Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Goodbye Yogi

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Goodbye Yogi Empty Goodbye Yogi 9/23/2015, 3:50 pm

polecat

polecat

Berra-isms (colloquial expressions that lack logic) are now countless, and many of them are just attributed to Berra, even if he never actually said them. As he so perfectly put it: “I never said most of the things I said.”

What are some of your favorite?

No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.

You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.

If the people don’t want to come out to the ballpark, nobody’s going to stop them

I can see how he (Sandy Koufax) won twenty-five games. What I don’t understand is how he lost five.

It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.

2Goodbye Yogi Empty Re: Goodbye Yogi 9/23/2015, 4:18 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Goodbye Yogi Yogi-Berra-Quotes

3Goodbye Yogi Empty Re: Goodbye Yogi 9/23/2015, 7:16 pm

I didn't say half of those things I said.

When you come to a fork in the road... take it.

4Goodbye Yogi Empty Re: Goodbye Yogi 9/23/2015, 7:26 pm

2seaoat

I remember in first and second grade trading my Yogi baseball cards. What a joy. Four or five kids with shoe boxes full of baseball cards. Getting your allowance and walking to the corner store and buying baseball cards. The excitement of getting a card you never had. Yogi was what defined a great deal of my youth. It was simple fun and excitement celebrating life with your heroes. A friend of mine in the early nineties sold his baseball card collection and put his daughter through college......my mother tossed my shoebox after I left for school......but I will always be thankful that she took me to see the yankees play and I got to see Yogi and Mickey play. What a wonderful life of innocence in the fifties and early sixties.

5Goodbye Yogi Empty Re: Goodbye Yogi 9/23/2015, 7:32 pm

Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.

A nickel ain’t wortha dime anymore.

Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.

I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four.

Never answer an anonymous letter.

The future ain’t what it used to be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum