Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PNJ LTE About recently Signed Into Law Abortion Waiting Period

+5
EmeraldGhost
Vikingwoman
Wordslinger
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Waiting period

The abortion waiting-period is now law in Florida as the governor signed a bill co-sponsored by Rep. Jennifer Sullivan, R-Mount Dora, and Sen. Anitere Flores, R-Miami.

Since “what’s good for the goose is good for the gander,” I propose a bill which, (mis)using their words, will give men “an opportunity to reflect on a major decision they are about to undertake” (in other words, having sex and possibly impregnating a woman) which will have “lifelong effects, not just physically but mentally as well.”

This new bill would require a 24-hour waiting period to ensure informed consent by the woman, including discussing the medical and emotional risks to her and their potential child. It is hoped that Planned Parenthood will expand their mission to provide every man “with counseling, support and information about all of (his) options.”

– Kathleen Vestal Logan, Gulf Breeze  

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

So?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:So?

Judging by the majority of ugly children I see being dragged through Walmart, it occurs to me that in many cases, abortion should be mandatory instead of illegal.  

Markle

Markle

[quote="Wordslinger"]

Judging by the majority of ugly children I see being dragged through Walmart, it occurs to me that in many cases, abortion should be mandatory instead of illegal. /quote]

Wow, you are far closer to your mentor (Adolph Hitler) than most of the others here knew. Like him, you have the ultimate solution.

PNJ LTE About recently Signed Into Law Abortion Waiting Period Auschwitz-death-camp1_zps2tpk76vx

Vikingwoman

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Waiting period

The abortion waiting-period is now law in Florida as the governor signed a bill co-sponsored by Rep. Jennifer Sullivan, R-Mount Dora, and Sen. Anitere Flores, R-Miami.

Since “what’s good for the goose is good for the gander,” I propose a bill which, (mis)using their words, will give men “an opportunity to reflect on a major decision they are about to undertake” (in other words, having sex and possibly impregnating a woman) which will have “lifelong effects, not just physically but mentally as well.”

This new bill would require a 24-hour waiting period to ensure informed consent by the woman, including discussing the medical and emotional risks to her and their potential child. It is hoped that Planned Parenthood will expand their mission to provide every man “with counseling, support and information about all of (his) options.”

This just pisses me off! They're never going to stop interfering w/ women's bodies.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

People will never agree on the abortion issue.  Personally, I think Roe v Wade drew a good, albeit arbitrary, line in the sand on abortion.   No need to restrict nor liberalize it any further.

Beyond that, I have to go along with Bill Clinton's comment that abortion should be "safe, legal, and rare."   And if someone still has a problem with abortion .... well, all I can say is "don't have one."

Everything in this world isn't black or white.  Never has been, never will be.

Vikingwoman

I concur.If you don't like abortion, don't have one. End of story.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Judging by the majority of ugly children I see being dragged through Walmart, it occurs to me that in many cases, abortion should be mandatory instead of illegal. /quote]

Wow, you are far closer to your mentor (Adolph Hitler) than most of the others here knew.  Like him, you have the ultimate solution.

PNJ LTE About recently Signed Into Law Abortion Waiting Period Auschwitz-death-camp1_zps2tpk76vx

Can you believe it, another Nazi photo from Semi-sane's bottomless, favorite files! ....

VectorMan

VectorMan

Another political position that proves just how fake liberals are. Claiming abortion laws are an attack on women and their health. When out the same side of their mouth they claim to do all sorts of "good" things for children when they would just as soon kill them in the womb. Typical fake ass liberals.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

VectorMan wrote:Another political position that proves just how fake liberals are. Claiming abortion laws are an attack on women and their health. When out the same side of their mouth they claim to do all sorts of "good" things for children when they would just as soon kill them in the womb. Typical fake ass liberals.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil They can't help it....so worried about racism but over 50% of black children are aborted...when did abortion become just another form of birth control ?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I love the way MEN think they're experts on this subject. You're not. This "law" is an invasion of women's rights. What if the "daddy" is a rapist? What if the rapist is Daddy, or Uncle Fred, or, like the Duggars, Brother? What if the fetus would be somehow carried to term with life-threatening birth defects?...and by going to term would further endanger the life of both fetus and the mother? I do not favor abortion, but I will forever defend a woman's right to choose...for the reasons stated above. And I despise politicians who use this issue for political gain.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
I love the way MEN think they're experts on this subject.  You're not.  This "law" is an invasion of women's rights.  What if the "daddy" is a rapist?  What if the rapist is Daddy, or Uncle Fred, or, like the Duggars, Brother?  What if the fetus would be somehow carried to term with life-threatening birth defects?...and by going to term would further endanger the life of both fetus and the mother?  I do not favor abortion, but I will forever defend a woman's right to choose...for the reasons stated above.  And I despise politicians who use this issue for political gain.

Those are all good reasons for an abortion; a one day wait will not change anything.

Abortion as a means of birth control is wrong.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
I love the way MEN think they're experts on this subject.  You're not.  This "law" is an invasion of women's rights.  What if the "daddy" is a rapist?  What if the rapist is Daddy, or Uncle Fred, or, like the Duggars, Brother?  What if the fetus would be somehow carried to term with life-threatening birth defects?...and by going to term would further endanger the life of both fetus and the mother?  I do not favor abortion, but I will forever defend a woman's right to choose...for the reasons stated above.  And I despise politicians who use this issue for political gain.

Those are all good reasons for an abortion; a one day wait will not change anything.

I couldn't agree more. I do not embrace the idea of abortion, as I think most women do not. But some of these right-wing politicians are using this issue for political gain...and in the process trying to outlaw birth control as well. Tell me, what options are left for women? No birth control, no say-so, no ability to control what goes on within her body. This stupid law is a slap in the face to women.

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Waiting period

This just pisses me off! They're never going to stop interfering w/ women's bodies.

Who speaks for the infant?

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Those reasons account for less than 5% of the abortions.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I couldn't agree more.  I do not embrace the idea of abortion, as I think most women do not.  But some of these right-wing politicians are using this issue for political gain...and in the process trying to outlaw birth control as well.  Tell me, what options are left for women?  No birth control, no say-so, no ability to control what goes on within her body.  This stupid law is a slap in the face to women.

Who is trying to outlaw birth control?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum