Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Semi-retired President Obama gives Pope Francis the finger. I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY!

+2
Joanimaroni
Markle
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Once again, semi-retired President Obama goes out of his way to scorn and embarrass Christians. No surprise, much of his actions are designed specifically to stick his thumb in the eye of American voters who know what President Obama vehemently denies. That this is a CHRISTIAN nation.

Posted on September 19, 2015 by Paul Mirengoff in Barack Obama, China, Cuba, Religion

Obama gives Pope Francis the finger

President Obama has decided that his invited guests for the arrival of Pope Francis next week will include transgender activists, the first openly gay Episcopal bishop, and a nun who criticizes church policies on abortion and euthanasia. The Vatican has objected. It notes that photos taken with the pope might be used to suggest his endorsement of activities he does not approve.

I’m no fan of this pope. Thus, I’m tempted to think that if Pope Francis wants to embrace the left, let him experience the full menu.

What I actually think, however, is that Obama’s lack of respect for the pope is inexcusable. Including the nun who opposes church policy seems particularly egregious because Obama is gracelessly injecting himself into an internal church dispute.

Thus, I agree with Mona Charen who says:

"It’s vintage Obama. Even when hosting the most ideologically sympathetic pontiff in his lifetime (climate change, Cuba), Mr. Obama cannot restrain himself. He cannot be civil and respectful, searching for common ground. . . .

We’ve become a little inured to this president’s staggering insensitivity and passive aggression over the years. But in this case, you’d have to remove the “passive” part. This is an embarrassing moment for our country."

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/09/obama-gives-pope-francis-the-finger.php

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:Once again, semi-retired President Obama goes out of his way to scorn and embarrass Christians.  No surprise, much of his actions are designed specifically to stick his thumb in the eye of American voters who know what President Obama vehemently denies.  That this is a CHRISTIAN nation.

Posted on September 19, 2015 by Paul Mirengoff in Barack Obama, China, Cuba, Religion

Obama gives Pope Francis the finger

President Obama has decided that his invited guests for the arrival of Pope Francis next week will include transgender activists, the first openly gay Episcopal bishop, and a nun who criticizes church policies on abortion and euthanasia. The Vatican has objected. It notes that photos taken with the pope might be used to suggest his endorsement of activities he does not approve.

I’m no fan of this pope. Thus, I’m tempted to think that if Pope Francis wants to embrace the left, let him experience the full menu.

What I actually think, however, is that Obama’s lack of respect for the pope is inexcusable. Including the nun who opposes church policy seems particularly egregious because Obama is gracelessly injecting himself into an internal church dispute.

Thus, I agree with  Mona Charen who says:

"It’s vintage Obama. Even when hosting the most ideologically sympathetic pontiff in his lifetime (climate change, Cuba), Mr. Obama cannot restrain himself. He cannot be civil and respectful, searching for common ground. . . .

We’ve become a little inured to this president’s staggering insensitivity and passive aggression over the years. But in this case, you’d have to remove the “passive” part. This is an embarrassing moment for our country."

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/09/obama-gives-pope-francis-the-finger.php

Arrogant smug jackass.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well the pope isn't a Muslim now is he ?

Semi-retired President Obama gives Pope Francis the finger.  I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY! ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.frontpagemag.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F03%2Fobama-bows-to-saudi-king

2seaoat

Arrogant smug jackass.

The Pope's indifference to the mistreatment of Jews was often clear. In 1941, for example, after being asked by French Marshal Henri Philippe Petain if the Vatican would object to anti-Jewish laws, Pius XII answered that the church condemned racism, but did not repudiate every rule against the Jews.(16) When Petain's French puppet government introduced "Jewish statutes," the Vichy ambassador to the Holy See informed Petain that the Vatican did not consider the legislation in conflict with Catholic teachings, as long as they were carried out with "charity" and "justice."(17)

Nope.....maybe a history of popes not doing the moral thing might require a true Christian to remind some of the words of Jesus. Maybe state leaders which were many tried to get the Pope to assist in the Holocaust, and were told they were giving the pope the finger......but thank God they tried.

2seaoat wrote:Arrogant smug jackass.

The Pope's indifference to the mistreatment of Jews was often clear. In 1941, for example, after being asked by French Marshal Henri Philippe Petain if the Vatican would object to anti-Jewish laws, Pius XII answered that the church condemned racism, but did not repudiate every rule against the Jews.(16) When Petain's French puppet government introduced "Jewish statutes," the Vichy ambassador to the Holy See informed Petain that the Vatican did not consider the legislation in conflict with Catholic teachings, as long as they were carried out with "charity" and "justice."(17)

Nope.....maybe a history of popes not doing the moral thing might require a true Christian to remind some of the words of Jesus.  Maybe state leaders which were many tried to get the Pope to assist in the Holocaust, and were told they were giving the pope the finger......but thank God they tried.

The Pope is going against the teachings of his own faith. Sad. And any Christian, regardless of faith would not insult the Pope just out of respect.

2seaoat

The Pope is going against the teachings of his own faith. Sad. And any Christian, regardless of faith would not insult the Pope just out of respect.

No, he is not going against the teachings of Jesus......The Pope during WWII had that market cornered, as good German Christians and a Pope did not want any insults like acting Christian as 20 million people died because of racial hate and bigotry.....heaven help us if bigotry can be lessened in this world.....I imagine Jesus is fully satisfied that bigotry which killed over 20 million in Europe was a result of his followers not wanting to insult a Pope....splendid logic.

2seaoat wrote:The Pope is going against the teachings of his own faith. Sad. And any Christian, regardless of faith would not insult the Pope just out of respect.

No, he is not going against the teachings of Jesus......The Pope during WWII had that market cornered, as good German Christians and a Pope did not want any insults like acting Christian as 20 million people died because of racial hate and bigotry.....heaven help us if bigotry can be lessened in this world.....I imagine Jesus is fully satisfied that bigotry which killed over 20 million in Europe was a result of his followers not wanting to insult a Pope....splendid logic.

Yes, when he tells people that priests can absolve the sin of abortion, that is against the entire faith of Christianity. Only Christ forgives sin. Not one other person. You don't even know the Bible.

2seaoat

Yes, when he tells people that priests can absolve the sin of abortion, that is against the entire faith of Christianity. Only Christ forgives sin. Not one other person. You don't even know the Bible.

Yep, you and my Baptist grandmother have your theology in sync.....both of you were convinced Catholics were not Christians. I was convinced when I was in the North Birmingham Baptist Church hearing from the pulpit it was the folks at the church where the four little girls got blown up fault....yep.....I had to take a second look at the nonsense of mixing politics with religion......Matthew six tells me I do not need you to tell me what I know about the Bible.....but you knew that already......your the guy in church standing up praying the loudest.

2seaoat wrote:Yes, when he tells people that priests can absolve the sin of abortion, that is against the entire faith of Christianity. Only Christ forgives sin. Not one other person. You don't even know the Bible.

Yep, you and my Baptist grandmother have your theology in sync.....both of you were convinced Catholics were not Christians.  I was convinced when I was in the North Birmingham Baptist Church hearing from the pulpit it was the folks at the church where the four little girls got blown up fault....yep.....I had to take a second look at the nonsense of mixing politics with religion......Matthew six tells me I do not need you to tell me what I know about the Bible.....but you knew that already......your the guy in church standing up praying the loudest.

No tard, there are Catholics who are Christians, many won't read the Bible much like yourself or even know how to find a book in the Bible because they think the priest has to be their go between in the faith. The Pope, just last week, said PRIESTS can absolve women of their sin of abortion and that is patently a LIE.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/09/01/during-jubilee-priests-can-absolve-faithful-abortion-sin-pope-says/

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Arrogant smug jackass.

Nope.....maybe a history of popes not doing the moral thing might require a true Christian to remind some of the words of Jesus.  Maybe state leaders which were many tried to get the Pope to assist in the Holocaust, and were told they were giving the pope the finger......but thank God they tried.

Now you're copying and pasting to make up your word salad.

Allow me to remind you, the topic is the abuse of the Pope by our semi-retired President.

2seaoat

And inviting Jews to the Papal event would have a profound impact on the German Military career officers who were Christians and had significant numbers of Catholics. The pope taking a position against bigotry would have had a profound impact on shortening the war, but instead nobody gave the finger.

The bigotry toward same sex individuals and transexuals who are all God's children is not giving the finger, it is reminding all of us who are Christians that we should treat others as we wish to be treated....not with bigotry and hate.

It appears the Muslim in the White House has a pretty good idea of the bible and how to live up to Christian ideals. I know these concepts are difficult for 121 on the list.....things seem like a salad and all mixed up.....try reading slower, and when as you probably do a lot now nod off, reread it a second time.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You always have to take semi-demented poster Markle's "I am SHOCKED I SAY" threads with a grain of salt. Those titles are a give away that he is throwing up another cheap propaganda piece.

Semi-retired President Obama gives Pope Francis the finger.  I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY! 62840295

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"Arrogant smug jackass"

Who? Markle? The author of this tripe? Or you?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
"Arrogant smug jackass"

Who?  Markle?  The author of this tripe?  Or you?
None of the above!

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:And inviting Jews to the Papal event would have a profound impact on the German Military career officers who were Christians and had significant numbers of Catholics.   The pope taking a position against bigotry would have had a profound impact on shortening the war, but instead nobody gave the finger.

The bigotry toward same sex individuals and transexuals who are all God's children is not giving the finger, it is reminding all of us who are Christians that we should treat others as we wish to be treated....not with bigotry and hate.

It appears the Muslim in the White House has a pretty good idea of the bible and how to live up to Christian ideals.   I know these concepts are difficult for 121 on the list.....things seem like a salad and all mixed up.....try reading slower, and when as you probably do a lot now nod off, reread it a second time.

What? When did the VAST MAJORITY of individuals become more than one sex?

OTHER than to give the finger to the Pope, why else would intentionally invite a guest list opposed to by the Vatican?

True, semi-retired President Obama is, bar none, the best president we have ever had at insulting and denigrating our friends and closest world leaders.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:True, semi-retired President Obama is, bar none, the best president we have ever had at insulting and denigrating our friends and closest world leaders.

Then why did George W. Bush give German Chancellor Angela Merkel an uninvited neck massage in front of several world leaders?

Semi-retired President Obama gives Pope Francis the finger.  I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY! Untitl10

"...insulting and denigrating our friends and closest world leaders.." indeed!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Semi-retired President Obama gives Pope Francis the finger.  I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY! ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.huffpost.com%2Fgadgets%2Fslideshows%2F386%2Fslide_386_10357_large
Semi-retired President Obama gives Pope Francis the finger.  I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY! ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthenypost.files.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F02%2Fnew_congress_senate]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum