Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Bad Investment

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Bad Investment Empty A Bad Investment 9/10/2012, 10:20 pm

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/09/stadiums-are-a-bad-investment.html

What was the total income and profit for year one?

2A Bad Investment Empty Re: A Bad Investment 9/11/2012, 6:20 am

Shhhhhhh Be quiet. We do not talk about things like that. Go wahoos Thanks Mr Studer and Riskey for all you have done for Pensacola...........................
A Bad Investment 528000_3453985743881_11381058_n

3A Bad Investment Empty Re: A Bad Investment 9/11/2012, 7:26 am

2seaoat

The ballpark has been a huge success. By April of next year, the first year analysis will be started, and we can look at assessed values downtown, we can look at sales tax dollars generated, we can look at real estate taxes collected, we can look at employment numbers, and we can look at the dollars generated at the park and the costs of the same. To say that public investment in stadiums is always a loser is simply stupid. I have consistently shown an example where it can be a cash cow and generate millions for the public, I can also show you failures where the public has lost money. However, this has always been a no brainer. Walk the park. Look at the waterfront which now is available to the public. It was a bargain, and to think that the costs may be covered by revenues generated from this park......just a bonus.....whipped cream on my banana split. This park when looking at the numbers comprehensively will in five years be a historic success and will be an incubator of economic growth.

4A Bad Investment Empty Re: A Bad Investment 9/11/2012, 7:40 am

This was the question "What was the total income and profit for year one?

5A Bad Investment Empty Re: A Bad Investment 9/11/2012, 11:31 am

2seaoat

Anybody trying to answer that question before May 2013 cannot possibly have all the variables. You need sales tax revenues, you need actual collected taxes on the downtown district and surrounding area, you need to look at unemployment numbers and job creation. A business person who thinks you can simply look at sales to determine the health of a company would not stay in charge very long with that simplistic measure.....it is an important component, but the bottom line analysis in a public project will be complex. I will wait for a qualified analysis from somebody like Harper at UWF to see all the numbers and then we can talk about year one. From my perspective, being number one in attendance in the entire Southern League, when naysayers were saying there would never be over 50k all year, says all I need to know. Home run, and in May the numbers will prove it.

6A Bad Investment Empty Re: A Bad Investment 9/11/2012, 11:44 am

A Bad Investment Shibe810

How long before the CMP begans to look like Shibe Park/Connie Mack Stadium?

7A Bad Investment Empty Re: A Bad Investment 9/11/2012, 1:44 pm

You really need to get off the 50k kick. No one but D Skipper said that and you know it. You can not produce any figures, just want till next year. You mean to tell me that no one has any idea of how they did? How do they know the did not lose money? Make money?. Please............

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum