Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Oats. Son played a round of Golf here today

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hallmarkgard

Rich Harvest Farms in Sugar Grove, IL...... Not too bad for a Westsider LOL

2seaoat

Rich Harvest Farms in Sugar Grove, IL...... Not too bad for a Westsider LOL

I have played it a couple of times in a Ryder Cup format.  This was Michael Jordan's hang out when he lived in Chicago.   Ask him what he thought of the artificial grass in one of the T boxes.

Mr. Rich made a billion on software connected with bar code scanning.  I knew the realtor who closed the deal on the Golf Course, as Mr. Rich sent in his pilot to act as a shill to put the parcels together.....like Walt Disney did with Disney World.  Mr. Rich used to play for Butterfield Country Club and we played them in team play.  His nickname was "Very"......for very rich.  He was a total arrogant prick, but a very devout Catholic donating the Catholic Church on Dugan Road adjacent to the Rich Harvest Property.  I personally know the golf architect who did the course, but Jerry always claims he designed it.....I am sure the artificial t box was his design.

It is a beautiful lay out with hickory, oak, black walnut and maple hardwoods, streams, and good elevation changes.  I got invited there a lot from members who had a game on Wed, but because my wife got in a spitting match with Jerry at a public meeting, I boycotted the course until the Ryder Cup.  Your son must be doing very well because this is one of the more exclusive clubs next to Medina, Olympia fields, and Butler in the State.  It is by invitation only and you should be proud of your son......and I am sure he will tell you about some of the funkey holes, and hopefully he got to see Jerry's car collection.  Probably 50 million under one roof.  The SOB decided he wanted to build an underpass on a township road, and did not permit it just started building.......he got whacked in court, but damn....the man got his underpass.....money talks.

Hallmarkgard

It was a company type event. He played for the Contractor he works for. Said he played with Plant manger of the company they have a big contract with. I think one of the Sentors also played with them. Any ways it will be back to work for him next week. I am very proud that he knows how to move in such circles..Far cry from Osceola and some 2nd hand clubs. He left 5 years ago with a wife and a small baby and 94 Toyota. Worked a shutdown in January, people liked him and offered him a job. Now he is the lead foreman for the company. I am very very proud of him. Proud Father Rant over LOL

2seaoat

You should be proud.....Rich Harvest Farm is a course very few get to play.  He probably played with Jim Oberweis who is a state senator and ran against Dick Durbin and lost in the fall of 2014.  I had gotten an invite for a fund raiser for Jim at Denny Haeserts home last October.....I did not go.......Jim fudges on his handicap, and is a weird duck.  His family had a dairy and he built it into a successful franchise selling locations for $375k.....a very wealthy man, but if you think Trump dislikes Mexicans, when Jim ran for Governor ten years ago he got in a helicopter and flew over downtown Chicago talking about how illegal immigrants have taken over Chicago.......he lost badly as he has in every statewide race.

I would play against him regularly in tournaments and he always had this doctor as a partner who at the dinner after matches would go around and ask for photos of wives........dirty old man, and all the women cringed when he came because he would always ask somebody to take a picture of him with his arm around the woman.......I can tell you the values you taught your son in West Pensacola are far superior to some of the values you find in these very wealthy clubs.   Ask him if he got to see the car collection and the t box with artificial grass......They played the women's ryder cup there a couple years ago, and he is trying to get a US Open......he is now in his early eighties and he lost his wife, and I doubt he will ever get the US OPEN.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hallmarkgard wrote:It was a company  type event.  He played for the Contractor he works for.  Said he played with Plant manger of the company they have a big contract with.  I think one of the Sentors also played with them.  Any ways it will be back to work for him next week.  I am very proud that he knows how to move in such circles..Far cry from Osceola and some 2nd hand clubs.   He left 5 years ago with a wife and a small baby and 94 Toyota.  Worked a shutdown in January, people liked him and offered him a job.  Now he is the lead foreman for the company.   I am very very proud of him.    Proud Father Rant over  LOL

Awesome Hallmark.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum