Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

some people should not drink

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1some people should not drink Empty some people should not drink 7/4/2015, 10:38 pm

2seaoat

We have a park nearby where a river outfitter rents canoes and kayaks for trips.  Well a guy about 40 comes up to our house and other houses in the community looking for his wife.  Apparently they took a canoe trip with her 15 year old daughter and the mother while he was getting gas bought some hard liquor.  Well they took a four hour trip in the hot sun, and she was nipping on the hard stuff and apparently she cannot handle her alcohol and when they land in the park the woman about 40 just goes running into the woods.

Now this poor 15 year old and the mother's boyfriend are frantically looking for her because she will go hide if she has been drinking.  My wife lets him come onto the property and takes a twenty minute golf cart ride looking for her.  He tells the story that this mother has talked about running away from her responsibilities for the 15 year old, and the father will not take her.....and this guy is saying he will probably have to get a guardianship.   Well, they and others search and decide to go over to the next town fearing she has hitched a ride.  fifteen minutes later this looped lady who is quite attractive is soaking wet and slurring her words asking where she can buy tobbaco......my wife directs her to a gas station, and then calls the canoe outfitter who calls the boyfriend........the boyfriend stops and gives my wife a big hug, and all I could see were the eyes of that 15 year old.  Life is simply not fair sometimes.  Being a teenager is tough enough without these type of issues.  A simple family outing almost turns into a tragedy as alcohol flips this lady out as she swam and hid along the river bank......if you ever think things are difficult, be thankful for what you have.

Sal

Sal

Addiction issues are so very difficult and all too common.

I can only hope that woman gets the help she needs, and her family should get in touch with Al Anon.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum