Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The two leading candidates for president are men who can't be bought.

+3
Hospital Bob
Sal
Wordslinger
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Right or left, the facts are neither Bernie nor Trump can be bought. And Amerika Inc. is being trampled by masses on both sides of the political spectrum, who are fed-up with the ongoing chaos brought by our dysfunctional political system that has sold its soul.

Note to Semi-sane Markle: The fact that Bernie and Trump won't bow down to your fascist, corporatist bloodsuckers, makes my heart soar.

Down with Amerika Inc. -- Control of our government through campaign financing. Vote Bernie or Trump!

It's truly ironic . . . that we are witnessing the death of big money in politics, due to one highly principled man, and one who is unbelievably wealthy. Celebrate the change, it's wonderful for America.

Sal

Sal

True.

One can't be bought because he inherited his Daddy's fortune and has only managed to lose about half of it, and the other can't be bought because he is deeply principled.

Now, who to vote for? ....

scratch

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:True.

One can't be bought because he inherited his Daddy's fortune and has only managed to lose about half of it, and the other can't be bought because he is deeply principled.

Now, who to vote for? ....

scratch

I didn't know you were religious,  Sal.  Because that post sounds a whole lot like the God vs Satan theme found in the Holy Bible.
And as I think about it,  that bears a great resemblance to your whole take on politics.   It's even closer to it than wrastlin is. lol

Last edited by Bob on 8/17/2015, 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total

I think you can add carson to that list too... atleast at this early stage.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:I think you can add carson to that list too... atleast at this early stage.

Really? His own research using fetal tissue doesn't jibe at all with his proclamations that such research is no longer needed or justified.

If that's too sophisticated for you, the Doctor just lost his credibility.

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I think you can add carson to that list too... atleast at this early stage.

Really? His own research using fetal tissue doesn't jibe at all with his proclamations that such research is no longer needed or justified.

He's a doctor. Doctors take samples. This must be quite shocking to you. I'll just let you absorb that for awhile.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The dude is a neurosurgeon, for christ sakes.  Maybe you've heard that old saying about brain surgery and rocket science.   He's the former.  lol

As much as I hate taking a cue from seaoat on anything,  I think what he's told us ad infinitum in posts here has to apply.  If anyone doesn't respect an African American brain surgeon for the accomplishments he's made,  there can only be one explanation.  I'll give you a hint.  It's a word that begins with the letter "R".  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:Right or left, the facts are neither Bernie nor Trump can be bought.  And Amerika Inc. is being trampled by masses on both sides of the political spectrum, who are fed-up with the ongoing chaos brought by our dysfunctional political system that has sold its soul.

Note to Semi-sane Markle:  The fact that Bernie and Trump won't bow down to your fascist, corporatist bloodsuckers, makes my heart soar.  

Down with Amerika Inc. -- Control of our government through campaign financing.  Vote Bernie or Trump!

It's truly ironic . . . that we are witnessing the death of big money in politics, due to one highly principled man, and one who is unbelievably wealthy.  Celebrate the change, it's wonderful for America.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Really?  His own research using fetal tissue doesn't jibe at all with his proclamations that such research is no longer needed or justified.

He's a doctor. Doctors take samples. This must be quite shocking to you. I'll just let you absorb that for awhile.

Samples my ass. Carson wrote and submitted an article on his research in a medical journal. He's a phony who it's clear will say anything that he thinks is politically advantageous. It's obvious his protestations about the use of fetal tissue for research are nothing but a raw attempt by him to gain political support from the whacko end of your party. Hell, Trump has ten times the integrity of Carson!

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Really?  His own research using fetal tissue doesn't jibe at all with his proclamations that such research is no longer needed or justified.

Samples my ass. Carson wrote and submitted an article on his research in a medical journal. He's a phony who it's clear will say anything that he thinks is politically advantageous. It's obvious his protestations about the use of fetal tissue for research are nothing but a raw attempt by him to gain political support from the whacko end of your party. Hell, Trump has ten times the integrity of Carson!

“Today I was accused by the press as having done research on fetal tissue. It simply is not true… My only involvement in this study was supplying tumors that I had removed from my patients. The fetal tissue that was viewed in this study by others was not collected for this study.”

“I am sickened by the attack that I, after having spent my entire life caring for children, had something to do with aborting a child and harvesting organs. My medical specialty is the human brain and even I am amazed at what it is capable of doing. Please know these attacks are pathetic attempts to blunt our progress.”

This is where a decent person with ethics would apologize.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

“Today I was accused by the press as having done research on fetal tissue. It simply is not true… My only involvement in this study was supplying tumors that I had removed from my patients. The fetal tissue that was viewed in this study by others was not collected for this study.”

“I am sickened by the attack that I, after having spent my entire life caring for children, had something to do with aborting a child and harvesting organs. My medical specialty is the human brain and even I am amazed at what it is capable of doing. Please know these attacks are pathetic attempts to blunt our progress.”

He said that doing research on fetal tissue is wrong, but he didn't perform the actual abortions, so his research on fetal tissue was cool.

Total and complete bullshit.

And, you're entirely correct ...

... he should apologize.

2seaoat

Dr. Carson is a smart man, but we need people who have experience in government and preferably governors who have actually ran a state.  People outside this experience can still excel and become great presidents, as Harry  Truman is an example of a man with average intelligence and cursory county level experience before he became VP, yet he surrounded himself with excellence and had the common sense necessary to be a good president.

Hillary Clinton, Kasich, are by far the most qualified in this election cycle, but there have been numerous exceptions.....President Bush's experience as governor of Texas sure did not translate well into competency as President.

gatorfan

Salinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

He said that doing research on fetal tissue is wrong, but he didn't perform the actual abortions, so his research on fetal tissue was cool.

... he should apologize.

You probably ought to read this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/13/ben-carson-no-apologies-for-1992-fetal-tissue-research/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

I am sickened by the attack that I, after having spent my entire life caring for children, had something to do with aborting a child and harvesting organs. My medical specialty is the human brain and even I am amazed at what it is capable of doing. Please know these attacks are pathetic attempts to blunt our progress.”

... he should apologize.

No, he said he supplied tumors used in the study. To determine whether or not he's a hypocrite, we'd need to determine what he knew about the study.
If he knew it involved the use of fetal tissue then he's such a hypocrite that I would say he should withdraw from the race because of it.

But, using the words which originated in the Nixon era, what did he know and when did he know it? lol

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bernie can't be bought because he's fine with being poor .... and fine with you being poor too.

by 2seaoat Today at 8:03 pm
Dr. Carson is a smart man, but we need people who have experience in government and preferably governors who have actually ran a state. People outside this experience can still excel and become great presidents, as Harry Truman is an example of a man with average intelligence and cursory county level experience before he became VP, yet he surrounded himself with excellence and had the common sense necessary to be a good president.

Hillary Clinton, Kasich, are by far the most qualified in this election cycle, but there have been numerous exceptions.....President Bush's experience as governor of Texas sure did not translate well into competency as President.-----

Hillary has never been a governor,,, just the spouse of one and he accomplishments as a senator match those as SOS - nada

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
To determine whether or not he's a hypocrite,  we'd need to determine what he knew about the study.

He was the co-author of the research paper that noted tissue from aborted fetuses of 9th and 17th weeks of gestation were used.

EmeraldGhost wrote:Bernie can't be bought because he's fine with being poor .... and fine with you being poor too.

But he wants to buy votes by promising some people other peoples money. Lol... you just can't make that shit up.

Telstar

Telstar

I can't imagine America allowing either one of them to put their finger on the button. One is a super rich clown that is popular right now because he is so entertaining and the other one is older than dirt. Just imagine all the endless old man jokes. He will be 75 on election day. Reagan was only 77 when he left office.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

gatorfan wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

... he should apologize.

You probably ought to read this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/13/ben-carson-no-apologies-for-1992-fetal-tissue-research/

Gatorhead: Thanks. I read the linked article, and deduce that Carson did indeed work on fetal tissue for research he was doing. I also see that he is not against fetal tissue research, only against research that uses aborted fetus's tissue. It's all clear as mud. But what does come through is that Carson would support legislation that outlawed abortion period. No doubt the women of America have noted that, as they should have.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum