Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

racism and the change in American families

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

My son married a girl who had four sisters.  Her father passed away two years ago and he was a free spirit who had multiple DUIs, Harley crashes, and always had his confederate flag.  We have family birthday parties for my grandsons and all of my daughter in laws family shows up.  Her cousin married a black man and they have two beautiful children.  One of my daughter in law's sisters married a black man and has one child.   When the family gets together the children all play and the adults all enjoy each others company.  The father did not approve of the marriage, yet two years after he has died I see complete family joy and those children and their parents are fully accepted.   I grew up in a lily white family in segregated society, and now I have a blended family by marriage and I have never been happier knowing that hate and fear are slowly leaving American culture, and these beautiful children will have opportunities that their parents and grandparents never had the opportunity to enjoy.  Hate and racism is slowly dying off, and like the second novel which displays Atticus in a more realistic context, we realize no matter how good we think our morals and character are, we are the prisoners of our families and culture.  America is changing for the better and will have a bright future as these beautiful children will lead the way.

Some still seek a lily white environment, a Mayberry, or comfortable place as they age and they still fear diversity and equality.  However, that generation is dying, and young people do not have all that baggage of de jure and de facto segregation.  The times they are a changing

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My niece in Ohio married a black man. He finally took her home to Illinois, to meet his mom. His mom hit the roof and forced him to divorce her immediately. My niece was too fat to suit his mom......obeseism?

2seaoat

Black racism is alive and well in America.  Probably the hardcore are equal in percentages as white racists.  The difference is that this racism is hidden because blacks have not achieved economic or political equity in America.  In thirty five years, I firmly believe that this racism will become more obvious as the community is empowered.   The battle is not white or black racism, but racism in general .which denies a level playing field and fairness.  It will take time.  I remember never seeing a black actor as a child in movies or TV.  I remember my favorite baseball team just getting a black player a few years before they played the dodgers in the world series in 59.  I remember my aunts and uncles all having black people working for them, and they were simply middle class folks.  We are making great progress in creating a level playing field and it will be faith, grace, and the love of our children which will bridge these gaps far better than Seaotian blabber or a politician telling us what is wrong.  It will be seeing what is right which will win the day

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum