Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump will rise in the polls after his NH press conference

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

He is a brilliant showman.  However, tonight at his press conference he started to get into real substance......infrastructure investment, trade, and campaign reform and he pulled it off effortlessly.   Kelly is taking a ten day vacation from the network.......she is in a tough position.    She was used like a knife or fork at the dinner table to attack trump.   Does anybody think those question were spontaneous or created by Kelly?   Hell no.....she was set up by Fox to be a hit woman on a Fox target......she shot and winged Trump who turned and destroyed her for her lack of journalistic ethos.....he was right in that regard.  However, I watch Kelly.  She is much smarter than her news reader role at Fox.  She could easily be the head honcho at any of the traditional networks.....I predict that she is having serious doubts of how she will play out her career.  She is better than what she did at the debate, but will she spill the beans and leave Fox......stay tuned, but Trump is here to stay.

Sal

Sal

He looks incredibly unhealthy.

He's prolly snorting mountains of coke or something.

He thinks he's a rock star.

He may be dead by November, 2016.

2seaoat

Wow.....I could not agree with your more......he is not a healthy man, and you are right.....he looks awful compared to two years ago.  However, after his news conference, he is taking this more serious than I thought he would.  He dominated that press conference and actually had some sane policy positions which will touch voters.  Only he and Huckabee want to not touch social security and medicare......if he drives this home, he will destroy other candidates....he is not following the Republican doublethink positions and voters are getting this.  He is going to destroy the Dixiecrats control of the Party.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote: He is going to destroy the Dixiecrats control of the Party.

Did you not read the schadenfreude thread.

Trump's support is comprised of the gap toothed, illiterate, mouth-breathing Dixiecrats.

2seaoat

Did you not read the schadenfreude thread.

Trump's support is comprised of the gap toothed, illiterate, mouth-breathing Dixiecrats.

I did.  He is going to be pull the crazies to his cause.  The traditional evil enterprise of control of the Republican Party has mostly been the strategic use of race to draw those crazies to the Republican party but with the Trump candidacy he will cause an irreparable split which will render the Republican Party superfluous in national elections.   The Dixiecrat migration will seek third party candidacies or a new party.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Perhaps Trump has peaked at his 25% or so?   Remember, while he may have 25% or so support in the polls now, there's another 75% he doesn't have.  

We'll see what happens when some of the lesser candidates drop from the race .... which way will their supporters go and how many of them?   To Trump or someone else?  

As an aside .... Kasich seems to be picking up some steam.  Credible candidate with a substantial record of achievement (particularly during the Clinton administration) & no scandals in his background (that we know of yet.) He's worth watching, anyway.

2seaoat

Kasich is the best.  However, Trump after this press conference will start being taken serious.  His poll numbers are going to rise in NH....guaranteed.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Kasich is the best.  However, Trump after this press conference will start being taken serious.  His poll numbers are going to rise in NH....guaranteed.

Early poll numbers are of liimited use when it comes to making predictions, IMO.

Recall if you will Santorum tied Romney in the 2012 Iowa caucuses with Ron Paul a close 3rd.

Ron Paul & Jon Huntsman were 2nd & 3rd in New Hampshire last time aroudn .... where are they today?

I think Iowa & New Hampshire poll numbers at this stage of the game have become less & less important in winnowing the field than they used to be.

2seaoat

In regards to money.....they are critical.  Trump does not need to follow that model......he will go deep into the primaries, and I think he will be a key component in a brokered convention which is an absolute possibility.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:In regards to money.....they are critical.  Trump does not need to follow that model......he will go deep into the primaries, and I think he will be a key component in a brokered convention which is an absolute possibility.

He's certainly getting a lot of free press lately ... much of it prime time even.

At the very least, he'll have the cash to stick out the primary to the end & be able to influence the platform at the convention.

2seaoat

He basically told Fox News to go F themselves, and the Kelly 10 vacation.....there will be more to that story.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:He is a brilliant showman.  However, tonight at his press conference he started to get into real substance......infrastructure investment, trade, and campaign reform and he pulled it off effortlessly.   Kelly is taking a ten day vacation from the network.......she is in a tough position.    She was used like a knife or fork at the dinner table to attack trump.   Does anybody think those question were spontaneous or created by Kelly?   Hell no.....she was set up by Fox to be a hit woman on a Fox target......she shot and winged Trump who turned and destroyed her for her lack of journalistic ethos.....he was right in that regard.  However, I watch Kelly.  She is much smarter than her news reader role at Fox.  She could easily be the head honcho at any of the traditional networks.....I predict that she is having serious doubts of how she will play out her career.  She is better than what she did at the debate, but will she spill the beans and leave Fox......stay tuned, but Trump is here to stay.

Scary!

2seaoat

Trump will go up in the polls again after the Iowa State fair.  He is going to be taking the few points some of these lesser candidates have and they will be getting out because money is drying up.  Butchmeup is rejected entirely now tracking at 0 fallen from 2.   The MIC puppet is being rejected by Republican voters in mass as trump is absorbing most of the support.  He actually started talking policy in NH and he was NOT toeing the Republican Party line.  If he gets up to the low forties, he could win a brokered convention, or win it outright.  Anything over thirty percent makes him a viable third party candidate.

Sal

Sal

Just watched him on CNN.

He took a few questions, and then gave kids rides on his Trumpcopter.

He is entertaining, but like a caricature or long-running SNL skit.

2seaoat

He will get better on the issues and with each passing month he is killing the lesser candidates which do not have financing.  He really did a surprisingly good job handling reporter questions and gave as substantive of answers as you could expect from him at this time.  If he gets solid policy people working with him, he could get to thirty percent, and at that point the game will be going to the convention....he is looking each day like he can sustain a campaign....I never expected the same.

Sal

Sal

Trump will rise in the polls after his NH press conference Screen20

Saw this on the intertubez a while back.

I've still not gotten past the stage one - Ha ha, Trump stage.

2seaoat

He is a joke.  He is a self promoting showman.  However, we now have a dipstick to measure the level of stupid in this country......and there is plenty of stupid in the oil pan.

Sal

Sal

If the world thought Dubya was the embodiment of the Ugly American, they ain't seen nothin' yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum