Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cuba -- Sometimes America does something wonderful and just ...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

You don't hear me give compliments to the U.S. government very often. But today, with the opening of the new American Embassy in Cuba, I'm happy to say that when we do something right, wonderful and just, it makes me so very proud of my country.

There are two basic approaches to American foreign policy -- one champions might, and military power and relies on threats and violence.

The other offers respect, cooperation, and good will.

It's natural, I think, that today's events in Havana will be violently opposed by the Republican party -- who only advocate foreign relations based on the threat of American militarism.

I offer this to all my conservative opponents: fuck war.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

There will be many businesses in Florida who will take advantage of the new relationship between Cuba and the United States. Commerce in Florida's ports, including our own here in Pensacola, should benefit.

This move was a smart thing to do and falls in the "Win" category for President Obama.

The grumbling opposition from the far-right that likely will take place will be misplaced and very shortsighted.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

nadalfan

Wordslinger wrote:You don't hear me give compliments to the U.S. government very often.  But today, with the opening of the new American Embassy in Cuba, I'm happy to say that when we do something right, wonderful and just, it makes me so very proud of my country.

There are two basic approaches to American foreign policy -- one champions might, and military power and relies on threats and violence.  

The other offers respect, cooperation, and good will.

It's natural, I think, that today's events in Havana will be violently opposed by the Republican party -- who only advocate foreign relations based on the threat of American militarism.

I offer this to all my conservative opponents:  fuck war.

"The other offers respect, cooperation, and good will."

That is the America I love and expect. Maybe a little corny, but that is the way I believe we should approach and lead the world.
Thank you President Obama!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum