Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

STUDY: Homophobes Are Assholes

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:If anybody here thinks you can stereotype someone

You just did that, Bob ....

Bob wrote:

Homosexual men are turned on by the same things in men as heterosexual women are.
Heterosexual men revel in it when a woman finds something about them attractive.  It's the ultimate compliment.
But boy when a male pays them the same compliment,  they really can't accept that as being a compliment.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:As a Progressive, I would think you'd be proud to be hit on by so many gay men.  You're not?

Curious....

STUDY:  Homophobes Are Assholes - Page 2 Fuk_of10

STUDY:  Homophobes Are Assholes - Page 2 Hamlet_quote_t_shirt-p2359314148773-1

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal,  

About your last post.  You've lost me.  What did I say that has me stereotyping something?
And I know I probably did and it's just that I'm not cognizant of it.  Because your observations are sometimes spot on.  Not always,  but probably most of the time.  So go ahead and spell it out for me so I'll know what you're talking about.  lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Sal,  

About your last post.  You've lost me.  What did I say that has me stereotyping something?
And I know I probably did and it's just that I'm not cognizant of it.  Because your observations are sometimes spot on.  Not always,  but probably most of the time.  So go ahead and spell it out for me so I'll know what you're talking about.  lol

You just put all homosexual men and heterosexual men in respective boxes in regards to what turns them on, when in reality, they are as varied as any other human being.

I did the same thing with hetero women, but I was definitely kidding, because I didn't have two nickels to run together when my lovely wife chose to marry me.

30STUDY:  Homophobes Are Assholes - Page 2 Empty Re: STUDY: Homophobes Are Assholes 9/14/2015, 10:36 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:

You just put all homosexual men and heterosexual men in respective boxes in regards to what turns them on, when in reality, they are as varied as any other human being.

I did the same thing with hetero women, but I was definitely kidding, because I didn't have two nickels to run together when my lovely wife chose to marry me.

Let's take them one at a time. First this one...

Well the accepted definition of heterosexual men is that women turn them on. And the accepted definition of homosexual men is that men turn them on.
If a man's sexual desires are "varied", then that's the accepted definition for the term bisexual.

So yes, I'm stereotyping heterosexual men as being attracted to women. And I'm stereotyping homosexual men as being attracted to men.
Sue me. lol

And now this one...

Yes, I did feed into a stereotype with this one. Probably as bad a stereotype as "blondes are all dumb".
No of course not all blondes are dumb and not all women want a man only for his money.

BUT, trust me, I've been around enough women who want a man's money to know that this is a stereotype which has some grounding in reality. lol

31STUDY:  Homophobes Are Assholes - Page 2 Empty Re: STUDY: Homophobes Are Assholes 9/14/2015, 10:47 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually there's plenty of justification for why women have wanted a man for his money.
Historically,  it's only been a short time since women were allowed to compete with men in the work force.  Before that,  and all down through most all of history,  a woman was a second class citizen who wasn't permitted or expected to do much of anything except give birth and cook meals.
Remember,  Jehova only created women as an afterthought to his creating men.  A woman was just a spin-off of "Adam's rib".  lol

The point being,  that if you or I either one had been a woman having to endure and cope with a woman's place in THAT society,  you or I would be after the man's money too.  Hell,  that would be the only money available to us.  

So the stereotype derives from the past.  Today's woman has broken out of that box.  And often now contributes more money than the man.
My closest relative who is like a brother to me is living off his wife's salary.
And so is one of my closest friends.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:I love this talk about men objecting to being hit on by men.

Homosexual men are turned on by the same things in men as heterosexual women are.
Heterosexual men revel in it when a woman finds something about them attractive.  It's the ultimate compliment.
But boy when a male pays them the same compliment,  they really can't accept that as being a compliment.

But granted,  if after you say "not interested,  I'm not gay",  the homosexual keeps hitting on you,  then that homosexual is indeed an asshole and that does engender homophobia.  I get that.
But an asshole is an asshole.  Don't judge a whole minority only by it's assholes.  Every minority has assholes and so does every majority.

That's true, Bob...and I suppose it is a compliment...but I've been in a situation where I had to get emphatic about "No"...and I don't like that feeling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum