Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob, you ask me yesterday

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bob, you ask me yesterday Empty Bob, you ask me yesterday 7/11/2015, 10:29 am

dumpcare

Here you go Bob, this article shows how screwed up our state government is and what is going on with charlotte's web: READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE

http://www.cannabistherapysolutions.com/are-florida-patients-going-to-be-getting-charlottes-web-or-something-else/

It has come to light that there have now been 24 applicants to grow the Charlotte’s web strain in Florida for children and adults who have a medical need for CBD. Many of these patients will be suffering from brain disorders such as dravet syndrome and other conditions which affect the brain. There were 6 applicants in Central Florida alone. Now, we all know that the state is going to award only 1 license to each of the 5 regions in Florida, so many will go home dejected and empty handed. I would also imagine that many of these players / applicants are putting in multiple applications in each region which is costing them a “boatload”.

So, here we have a new industry that is going to have 5 major players who have never grown marijuana, never processed marijuana and haven’t sold to a market that is not yet clearly defined. How many of you see a problem with this? Well, it is what it is right now and we will have to see how it all plays out but it unfortunately has disaster written all over it. There are thousands upon thousands of people who need this medicine and we will undoubtedly see shortages and quality issues right off the bat. I am also assuming, along with all the other restrictions, that these growers will have to staff professional horticulturist to assist which will cost more money. These added expenses will filter down to the end cost to the consumer…like always.

It seems that the patients are always the ones to suffer because those who would center their efforts on greed are rarely, if ever, concerned with the welfare of their clients. But here is the kicker….

Florida nurseries will not just be producing Charlotte’s web. No, they will be producing a currently non-FDA approved drug from GW Pharmaceuticals called Epidiolex. this drug has gone through a few trials and even though “they” say that the results are “promising” they have also admitted that the placebo group “positive” results stood to be higher than normal, but blamed this on the CBD hype

THE CBD HYPE?

If this was hype and there was no studies backing up CBD, then why has GW spend millions getting in on the market? Strange way of dismissing higher placebo rates I would say. They also go further to say that out of those in the trial a good portion of them experienced negative side effects including but not limited to:

– diarrhea

– drowsiness

– dizziness

– lack of appetite

CBD does not cause any of these issues. So, the question now becomes What type of medicine will the people of Florida be receiving? Will it be Charlotte’s web extract or will it be something from the people at GW? The people want real medicine, they are not interested in people monkeying around with what is already working for thousands of epilepsy patients. Grow the right stuff and provide it to the people who need it.

The ending question is this — with all the restrictions on the CBD market along with all the fees associated, how will the THC market look when Florida finally makes the leap into including all forms of marijuana? out of 7,000 nurseries registered in Florida, only 1% qualified to grow marijuana. With the estimated need growing at a rate of over 1000% when THC becomes law, how will nurseries be able to keep up? The answer? They wont. Period.

With only 5 nurseries that have spend millions getting things set up for CBD, how will they transition over and include THC. CBD plants grow differently and require more attention and different light and feeding schedules. Maybe they didn’t consider this, but they this fact will hit them like a brick wall when we all vote next November. Will they have to open up more nurseries? They will have to, but will the nurseries who spent all that money want to make another run at it, or will we need out of state investors to come bail us out? Well see, but it has disaster written all over it.

2Bob, you ask me yesterday Empty Re: Bob, you ask me yesterday 7/11/2015, 3:29 pm

2seaoat

same story all over the nation as the resistance from big pharm and the alcohol industry has made the process absurd......but too many are marching forward to stop this movement.  If only big pharm could be as fair with Americans as they are with the rest of the world.....simple corruption and greed.

3Bob, you ask me yesterday Empty Re: Bob, you ask me yesterday 7/12/2015, 2:49 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's the insult added to the injury. Heroin is now becoming an epidemic. Why?
Because so many people are becoming addicted to those opiate prescription pain killers. Then when they can't get the prescriptions refilled they turn to heroin as a substitute.

Marijuana doesn't lead you to heroin or anything else and it's illegal. Opiate pain killers do lead you to heroin and they're legal.
Go figure.

4Bob, you ask me yesterday Empty Re: Bob, you ask me yesterday 7/12/2015, 3:02 pm

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Here's the insult added to the injury.  Heroin is now becoming an epidemic.  Why?
Because so many people are becoming addicted to those opiate prescription pain killers.  Then when they can't get the prescriptions refilled they turn to heroin as a substitute.

Marijuana doesn't lead you to heroin or anything else and it's illegal.  Opiate pain killers do lead you to heroin and they're legal.
Go figure.

Of course marijuana leads to harder drugs.

Why do you believe that addicting kids to drugs is a grand idea?

5Bob, you ask me yesterday Empty Re: Bob, you ask me yesterday 7/12/2015, 4:10 pm

2seaoat

Is this a lie, or are you really this challenged?

Patterns in progression of drug use from adolescence to adulthood are strikingly regular. Because it is the most widely used illicit drug, marijuana is predictably the first illicit drug most people encounter. Not surprisingly, most users of other illicit drugs have used marijuana first. In fact, most drug users begin with alcohol and nicotine before marijuana — usually before they are of legal age.
In the sense that marijuana use typically precedes rather than follows initiation of other illicit drug use, it is indeed a “gateway” drug. But because underage smoking and alcohol use typically precede marijuana use, marijuana is not the most common, and is rarely the first, “gateway” to illicit drug use. There is no conclusive evidence that the drug effects of marijuana are causally linked to the subsequent abuse of other illicit drugs.

http://healthland.time.com/2010/10/29/marijuna-as-a-gateway-drug-the-myth-that-will-not-die/

6Bob, you ask me yesterday Empty Re: Bob, you ask me yesterday 7/12/2015, 5:14 pm

dumpcare

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:Here's the insult added to the injury.  Heroin is now becoming an epidemic.  Why?
Because so many people are becoming addicted to those opiate prescription pain killers.  Then when they can't get the prescriptions refilled they turn to heroin as a substitute.

Marijuana doesn't lead you to heroin or anything else and it's illegal.  Opiate pain killers do lead you to heroin and they're legal.
Go figure.

I think Mr Erkle a few of us can prove you wrong and many more million's across the world. I don't know where you get your information (well yes I do) but your's and their info is dead wrong. Marijuana is not physically addictive, maybe mentally but not physically. Now go ahead and find some screwed up website that says I'm wrong and you're right. Better yet go to the beach stick your head in the sand if you can pull out of somewhere else and leave it there.

7Bob, you ask me yesterday Empty Re: Bob, you ask me yesterday 7/12/2015, 6:54 pm

dumpcare

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/01/cannabis-for-infants-brai_n_2224898.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dad-medical-marijuana-cured-2-year-old-cancer-pop-slipped-son-pot-oil-resort-article-1.143598

8Bob, you ask me yesterday Empty Re: Bob, you ask me yesterday 7/13/2015, 8:04 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You'll never be able to get markel to see the truth about this.  Why?
Because his only source of information on it is a media blowhard named Bill O'Reilly.  As long as O'Reilly is on television (probably until he's 90 years old) the markles of this world will stay ignorant.  They let this media blowhard do all their thinking for them.  Kind of like all the little teenyboppers who let Justin Bieber rule their lives.
It's sad that a human brain can be kidnapped by some loudmouth who also says lesbian gangs are a big threat to America.

9Bob, you ask me yesterday Empty Re: Bob, you ask me yesterday 7/13/2015, 8:56 am

2seaoat

The heroin epidemic in this country is hitting home.  I have a friend from high school whose 25 year old was high on heroin and had a fender bender.....the police arrive and give him a field sobriety test which he fails and they search his car and he has four bags of heroin.  The kid is underemployed cooking pizzas, and pretty much a good kid who has no goals and is like a lot of kids his age wandering and lost in regard to career and hope.

Mr. Markle trying to tie pot to hard drug use requires a cause and an effect.  There is none in the research.   Most who use heroin have rode a bike.  Most who use heroin have smoked a cigarette.  Most who use heroin have drank alcohol.  It riding a bike the pathway to heroin?  No, there is a high correlation, but it certainly does not cause heroin use any more than pot.

10Bob, you ask me yesterday Empty Re: Bob, you ask me yesterday 7/13/2015, 9:07 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's the truth that Bill O'Reilly never told merkel about.

http://www.bing.com/search?pc=COSP&ptag=D070715-A166D148A50&form=CONBDF&conlogo=CT3334470&q=prescription+opiates+leading+to+heroin

11Bob, you ask me yesterday Empty Re: Bob, you ask me yesterday 7/13/2015, 9:34 am

dumpcare

Bob wrote:You'll never be able to get markel to see the truth about this.  Why?
Because his only source of information on it is a media blowhard named Bill O'Reilly.  As long as O'Reilly is on television (probably until he's 90 years old) the markles of this world will stay ignorant.  They let this media blowhard do all their thinking for them.  Kind of like all the little teenyboppers who let Justin Bieber rule their lives.
It's sad that a human brain can be kidnapped by some loudmouth who also says lesbian gangs are a big threat to America.  

I know a few of those and I mean those people who do nothing but watch fox and listen to Rush all day. Simply brainwashed and their heroes can say or do no wrong. I scour the internet to find what seems to be the truth from either side.

I will be the first one to admit that mentally a person can tell themselves they need to light up that joint or their are dealer's out there that will treat and cut their marijuana with a stronger drug and the buyer may become an addict, but I will never believe that you will become addicted from the legalized marijuana.

12Bob, you ask me yesterday Empty Re: Bob, you ask me yesterday 7/13/2015, 9:37 am

dumpcare

Bob wrote:Here's the truth that Bill O'Reilly never told merkel about.

http://www.bing.com/search?pc=COSP&ptag=D070715-A166D148A50&form=CONBDF&conlogo=CT3334470&q=prescription+opiates+leading+to+heroin

Even if O'Reilly told him about them, it's hard to undue the brainwashing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum