dead guys.......

11Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 6:27 pm

No, Obama's ideas were to cut and run before the army and specifically SOF was trained up well enough to do the job. Given that it takes 28- 30 months of pipeline training to create our own SOF, do you really think that the Iraqis and Afghanis were going to break speed records getting spun up to do their job? Nope. And, that timeline is only good if you don't have injuries or breaks in the training cycle. The only thing that sucks about having fought in the GWOT, was the ROEs placed upon offensive combat forces and that has been by Bush AND Obummer.

12Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 6:33 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

I don't know how to tell you this, but Saunders was a fictional character on a dramatic TV series.   I know, I wrote two of the Combat! scripts.  However, thank you for modeling yourself on a TV character.   So much for your idols ...

Well you did a good job..fooled about 55000 dead guys.......

Combat! Was an extremely popular TV series that ran for almost a decade.  The show was a WWII theme and when Vietnam started to become terribly unpopular, so it went for war shows on TV.  Vietnam killed Combat!, along with the 55,000 dead Americans who died  ... well ... to stop all of Southeast Asia becoming communist, or something ... or maybe because a lot of people made a lot of money from selling shit for that stupid, worthless, and meaningless conflict.  We're friends with Vietnam now, and doing trade with them.  Their being communist doesn't seem to matter now .... reality.

13Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 6:40 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sure was popular, my Stepdad, a Korean war vet and I never missed it...He was a bit messed up from Korea and very depressed as he lost all but 12 of his company in two nights...lots of friends....he had survivors guilt but it only lasted till he died at 40. He melted down a water cooled 30 cal machine gun during the fight and the Army billed him for it and gave him a Bronze star. A corpsman saved his thumb it was shot off and hanging by a tendon and the Doc just stuck it back in place and bandaged it.

14Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 6:44 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Sure was popular,  my Stepdad, a Korean war vet and I never missed it...He was a bit messed up from Korea and very depressed as he lost all but 12 of his company in two nights...lots of friends....he had survivors guilt but it only lasted till he died at 40.  He melted down a water cooled 30 cal machine gun during the fight and the Army billed him for it and gave him a Bronze star. A corpsman saved his thumb it was shot off and hanging by a tendon and the Doc just stuck it back in place and bandaged it.

Sorry for your early loss of your Stepdad. What was the cause of his early demise?

15Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 7:14 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Sure was popular,  my Stepdad, a Korean war vet and I never missed it...He was a bit messed up from Korea and very depressed as he lost all but 12 of his company in two nights...lots of friends....he had survivors guilt but it only lasted till he died at 40.  He melted down a water cooled 30 cal machine gun during the fight and the Army billed him for it and gave him a Bronze star. A corpsman saved his thumb it was shot off and hanging by a tendon and the Doc just stuck it back in place and bandaged it.

Sorry for your early loss of your Stepdad.  What was the cause of his early demise?

Drinking, smoking and depression...and a massive heart attack. He was a really good guy.

16Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 7:29 pm

Markle

Markle

Simply replace the Commander in Chief.

Problem solved.

17Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 7:57 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Simply replace the Commander in Chief.

Problem solved.

I'm sorry, but you will have to wait until January of 2017.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

18Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/29/2015, 11:27 pm

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Problem solved.

Tragic for the world. Putin has made semi-retired President Obama look like a fool. Russia is filling the vacuum left by President Obama. He has easily taken over Crimea, is working to take all of the Ukraine as well as Libya.

What happens next? Russia takes over Iran and Iraq too?

19Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/30/2015, 12:32 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Problem solved.

Fire all our generals! Obamas10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

20Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/30/2015, 3:52 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Problem solved.

Tragic for the world.  Putin has made semi-retired President Obama look like a fool.  Russia is filling the vacuum left by President Obama.  He has easily taken over Crimea, is working to take all of the Ukraine as well as Libya.

What happens next?  Russia takes over Iran and Iraq too?

What's wrong with that? Why should we care if Russia "takes over" Iran and Iraq? Don't get your panties in a knot over it. Hell, where do I donate to help Russia take over Iraq? We've proven we can't do it!

21Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/30/2015, 10:46 am

gatorfan

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Problem solved.

Tragic for the world.  Putin has made semi-retired President Obama look like a fool.  Russia is filling the vacuum left by President Obama.  He has easily taken over Crimea, is working to take all of the Ukraine as well as Libya.

What happens next?  Russia takes over Iran and Iraq too?

What's wrong with that?  Why should we care if Russia "takes over" Iran and Iraq?  Don't get your panties in a knot over it.  Hell, where do I donate to help Russia take over Iraq?  We've proven we can't do it!

What's been proven in several countries in the M/E is that the populations are too uneducated and/or unwilling to solve their own problems. Why do you think dictators are so common (at least until our interference) over there? Our military couldn't fight a "real war" (like in WWII) since this whole quagmire is being managed by politicians. Just like Viet Nam - we had no business there either but when sent the military had their hands tied behind their back by clueless politicians.

Get ALL of our troops out of the M/E. Unfortunately Obama is slowly escalating our troop involvement in several areas, a continuance of his hesitant and ineffective "policy" over there.

22Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/30/2015, 12:16 pm

Agree

23Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/30/2015, 12:28 pm

Sal

Sal

Next to doing nothing, Obama's strategy in Syria has been the correct one - next to doing nothing.

Suggesting the possibility of pulling all of our forces out of the Middle East displays a naivete regarding geopolitical realities that is hard to overstate.

We have interests, we have allies, and we have allies' interests to consider in the region.

24Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/30/2015, 1:07 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Salinsky wrote:Next to doing nothing, Obama's strategy in Syria has been the correct one - next to doing nothing.

Suggesting the possibility of pulling all of our forces out of the Middle East displays a naivete regarding geopolitical realities that is hard to overstate.

We have interests, we have allies, and we have allies' interests to consider in the region.

But, as we've learned, our so-called Allies haven't proved out. We still want to consider Saudi Arabia an ally, yet it's most certainly our enemy. Hell, they're funding ISIS!

25Fire all our generals! Empty Re: Fire all our generals! 9/30/2015, 5:12 pm

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Next to doing nothing, Obama's strategy in Syria has been the correct one - next to doing nothing.

But, as we've learned, our so-called Allies haven't proved out.  We still want to consider Saudi Arabia an ally, yet it's most certainly our enemy.  Hell, they're funding ISIS!

Iran will soon have access to $150 BILLION of which they will spend much to help ISIS. ISIS is also funding itself with Billions in oil from the fields they control in Iran.

This administration was caught completely off guard by the attacks launched by Russia. What could go wrong when we have Russian attack fighters and American attack fighters in the same air space attacking the same area at the same time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum