Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Planned Parenthood Warns Media Outlets NOT TO AIR Undercover Video of Baby Organ Harvesting

+7
boards of FL
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
nadalfan
Floridatexan
TEOTWAWKI
Markle
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Markle

Markle

Hillary Clinton has found herself in another pickle. After strongly supporting Planned Parenthood for decades, she is "reconsidering" her position after both seeing the third video AND the polls. Mostly the polls, personally she has no position.

Planned Parenthood Warns Media Outlets NOT TO AIR Undercover Video of Baby Organ Harvesting

Jim Hoft Jul 28th, 2015 8:24 pm —64 Comments

Planned Parenthood warned media outlets in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota not to air the latest undercover video on the organization’s baby organ harvesting operation by the Center for Medical Progress.

Planned Parenthood Warns Media Outlets NOT TO AIR Undercover Video of Baby Organ Harvesting Buyer-tissue-planned-parenthood-575x324_zpsu2oheh9c

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/07/planned-parenthood-warns-media-outlets-not-to-air-undercover-video-of-baby-organ-harvesting/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Thank god for media that is not government controlled and that gives a damn about the truth.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The video, like the James O'Keefe ACORN video, was heavily edited...and you people KNOW this, but you keep promoting the lies anyway.

nadalfan

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2015/07/29/gop-presses-planned-parenthood-aid-ban-faces-long-odds

WASHINGTON (AP) — Under fire for its role in providing fetal tissue for research, Planned Parenthood asked the government's top health scientists Wednesday to convene a panel of independent experts to study the issues surrounding the little-known branch of medicine.

Planned Parenthood's request to the National Institutes of Health came as Senate Republicans pressed their fight to bar the organization from receiving federal aid. Likely opposition from at least one GOP senator highlighted the long odds the GOP will face in a Senate showdown vote expected early next week.

Planned Parenthood, which gets more than $500 million of its $1.3 billion annual budget from federal and state programs, has been under fire since the release of videos showing some of its officials discussing how they obtain organs from aborted fetuses for research. The videos were furtively recorded by an anti-abortion group.

"The inflammatory and misleading videos have pushed this issue into the national spotlight," said the letter from Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards. "And a thoughtful, careful review by leading medical and ethical experts could do a lot to help the public and policymakers think through this issue and reach informed conclusions."

Anti-abortion groups and many Republican lawmakers have said it is morally wrong for the group to obtain fetal organs for research, and some have accused it of selling the tissue for profit, which would be illegal.

Planned Parenthood says it abides by a law that allows providers to be reimbursed for costs of the procedures, only does it in fewer than five states, and gives the tissue to researchers only with the mother's consent.

Scientists have conducted fetal tissue research since the 1930s, and use the organs — from miscarriages and abortions — to seek treatment and cures for Alzheimer's, Down syndrome and other debilitating diseases. The National Institutes of Health spent $76 million on human fetal tissue research last year.

In the late 1980s, a National Institutes of Health panel studying fetal tissue transplants for studying Parkinson's diseases said the research was acceptable, saying such experiments were promising and did not influence women's decisions to have abortions.

Amanda Fine, a spokeswoman for the National Institutes of Health, had no immediate comment on Planned Parenthood's request.

The Senate GOP bill would end federal support for Planned Parenthood and instead distribute the money to community health centers, state and local agencies and other providers who do not perform abortions.

Sen. Joni Ernst, R-Iowa, the bill's sponsor, said Planned Parenthood's role in obtaining fetal organs "is morally reprehensible and wrong." A co-sponsor, Sen. James Lankford, R-Okla., said the videos show what happens when mothers agree to provide fetal tissue for research and "the child that was taken out of them was dismembered and sold for parts."

Democrats stepped up their defense of Planned Parenthood, focusing on the health-care services the beleaguered group provides for millions of women.

White House spokesman Eric Schultz said the administration strongly disagrees with the bill, adding, "We support them getting the types of services and health care they need."

Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, a long-time moderate, said she would oppose the proposal because it would immediately end the federal aid, "and I don't know how all the patients of Planned Parenthood could be absorbed" by other health care providers. She said such action should await an investigation into Planned Parenthood's practices.[/size]

No. 2 Senate GOP leader John Cornyn of Texas said health centers in his state "can absorb the legitimate health care needs of women for purposes that we all agree on, primary health care."

nadalfan

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2015/7/29/state_investigating_.html

from the article...

Florida Planned Parenthood responded Wednesday with this statement:

“These political attacks claiming that Planned Parenthood profits in any way from tissue donation are simply not true. While we do not have donations programs in Florida, some Planned Parenthood organizations in other states do, and they follow all laws and ethical guidelines. We always seek and welcome feedback from medical experts, but not from politicians.

“We will, of course, cooperate fully with any investigation, but important medical issues shouldn't be politicized. This isn't what people in our state want our elected officials to spend their time doing.”

The controversy has renewed efforts to ban federal aid to Planned Parenthood. Republicans in the Senate and House are pushing the proposal. They hope to vote on it before the August recess. But GOP leaders admit the proposal is a longshot because they don't have enough votes to push it forward.

Fetal tissue long used in medical studies
Controversy over Planned Parenthood's supplying fetal tissue for research has focused attention on a little-discussed aspect of science. This research goes back decades, and has been used to treat numerous diseases and even develop vaccines.

Some basic facts about fetal tissue in research:

___

WHAT IS FETAL TISSUE USED FOR?

Tissue from elective abortions and miscarriages is used for a wide variety of purposes. Scientists who want to regenerate organs and tissues may use it to learn how the human body makes them in the first place. Others look for defects in early development that can cause disease or miscarriage, or study normal development, which can guide therapeutic strategies. The tissue is also used to learn how medicines or toxins affect a fetus.

IS USING FETAL TISSUE A NEW IDEA?

Hardly. Scientists have worked with it since the 1930s. The 1954 Nobel Prize in medicine was awarded for work with fetal tissue that led to developing a vaccine against polio. The National Institutes of Health spent $76 million on human fetal tissue research in fiscal 2014.

WHAT DISEASES ARE BEING STUDIED TODAY?

AIDS and muscular dystrophy are examples. Some experimental treatments for spinal cord injury and macular degeneration involve transplanting fetal cells into patients. And European researchers recently began a study of putting fetal tissue into patients' brains to treat Parkinson's disease, a strategy that has had mixed results in the past.

HOW IS THE TISSUE PROVIDED?

It comes from hospitals and abortion clinics. Sometimes it goes directly to researchers, and in other cases it is handled by nonprofit organizations or companies that supply researchers.

CAN FETAL TISSUE BE SOLD FOR PROFIT?

No, that's a felony. Organizations or companies that supply the tissue can be reimbursed for expenses associated with costs like processing and storing the tissue, federal law says.

DOES THE WOMAN HAVE TO AGREE TO USING THE TISSUE FOR RESEARCH?

Yes, she has to give consent. And the matter can't be raised until after she has decided to have an abortion.

CAN'T RESEARCHERS JUST USE STEM CELLS INSTEAD?

Stem cells, including those obtained with adult donors, can develop into a variety of tissues in the lab. The European researchers in the Parkinson's study and others hope to learn enough to use them someday for transplant tissue. Experts say stem cells have already substituted for fetal tissue for some purposes, but that scientists still need fetal tissue to learn basic information about how organs form, or help them simulate certain diseases in the test tube.

The Associated Press contributed to this story

2seaoat

I have never met the human being who does not want to reduce abortions, but like the lion being shot in Africa, the hysteria does nothing to protect lions in Africa.  That takes resources and investments to protect lions.   Abortion can be reduced by programs which help expectant mothers with real financial support.  However, political propaganda which like bloody bodies at bengazi or blunt descriptions of how human tissue is donated for research do not really want to help solve problems.....rather to get political advantage using these horrible propaganda techniques.  It shows me the class of the individual.

Floridatexan wrote:
The video, like the James O'Keefe ACORN video, was heavily edited...and you people KNOW this, but you keep promoting the lies anyway.

She made herself perfectly clear.

Unless you had your eyes closed... your fingers in your ears... and were yelling lalalalalalala.

Which is the self inflicted equivalent of this censorship I suppose. Good work comrade.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

She made herself perfectly clear.

Unless you had your eyes closed... your fingers in your ears... and were yelling lalalalalalala.

Which is the self inflicted equivalent of this censorship I suppose. Good work comrade.

What part of "heavily edited" is unclear to you? And I'm not your "comrade".
I also have news for you, if it hadn't occurred to you before now...the GOP is on a roll alienating huge sectors of the population. Do you really think that women...especially of childbearing age...are going to put up with this frontal attack on their rights?

Unedited video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H4UjIM9B9KQ

I don't have any problem with making some use of the body since somebody already killed them.

Hell... y'all can go ahead and start sterilizing people again for all I care.

Will you focus on the poor and minorities again?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I have never met the human being who does not want to reduce abortions, but like the lion being shot in Africa, the hysteria does nothing to protect lions in Africa.  That takes resources and investments to protect lions.   Abortion can be reduced by programs which help expectant mothers with real financial support.  However, political propaganda which like bloody bodies at bengazi or blunt descriptions of how human tissue is donated for research do not really want to help solve problems.....rather to get political advantage using these horrible propaganda techniques.  It shows me the class of the individual.

I suspected that was how you did it. You simply ignore the FACTS, PRETEND THE TRUTH DOES NOT EXIST and presto, you can advocate for all the things that make you FEEL GOOD.

2seaoat

you can advocate for all the things that make you FEEL GOOD.

I feel good when the truth, justice, and fairness are standards.  I feel bad when lies, injustice and unfairness are the standards.  You sir stand for injustice.  The facts are clear.  The tissue is by consent only transferred to scientific use by the collection of fees.   If you have ever received a transfusion, you pay a fee for the collection of the blood.  Congress has tried to defund planned parenthood multiple times because Planned parenthood provides abortion services which are legal.  Those who believe that government should make decisions for women's health now attack and sensationalize that which is legal.  They will lose.   Planned Parenthood will remain.  Markle will continue to be classless.  Nothing much changes.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Markle will continue to be classless.

He does like to post on this forum photos of dead people, bodies falling from buildings, and now photos of fetus pieces. It goes way beyond being classless, I am afraid..... What a Face

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

Breathtaking inanity on display here.  The videos were heavily edited in the same vein as the ACORN and Shirley Sherrod videos.

That said, these types of videos are created in order to sway the minds of dumb people, and they have clearly reached their target audience.  

Poor Ole' Man Markle. Here you go, little buddy. Go have a seat over there in your rocking chair and stare out the window.

Planned Parenthood Warns Media Outlets NOT TO AIR Undercover Video of Baby Organ Harvesting Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Last edited by boards of FL on 7/30/2015, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Why don't you just say you don't give a fuck and let that be it? As long as the politician or program match your ideology and agendas they can literally do anything and it doesn't matter to you. The pretense that nothing happened is lame.

(The second time I've posted this in the one page of this thread.)

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Why don't you just say you don't give a fuck and let that be it? As long as the politician or program match your ideology and agendas they can literally do anything and it doesn't matter to you. The pretense that nothing happened is lame.

OK, so there is the full video.  Specifically, what part do you have a problem with? What - specifically - is the source of the outrage?

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Why don't you just say you don't give a fuck and let that be it? As long as the politician or program match your ideology and agendas they can literally do anything and it doesn't matter to you. The pretense that nothing happened is lame.

OK, so there is the full video.  Specifically, what part do you have a problem with? What - specifically - is the source of the outrage?

Mainly the lies, deflections, excuses, denials, revision, and obfuscation. All for agenda driven political convenience.

It is what it is... own it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

OK, so there is the full video.  Specifically, what part do you have a problem with?  What - specifically - is the source of the outrage?

Mainly the lies, deflections, excuses, denials, revision, and obfuscation. All for agenda driven political convenience.

Do you know what the term 'specifically' means?

Can you point out - specifically - whatever it is that you're outraged by in that video or can you not?

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

OK, so there is the full video.  Specifically, what part do you have a problem with?  What - specifically - is the source of the outrage?

Do you know what the term 'specifically' means?  

Can you point out - specifically - whatever it is that you're outraged by in that video or can you not?  

Well? Still got nothing? Add this one to the mountainous pile of instances in which PkrBum can't find the words to explain his own subjective opinion about a fairly straightforward subject.

If you can't specifically point to whatever it is that offends you in this video, why are you offended?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

Whoa ...

That's some seriously sagacious glibertarian insight, brah ....

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
Planned Parenthood Warns Media Outlets NOT TO AIR Undercover Video of Baby Organ Harvesting Buyer-tissue-planned-parenthood-575x324_zpsu2oheh9c

Those are some seriously ugly babies right there.

That lion was way more adorable.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:See page one.

So you're outraged, but you can't even state - specifically - whatever it is that has you outraged?  

That is about as dumb as it gets.  Not being able to communicate your political views or lay out an alternative to the Iran deal are dumb enough, but not being able to simply find the words to communicate that which offends you in a video is on an entirely new plane of stupid.

By a show of hands, who here is surprised that PkrBum has once again tapped out upon simply being asked for his opinion?

Don't all raise your hands at once now!

PkrBum wrote:Unedited video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H4UjIM9B9KQ

I don't have any problem with making some use of the body since somebody already killed them.

Hell... y'all can go ahead and start sterilizing people again for all I care.

Will you focus on the poor and minorities again?

polecat

polecat

?

If the fetus you save is gay will you continue to protect it's rights?

nadalfan

polecat wrote:?

If the fetus you save is gay will you continue to protect it's rights?

Benedictine Nun, Sister Joan Chittister's statement on being pro life

""I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum