Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kudos to Rand Paul

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kudos to Rand Paul Empty Kudos to Rand Paul 8/20/2015, 9:33 am

nadalfan

He should stick to this instead of politics. I mean that sincerely.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rand-paul-eye-surgery_55d4fc40e4b055a6dab2d683?utm_hp_ref=politics&kvcommref=mostpopular

In addition to his political career, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is an ophthalmologist. From time to time, the 2016 presidential candidate returns to his old job and gives free eye surgeries to low-income people.

For the past two years, he has travelled to Haiti with a group of ophthalmologists from the University of Utah to perform free cataract removal surgeries.

IJReview filmed Paul on his most recent trip last week, while his fellow candidates hobnobbed and ate fried food at the Iowa State Fair.

“I don’t ask people what their political party is when we operate on them,” Paul says in the video, released Wednesday. “In the operating room, there are no politics.”

According to the video, cataracts are the leading cause of blindness for Haitians.

Last summer, Paul gave free eye surgeries in Guatemala.

2Kudos to Rand Paul Empty Re: Kudos to Rand Paul 8/20/2015, 9:39 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Right helping the blind to see has nothing to do with politics....

3Kudos to Rand Paul Empty Re: Kudos to Rand Paul 8/20/2015, 10:05 am

nadalfan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Right helping the blind to see has nothing to do with politics....

True, but I rather see him doing that than at the fair. Whatever his motivations, I'm happy for the people that benefited from it.

4Kudos to Rand Paul Empty Re: Kudos to Rand Paul 8/20/2015, 10:06 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/10/trump-gave-10000-to-rand-paul-to-support-guatemala-charity-eye-surgeries/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum