Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump’s Newest Enemy: Fox News

+4
Sal
boards of FL
nadalfan
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/08/donald-trumps-newest-enemy-fox-news.html

nadalfan

Bob wrote:http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/08/donald-trumps-newest-enemy-fox-news.html

I checked the RNC's facebook page last night and there were a lot of people angry at Fox and the moderators.

boards of FL

boards of FL

They definitely went at him last night. There was nothing even remotely "fair and balanced" about that debate.

nadalfan

boards of FL wrote:They definitely went at him last night.  There was nothing even remotely "fair and balanced" about that debate.  

No, it wasn't. I wonder how that will affect the polls; it'll be interesting to see.

Sal

Sal

Maybe so, but I don't think they laid a glove on him.

Josh Marshall over at TPM summed it all up quite nicely ...

Debate Summary

Foxbots to Trump: Are you not a fraud, a cretin and a scoundrel.

Trump: I'm very rich. Fuck yourself. I have no time for your nonsense.

Crowd: Cheers wildly.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/debate-summary

Sal

Sal

Donald Trump’s Newest Enemy: Fox News  Screen17

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Is there anyone here who watched that Frank Luntz thing after the debate?

If so, regardless if you like Trump or hate Trump, let's take an objective look at what you witnessed.

And what you witnessed is this. BEFORE this debate took place, Trump was so popular that he was DOUBLING the other candidates in the polls.

DURING the debate, Trump was the same Trump all these people voting in the polls had become familiar with. I didn't see him say or do anything that wasn't the same Trump we've all been seeing.

But then we watch this Luntz character assemble about a dozen people. AND no one has any idea how these dozen people were chosen. In fact, I've seen this Luntz shtick probably close to a hundred times by now, and we NEVER learn anything about how these so-called "focus groups" are chosen.

And then what do we see? Virtually every one of these people who were put on camera say "I really like Trump before the debate, but now after the debate I hate him".

Now remember, Luntz is paid a lot of money to do this shtick. He's become a regular fixture on this so-called "news" channel.
And also remember, that the immigrant who owns this "news" channel has made no secret about how much he hates Trump.

You do the math.

boards of FL

boards of FL

The "focus groups" are an attempt to stoke herd mentality. Show the viewer an average middle class mid-westerner saying things like "I'm concerned with...." and then all of the FOX News viewers will log on to their respective internet forums the next day and repeat that same concern verbatim.

Sal

Sal

Luntz has been a hemorrhoid on the asshole of our body politic for quite some time now.

You're just now noticing because he was sicced upon your man crush.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And then there was the opening of the debate.

All Fox News wanted to do is get Trump to confess that he doesn't worship that stupid political party like Fox News does.
It's like that political party is a religion and anyone who is not part of that religion is an infidel.

But what I think Fox News is missing is, the reason Trump is doubling everyone else in the polls has a lot to do with many Americans being sick and tired of having to worship one or the other of these two goddamn political parties.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:the reason Trump is doubling everyone else in the polls has a lot to do with many Americans being sick and tired of having to worship one or the other of these two goddamn political parties.

Maybe a little bit.

But, the main reason he's doing so well is that the GOP base really, really likes assholes, and he's a YOOOOOOGE asshole.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I know,  Sal.  Democrats are geniuses and everybody else is retarded.
We got that from you about a hundred threads back.  It was at about the same time Merkle established that republicans are geniuses and everybody else is retarded AND a commie.   lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:Luntz has been a hemorrhoid on the asshole of our body politic for quite some time now.

Actually, Sal, I knew what Luntz was the first time I ever saw that little prick do his shtick on Hannity.
Luntz has the exact same role on there as Dick Morris. And I bet if somebody dug into Luntz's personal life it would probably turn out to be sucking prostitute's toes like Morris does. Because Luntz has one unique distinction. He has to be the ugliest and homliest looking human being who they ever put in front of a tv camera.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Luntz has been a hemorrhoid on the asshole of our body politic for quite some time now.

Actually,  Sal,  I knew what Luntz was the first time I ever saw that little prick do his shtick on Hannity.
Luntz has the exact same role on there as Dick Morris.  And I bet if somebody dug into Luntz's personal life it would probably turn out to be sucking prostitute's toes like Morris does.  Because Luntz has one unique distinction.  He has to be the ugliest and homliest looking human being who they ever put in front of a tv camera.  

(holds envelope to head)

Three hookers and a 50 gallon tub of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

(opens envelope)

How Frank Luntz will be spending his Friday night.

(queue Johnny Carson theme)

Donald Trump’s Newest Enemy: Fox News  07-9-29-EdMcMahon1

"Hahaha.  He certainly is a dirty bastard, sir"  Ed McMahon

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

[ALL SARCASM OFF]

I really like this Ed McMahon thing you've been doing, bds. Very creative.

Donald Trump’s Newest Enemy: Fox News  Ebert_2527712b

boards of FL

boards of FL

Donald Trump’s Newest Enemy: Fox News  07-9-29-EdMcMahon1

"Hermetically sealed, sir!"  Ed McMahon

Trump is an idiot. Megyn Kelly called him out, as she should have, on his despicable comments to and about women. He's a first class jerk. Not presidential material. I'm glad Megyn did to back down.

http://www.businessinsider.com/megyn-kelly-v-donald-trump-in-debate-2015-8

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Don Imus: "Do you think Frank Luntz felt bad when I talked about his rug?"

Mike Francesa: "Maybe not Frank himself, but the people who donated their hair to have that wool hall runner he duct tapes to his head every morning probably do".

Donald Trump’s Newest Enemy: Fox News  Luntz10

Sal

Sal

SheWrites wrote:Trump is an idiot.  Megyn Kelly called him out, as she should have, on his despicable comments to and about women.  He's a first class jerk.  Not presidential material.  I'm glad Megyn did to back down.

http://www.businessinsider.com/megyn-kelly-v-donald-trump-in-debate-2015-8

Yes, he is a misogynistic asshole.

Unfortunately, the GOP is a misogynistic asshole of a party.

This was illustrated magnificently when the question turned to abortion, and three of the candidates competed with each other for the most extreme position that abortion should be illegal, with no exceptions, even when the life of the mother is at risk.

They revealed explicitly that to them the fetus gestating in a woman's body is more important than the woman carrying it.

Their contempt for women as nothing more than incubators couldn't be more clear.

How any woman could vote for a Republican is a mystery.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

bds,

Carson retired from television in 1992 when you were 12 years old. Are you a fan?

2seaoat

I was at Northwestern getting shots this morning and a cat scan and while waiting for the scan in a waiting room WGN which is the Republican station in Chicago had people on who were Trump supporters who  were furious with how Trump was set up and they said they liked him even more.  The people in the waiting room said Fox was unfair.   I then go to play a couple hours of poker, and everybody at the table was angry with Fox being unfair with Trump......I just kept my mouth shut, but Fox stuck their foot in it.

2seaoat

Megyn Kelly called him out, as she should have, on his despicable comments to and about women. He's a first class jerk. Not presidential material. I'm glad Megyn did to back down.

She is a news reader pretending to be a journalist.  She is highly intelligent, but rarely does she use her native intelligence and simply follows the script.  Its sad because I think she could become a great journalist but she has sold her soul.  Totally unfair to Trump.....but he is an idiot, but this fair and balanced is a myth.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

It may or may not be true that Fox is out to get Trump. It is true that Trump's a first class jerk. It's also true that Megyn Kelly is smarter than she appears. But look at the outcome...both Fox and Trump made out like bandits on last night's debate...I think the whole thing was staged to draw attention away from the absolute fact that the GOP offers nothing but misery for the majority of people.

I'm not sure why you think humans need to be coddled... but there are worse things than self-induced misery.

Like the lack of freedom and opportunity in collectivist statism. Humans must strive in order to thrive. That's nature.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
But look at the outcome...both Fox and Trump made out like bandits on last night's debate...I think the whole thing was staged...  

Fox News made out like bandits because the entertainment divisions of these commercial media conglomerates are now designing the "news" content.
And it's not just Fox News which benefits from this year and a half long television reality show. All commercial "news media" benefits.

It's for the same reason "late night" programming is so important to the broadcast networks. It makes a lot of money because it's relatively so inexpensive to produce.
And the same applies to this. For a year and a half (every four years), these commercial "news gathering" businesses don't have to do as much gathering.
For the other two and a half years of this cycle, they have to spend money to go out and find and produce content.
But not now. Now all they have to do is put some talking heads in a television studio and turn on the cameras and keep them talking for a year and a half. Or occasionally put the same talking heads in an auditorium with the candidates and garner about the same size audience as American Idol when it was still at it's peak popularity. And with equivalent advertising revenues.

A television corporation is no different from a bank or an insurance company.
All it actually cares about is it's bottom line. And in the television industry, the revenues correspond to the size of the audience. They will present us with anything which they're convinced will increase the size of the audience.
Why do you think the current shakeup is happening at MSNBC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum